Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times

Advertisements

After i got my converter box and still getting inadequate signals(worked OK for 2 days, then went bad), i decided to get basic cable service. They're coming here 6/12 to install

I have a 5 year old 13 inch Magnavox combo TV and DVD player. Unless i get a new flatscreen before 6/12, this magnavox is the TV that is going to get hooked up to cable

My question is if i get a new flatscreen TV after they hook up the magnavox, will the provider have to make an extra trip here to install again, or can i do it on my own?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
After i got my converter box and still getting inadequate signals(worked OK for 2 days, then went bad), i decided to get basic cable service. They're coming here 6/12 to install

I have a 5 year old 13 inch Magnavox combo TV and DVD player. Unless i get a new flatscreen before 6/12, this magnavox is the TV that is going to get hooked up to cable

My question is if i get a new flatscreen TV after they hook up the magnavox, will the provider have to make an extra trip here to install again, or can i do it on my own?
Not for basic cable.

The only reason they would have to make another trip is if you were to upgrade your service to one requiring a new set-top-box. And that would be to deliver to new box and possibly remove the line blocks outside at the pedestal/pole/whatever you have.

All you need to do is disconnect the old TV, and replicate those connections to the new TV.

And if you have problems, you know you can ask here.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,190 times
if my rf port is torn out that connects the cable to my flat screen tv is thereanother way to connect the cable to the tv

Old 05-17-2013, 05:45 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertld View Post
if my rf port is torn out that connects the cable to my flat screen tv is thereanother way to connect the cable to the tv
You would need a tuner or converter box from the cable company so it can connect to the A/V connections on your TV.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
regarding my old May 2009 post, im doing great with my 32" Vizio flatscreen. glad i bought it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics