Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 AM

5 posts, read 31,476 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the Hartford area and was looking at some apartment buildings both downtown and in West Hartford. I was wondering if anyone has any info on what % of the quoted prices on the rental websites apartments in these buildings are going for. I'm specifically wondering about Hartford 21, Trumbull on the Park, 55 on the park, the Hawthorne on Gillette Ridge (bloomfield), Park Place Towers, Westgate Apartments.

If anyone has any information regarding the final prices these apartments are going for that'd be great! I'm guessing they are going for significant discounts, but just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 10:52 AM

625 posts, read 2,050,916 times
As far as I know, Hartford 21, Trumbull on the Park, 55 on the Park, and the Hawthorne are not offering signficant discounts, unless you work for an affiliated employer that gets a discount (UTC, Aetna, UConn Medical, etc.). They really don't have issues filling spots in these buildings/communities. Not sure about Park Place and Westgate.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Interesting. Were the rates higher a year or two ago? I'm coming from nyc where rents can be negotiated anywhere from 10-25% down from the current 'offer' prices.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:28 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etindell View Post
Interesting. Were the rates higher a year or two ago? I'm coming from nyc where rents can be negotiated anywhere from 10-25% down from the current 'offer' prices.
Right--I'd imagine those rents could easily be negotiated. I doubt Hartford 21 is anywhere near capacity, and there is probably not much demand going on, either. They should be willing to negotiate if they don't already!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
My drive from my future temp digs in Vernon to Hartford takes me past Park Place Towers (am going to be up in the area for the summer for something temporary) and I saw tons of "for rent" signs in that neighborhood that seemed to suggest there's lots of vacant apartments around to be negotiated. But at least for Park Place Towers (as JViello and others more familiar with the area noted in another recent thread) the impression I got was it was an island of "nice apartments" in a somewhat not nice neighborhood.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 PM

639 posts, read 2,711,626 times
Hartford 21 has filled all of the penthouses and most if not all of the 2 bedroom units. I believe only 1 bedroom units are left.

Overall I believe over 85% of the building is occupied last I read.

Also, they can usually hold out and rent top dollar for temporary corporate housing. ESPN rents a few units for their guests and out of state employers.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:33 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uconn99 View Post
Hartford 21 has filled all of the penthouses and most if not all of the 2 bedroom units. I believe only 1 bedroom units are left.

Also, they can usually hold out and rent top dollar for temporary corporate housing. ESPN rents a few units for their guests and out of state employers.
Yea, it is amazing that the housing demand in DT Hartford is still so strong...that tells me that they made a mistake removing all the housing from the Front Street portion of Adrien's Landing. We need more bodies in DT to cause markets and such to come in at an organic level. I hope the leadership there finally gets it...or at least Perez gets OUT.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uconn99 View Post

Just want to say that Hartford 21 is most certainly doing discounts. About 15-20% off of the posted rate. As is just about every other building downtown.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 AM

83 posts, read 226,645 times
From a paramedic who works in Hartford and has seen the insides of a lot of these places, I would avoid Park Place if I were you. The apartments you mentioned around Trumbull are pretty nice, but you shouldn't ignore the fact that you are still in downtown Hartford. Just as an example, 5 people were shot in a pizza place just a few blocks away from Hartford 21 a week or so ago. Unless you have a pressing reason to live in downtown Hartford, I would avoid it. ...Or at least think twice about it.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:50 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartford Medic View Post
From a paramedic who works in Hartford and has seen the insides of a lot of these places, I would avoid Park Place if I were you. The apartments you mentioned around Trumbull are pretty nice, but you shouldn't ignore the fact that you are still in downtown Hartford. Just as an example, 5 people were shot in a pizza place just a few blocks away from Hartford 21 a week or so ago. Unless you have a pressing reason to live in downtown Hartford, I would avoid it. ...Or at least think twice about it.
yes, you know all those hard working professionals who want to live in downtown who get shot at all the time.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut