Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,330 times

Advertisements

There are more sides to a story than one. If you knew the guys involved with Auxin, you would know that money is definitely not the issue. Neither is character when considering the amount of time, money and service that they have invested in our community over the years. Absolutely nothing about this rumor adds up. Not alarmed here. Just excited to see what they do. It will be great for the West side businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 12:07 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,610,419 times
Then I would suggest Auxin relay their side of the story as to calm any alarms. Regardless of what the issue is; financing a project like this is difficult, especially given the demographics and no past precedence.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:57 AM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
In today's H-C someone asked what was going in the old Honda building on Spring. I assume they mean the old Honda motorcycle dealer just east of the Square. The answer is that it's office and retail space developed by Auxin, which I hope means that Auxin is still alive and still planning on eventually getting a hotel and conference center downtown.

Are there plans to widen 10th Street? | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 04-13-2016, 08:15 AM

This week's Today in the Upper Cumberland had city council member Dwight Henry being interviewed about the Envision Cookeville results. He specifically mentioned that building a hotel and conference center downtown is one of the priorities, and that the Auxin group is still working on making it happen at the site of the old Wilson building downtown. I guess there's a lot of hoops to jump through, but I'm encouraged that the plans haven't been abandoned.

Today In Upper Cumberland Podcast: Envision Cookeville | Cookeville's News Talk 100.9/AM 1600

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-17-2016, 05:50 AM

An interesting line in today's rundown of the week's real estate transfers:

From Jerry C. Gaw and Paul Gaw to Cookeville Downtown Hotels LLC, 9 Cedar Avenue South

Isn't this where the condo tower was supposed to go? Maybe the proposed hotel/conference center will take up a larger footprint than previously proposed?

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-17-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
An interesting line in today's rundown of the week's real estate transfers:

From Jerry C. Gaw and Paul Gaw to Cookeville Downtown Hotels LLC, 9 Cedar Avenue South

Isn't this where the condo tower was supposed to go? Maybe the proposed hotel/conference center will take up a larger footprint than previously proposed?
This may be most likely be something I had commented on previously: Auxin had a handshake agreement with the owner of this parcel for purchase; Gaws swooped in and paid cash in hand to sit on and or speculate; so, I'd presume that the Gaws had a nice little ROI on this parcel. Unless, the parcel previously mentioned and the condo property were packaged together.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
This may be most likely be something I had commented on previously: Auxin had a handshake agreement with the owner of this parcel for purchase; Gaws swooped in and paid cash in hand to sit on and or speculate; so, I'd presume that the Gaws had a nice little ROI on this parcel. Unless, the parcel previously mentioned and the condo property were packaged together.
So you think the Gaws were never serious about building condos on that lot? If so, they went through a lot of trouble just to be profiteering jerks.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
So you think the Gaws were never serious about building condos on that lot? If so, they went through a lot of trouble just to be profiteering jerks.
That isn't what I'm purporting. There was a final parcel that Auxin had left to buy...part of/or the parking lot (if I recall correctly) owned by someone I won't name...they had a handshake deal, but no written contract. The Gaws purchased that piece at the price quoted by the seller...I assume for speculation.

I would also assume that Auxin learned a valuable lesson. See previous commentary on this thread.

Last edited by tragenvol; 07-17-2016 at 11:27 AM..

Old 07-17-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
That isn't what I'm purporting. There was a final parcel that Auxin had left to buy...part of/or the parking lot (if I recall correctly) owned by someone I won't name...they had a handshake deal, but no written contract. The Gaws purchased that piece at the price quoted by the seller...I assume for speculation.

I would also assume that Auxin learned a valuable lesson. See previous commentary on this thread.
That does seem pretty rotten of the Gaws to do that, if that's indeed what happened (and it sure seems like it did). Anyway, I'm glad this hotel/conference center is still happening. I hope we'll see a rendering for it soon.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-07-2016, 06:13 AM

There's a nice article in today's paper about this conference center. Auxin CEO David Allen said that in the next couple of months they'll release more details, but so far they're planning a 20,000 square foot conference center with a four-story hotel surrounded by retail shops. With a lack of available retail space in the West Side, the inclusion of retail shops in this project should be a welcomed addition to downtown.

I'd love to know what hotel company they're working with, and I'm eager to see some renderings of what this project will look like.

Convention center plans move forward | Herald Citizen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville