Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:39 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,724,498 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

Not last Friday but the friday before I was at a social event in town and I met your mayor. Since he's running for governor he was in the area just putting in an appearance, making the rounds as they say. We shook hands, chatted briefly since I know Stamford a little bit, and wished him the best of luck. Call it instinct, but he really seems like a straight shooter.

For those of you who live in his city, what do you guys think of him? I mean, he's running for governor now, and I'll definitely pay attention to him since he's looking to oversee the state and I definitely got a good vibe about him. But I'll be honest, I really like Jodi Rell - she's probably the most level-headed person in public office and SHE'S the governor and I don't know if she plans on running again. If she does she's probably my first pick. But I do like Molloy, and I'd like to hear more from him as far as his ideas for what his plans would be if he does become governor. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times
Let me be the 1st non-resident to give his opinion in this thread.

The transformation that the city has undergone since i began working in the area(~'97) has been stunning. I'm a registered Republican, but i'd vote for Malloy if he were nominated. Malloy and Republican Mayor Lauretti in Shelton, have been the most influential/effective leaders in the state over the last decade. IMHO, of course.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Let me be the 1st non-resident to give his opinion in this thread.

The transformation that the city has undergone since i began working in the area(~'97) has been stunning. I'm a registered Republican, but i'd vote for Malloy if he were nominated. Malloy and Republican Mayor Lauretti in Shelton, have been the most influential/effective leaders in the state over the last decade. IMHO, of course.
I agree about Malloy but isn't Lauretti under investigation? Hasn't he been tied to a corruption case that is pending? I know people in city hall and they are just waiting for the day the feds pull up and haul him off to jail. Plus how is Lauretti influental and effective? Just wondering? Jay

Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree about Malloy but isn't Lauretti under investigation? Hasn't he been tied to a corruption case that is pending? I know people in city hall and they are just waiting for the day the feds pull up and haul him off to jail. Plus how is Lauretti influental and effective? Just wondering? Jay
The numerous improvement projects to Lauretti's home have been investigated. I guess we'll find out more as the Botti trial evolves. The renovation project on Malloy's Shippan home was also investigated a few years back, and he was cleared. Is Lauretti another "pay to play" like Ganim or Rowland? Maybe. But until he's charged with a criminal act and convicted on it, i'll consider him innocent. It just seems really plausible to me, considering that the developer heavyweight of Shelton(Robert Scinto), has not been mentioned in possible corruption.

I think Lauretti has been extremely effective at fostering a pro-business community, and the mill rate in Shelton reflects that. He also has facilitated compromises in many issues that would normally be sorted out through expensive litigation in court. The biggest example that i can name would be Avalon. They came to an agreement with the company to build 2 small complexes in separate locations. Many people in my town are still a bit angered over how easily, quickly and efficiently they were able to find a reasonable compromise, saving the city taxpayers from paying significant $$$$$ in a protracted court fight.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:21 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,724,498 times
Jesus, it seems EVERY city mayor in this state has been investigated for corruption charges. First it was Giordano (Waterbury), then Ganim (Bridgeport), then King Eddie (Hartford), and now Lauretti - who's next?

Anyone care to guess who's next?...... Anyone?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
Jesus, it seems EVERY city mayor in this state has been investigated for corruption charges. First it was Giordano (Waterbury), then Ganim (Bridgeport), then King Eddie (Hartford), and now Lauretti - who's next?

Anyone care to guess who's next?...... Anyone?
MIRON.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,306,064 times
Shouldn't East Haven be on the list too?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Shouldn't East Haven be on the list too?
No.

The little panty boys in the East Haven P.D. are just crying sour grapes because they got spanked by a lesbian.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:53 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,306,064 times
Ah. I just read in the Courant that the mayor/1st select/whatever it is and her secretary got arrested for something. Haven't heard much about it though.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 PM

418 posts, read 1,411,372 times
Malloy's been great for the City. I'm concerned that he's losing his values though, pandering to voters elsewhere in the state. He's made some really uncharacteristic statements lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut