Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
This is my theory..and it's unproven, unstudied, uncited, unsupported, personal opinion only:

---the more technology and devices a person has, the more unhappy they are.

Why? Too many incompatibility issues, connectivity, and other problems the more devices one has...

Has anyone gone away on a technology retreat, unplugged and re-discovered themselves?

Or, are you blissfully happy being connected all the time everyplace you go--- and suffer from technology withdrawal??
What I think you might be experiencing is fear of how fast technology is changing. I mean 10 years ago we did not have smart phones and today we have Google glass, that is a huge leap in technology that has never been seen in society before. Then when you look in the future it will change even more. So it is understandable to have some fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 10:35 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Technology can't make you happy or unhappy; IMO.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:55 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin
This is my theory..and it's unproven, unstudied, uncited, unsupported, personal opinion only
A good opinion!!

My opinion is this:

Technology is being used by the elite TO MONITOR/ENSLAVE people and people willingly use this stuff and give them even MORE POWER to invade thier lives......

Old 12-03-2014, 12:14 AM

531 posts, read 758,198 times
Do you prefer doctor not using tech looking at you and guess you have cancer or not?
Or let doctors using tech scaning your body for tumors?
Without tech, all the doctors can do is to send you home or woodoo.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:27 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,849,467 times
The thing that gets to me is every time we add yet another device or service, it provides another thing to unpack, learn, connect, install, configure, optimize, maintain, monitor, update, diagnose, repair, dispose of, recycle, etc .

.. well sorta anyway. Our toaster is still pretty stable.

But I'm old enough to recall and have used early online systems, PCs, email, Internet, cell phones (and many other devices...like audio/video/automotive) and experience how they 'helped' but also began to 'intrude' into life. While tech surely has many 'benefits', I am not convinced it has all been for the better. Most things strike me as what would be regarded as 'nice to haves' rather than 'requirements (must haves)'. No doubt others will disagree...and that is understandable

... but there is also no turning back either, and I doubt the sheer number are an indicator of happiness or much else...but I could still happily live without most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics