Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 PM

16 posts, read 27,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarissanadina View Post
I meant to ask in the earlier post what part of CT were you moving to?

I haven't tried the Dominican shops just yet. Probably around the holiday times to see ehat they can do with short hair. Do you have any experience with seeing other people come in with short hair (above shoulder length)?
I'm in transition to CT....still trying to find a good place to stay. I'm hoping to be in the Enfield area...but we will see within the next week as we're moving within the next month. When I did go to the Dominican salons, I saw women with above shoulder length...actually mine was that length when I was going and I loved it!! You should definitely check it out if you have not already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 02:10 PM

10 posts, read 28,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCMamma View Post
I'm in transition to CT....still trying to find a good place to stay. I'm hoping to be in the Enfield area...but we will see within the next week as we're moving within the next month. When I did go to the Dominican salons, I saw women with above shoulder length...actually mine was that length when I was going and I loved it!! You should definitely check it out if you have not already.
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm thinking for the holidays I will try them out. I drive past the shop everyday after work and it looks crowded and smoky. I guess that is a good thing??

Old 03-01-2011, 06:42 AM

6 posts, read 21,903 times
Unfortunately, my search for a CT stylist/hairdresser has been a failure. When my husband and I took a short trip back to Orlando over the MLK weekend, I got my hair done by my stylist there. She was able to correct what they messed up here. I went to two different places who said that they could do a curl (I wear the Wave Nouveau), but came out with a straight style. I'm done with CT stylists. Fortunately, the curl only has to be done every 3-4 months, so when I go back to FL for Spring Break, I've already got my appt., and then I'll see my mom's stylist who frequently flies to NYC. I'm going with the tried and true instead of gambling that someone knows what they are doing here. If you wear a straight style, you will probably have better luck because that's all they seem to know how to do up here. Good luck! You're going to need it - especially coming from places like Atlanta and Philly. You're not going to find that caliber of haircare here in CT. But, if you do.... please let us know.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,796 times
Just wanted to add to this post since I found it because i was looking for a new hair dresser in ct as well. I did try Style 2000 two days ago based on a post on here. I went to Samantha and it was great!!! She did a great job!!! Also, the other hairstylists did a good job as well. Everyone walked out of there with their hair "hooked up"! I was very happy. Coming from B-More my expectations were pretty high and they did a good job. Thanks to the person who posted this! Hope this helps others. It's very hard to find a new hairdresser esp here. Thx

Old 03-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Well...I live in Manchester but I wil definitely drive if its worth it!! I need a stylist so bad its ridiculous!

Old 04-30-2011, 01:44 PM

51 posts, read 348,357 times
Stay away from style 2000 trust me!!

Old 07-09-2011, 06:11 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
I'm telling ya, hairstylists here SUCK big time.

Every time I go for a cut anywhere in the Stamford area, my mane gets abused and womanhandled

All across America, the best barbers are in the South, at least for men. They don't get much customers and they pay attention to the few who show up.

There was an Uzbek Jewish hairstylist in the Carolinas I used to frequent and she would cut me the best hair ever. I used to be amazed.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:07 PM

I went to Style 2000 and saw Samantha...she IS awesome..yet too far from Manchester. I found Melissa at Elegant Hair in East Hartford....10 minutes from my house, very knowledgable on hair care, uses Design Essentials (my fave), and styled my hair without much guidance from me!! My search is over and I've only been here 7 months! (ever sarcasm here)

Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
Hello did you have any luck finding a good hair salon? I'm also looking for a hair salon in the area I live in westville

Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM

8 posts, read 36,214 times
Main Switch Beauty Salon is a great hair salon. It's in Middletown, CT....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut