Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:28 PM

5 posts, read 18,084 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

I'am a new member to this site.I'am fnding it very useful to share and discuss local information. I currently live in Vernon area - renting an apartment & I'am looking for a new construction/recently built SF homes in the valley area( farmington,avon,canton ) - preferably in the lower 400's. I just got to know about this planned new construction - Langdon Quarters in Farmington area ..wondering if anyone has heard about this ..guess its near strawfield road. Is this a good neighborhood ?

The builder is ByCarrier. Wondering if anyone has worked with this builder and if they build quality homes.

Welcome to Langdon's Quarter's

Appreciate your responses..Thank you very much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 AM

786 posts, read 3,925,482 times
I don't know anything about the builder or development, but it is in the Unionville section of Farmington which I personally think is very quaint. There are a lot of conveniences in Unionville too, a new Stop N Shop, restaurants, Dr.'s, dentists, etc. You also wouldn't be far to Avon or Canton from there.

Where would you be commuting to? There isn't real convenient highway access (which can be said for all the towns you mentioned) so that is something to consider.

Good luck in your search.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:33 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissCT View Post
I don't know anything about the builder or development, but it is in the Unionville section of Farmington which I personally think is very quaint. There are a lot of conveniences in Unionville too, a new Stop N Shop, restaurants, Dr.'s, dentists, etc. You also wouldn't be far to Avon or Canton from there.

Where would you be commuting to? There isn't real convenient highway access (which can be said for all the towns you mentioned) so that is something to consider.

Good luck in your search.
I agree. Unionville 10 years ago or so, used to be a bit "forgotten" and a little run down...but now it's turned around nicely with all the things mentioned above.

The only downside is RT4 is your only lifeline out of there really and it can get backed up pretty good heading out in the AM and in during the PM hours.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:46 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
That area is very nice. There are some nice newer developments being built in the area of this development and it appears to be within walking distance of Unionville which is a plus. I agree that Unionville has come a long way. The Village Improvement Association and the town has plans to revive the village and the new Stop & Shop is just the first step. It should become an even better place to live near in the future. Jay

Old 06-01-2009, 09:37 AM

625 posts, read 2,050,916 times
Carrier is a pretty big builder in the Plainville and Farmington area. I've visited a few of their developments with buyers and the construction quality seemed pretty good. One of the nice things about them is that because they are a smaller builder, they are often a little more flexible in working with people on floor plans, upgrades, etc., which you won't always find with a larger builder (ie- Toll Brothers, Pulte).

Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I work in downtown hartford and my wife works out of Newington. I was hoping it would be a easy commute for her and I was planning to take the express bus or may be take Rt177 /Rt 6 inorder to avoid Rt 4 .

Can anyone tell me if unionville has any landfills near by the new construction address ( Strawfield area ) ? I'am hoping there are no landfills or wetlands.

I'am also looking at new construction in southington area..but havent been to that place yet. In terms of schools I often hear that Farmington/Unionville Schools are one of the best...Can anyone provide some feedback on Southington area - on the community & its schooling system -esp elementary & middle schools ?

Thanks again for all your responses.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:09 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
You can find information on both schools systems on the links below. Jay

Strategic School Profiles by District

Strategic School Profiles by School

Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 PM

184 posts, read 802,208 times
Default Carriers build new under 400K in Canton

The Carriers are still building new 3 or 4 bedroom homes in Canton, Ct at Powder Mill Village for well under 400K .... The ones on the market now range from $369,000 to $389,000. The location of Powder Mill Village is very good (very close to shops, waking distance to commuter bus to Hartford, historic Collinsville, Farmington River etc) Canton has excellent schools too...might be worth checking out !

Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 PM

96 posts, read 337,499 times
Communities

carrier has a nice new community in plainville close to highway

Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 PM

Apologies for the delay..Thank you all for the replies and suggestions..After evaluating our options in SF home new construction - powdermill( canton ), avalon farms( Glaston), langdon quarters ...decided to go with langdon...the community is good , close proximity to Farmington trail..the only thing that I dislike is Rt 4 commute...I think ,I might have to commute via Rt 6 to Hartford ..

Thanks again ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut