Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 05:19 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,302,588 times

Advertisements

Praise - Yamaha Receivers
I just replaced my old Yamaha RX-V2090/DDP-2 combo with an Aventage RX-A3020 a few months back. The sound is incredible. I have always been a Yamaha fan for receivers. I've had Kenwood, Sony, and Denon, but they just never had the clarity of the Yamaha's I've owned.

Praise - Sony & Samsung TV's
I like them both. I still have a 40" Sony behemoth tube TV, as well as a Sony & Samsung flat panel LCD's. Love the picture on both.

Bash - Bose
Not that the sound is horrible, but way overpriced for what you get.

Praise - Future Sonics Atrio M5's (ear buds)
By far the best sound I've had from buds, and I've had a lot of them priced up to $200. These sound the best with my phone & iPod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 07:05 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,812,773 times
A few years back got rid of a Onkyo and replaced it with a Yamaha. Sony & Samsung have become overpriced trash. Had one of each fail (less than 5 yrs old) and the the part required was more than a new TV. They've been replaced by Toshiba's. Bose; still have my cubes and 301's. Headphones; actually found that 3EIGHTY5 has a decent sound and have a few variations of them.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:37 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,339,139 times
Yamaha have always been very reliable in receiver industry. I read a lot of good things about Yamaha. Onkyo and Harman Kardon once had good reputation but I'm not sure if their quality is up to the standard their reputation once had. Denon has a huge following as well and overall their quality was once top notch. Not sure where they stand now but it should be better than Onkyo and Harman Kardon. Pioneer Elite and Marantz are good too.

I'm a huge fan of Panasonic because of their Plasma tv. I can't believe it's gone!

I believe Sony is respected and well like for the things they make and sell. I have never have any issues with Sony products. I believe one of Sony's weaker product is the receiver industry. I don't think they get the kind of respect from people the way the above companies^^^ that I posted above.

Monster Cable, Beats by Dre, and Bose: Overall feeling I get is, reputation of being most over rated products and too expensive what it brings to the table. Better selections and cheaper price products can be had elsewhere and be competitive or even better.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:06 PM

2,017 posts, read 1,655,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Praise - Yamaha Receivers
I just replaced my old Yamaha RX-V2090/DDP-2 combo with an Aventage RX-A3020 a few months back. The sound is incredible. I have always been a Yamaha fan for receivers. I've had Kenwood, Sony, and Denon, but they just never had the clarity of the Yamaha's I've owned.

Praise - Sony & Samsung TV's
I like them both. I still have a 40" Sony behemoth tube TV, as well as a Sony & Samsung flat panel LCD's. Love the picture on both.

Bash - Bose
Not that the sound is horrible, but way overpriced for what you get.

Praise - Future Sonics Atrio M5's (ear buds)
By far the best sound I've had from buds, and I've had a lot of them priced up to $200. These sound the best with my phone & iPod.
you finally found that out about BOSE!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:02 PM

17 posts, read 20,633 times
Praise: my Motorola Moto X smartphone. It couldnt be better IMO.

Praise: Samsung Tvs, monitors, and blue ray players

Bash: Samsung phones and tablets. For many reasons. Full of trashy apps you cant get rid of, slow, charging port issues. Etc.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:13 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,339,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
you finally found that out about BOSE!

I never understood people's love for Bose. I remember the first time I saw them on tv. Those little cubes as home theater system. Finally got a chance to audition them and boy, was I disappointed. They are just overpriced computer speakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics