Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,507,319 times

Advertisements

As3369, I hope you and your spouse take an afternoon off and drive to Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville (one of the state's smallest parks), but so beautiful, especially at this time of year. Crossville has been a popular relo city for retirees for a couple of decades now. With the university in Cookeville, I'm not surprised to hear many people relocating there now too.

Also, when you get a day off in the spring (late April or early May) you absolutely must take a drive through the Sequatchie Valley... mostly along highway 127 from Crossville to Chattanooga by way of Signal Mountain. This is one of the best kept secrets in the whole country. Its beauty brings me back every spring.

Lastly, you'll never go wrong with a trip through the Smokies at just about any time of the year. Tennessee is so beautiful with vistas that still take my breath away. Welcome to our state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 PM

235 posts, read 773,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
As3369, I hope you and your spouse take an afternoon off and drive to Cumberland Mountain State Park in Crossville (one of the state's smallest parks), but so beautiful, especially at this time of year. Crossville has been a popular relo city for retirees for a couple of decades now. With the university in Cookeville, I'm not surprised to hear many people relocating there now too.

Also, when you get a day off in the spring (late April or early May) you absolutely must take a drive through the Sequatchie Valley... mostly along highway 127 from Crossville to Chattanooga by way of Signal Mountain. This is one of the best kept secrets in the whole country. Its beauty brings me back every spring.

Lastly, you'll never go wrong with a trip through the Smokies at just about any time of the year. Tennessee is so beautiful with vistas that still take my breath away. Welcome to our state.

That is why we are tring to get there!!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:38 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
As, you should check with young lisa about posting pictures. She has hers full size in her weekly updates on their off the grid house construction. Enjoying reading your story. One thing that had me wondering about things. You wanted to be close enough to go watch the Titans play football. Why? Only one win! lol

Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM

231 posts, read 585,670 times
Thank you for your suggestion kygman. Can anyone answer how I can post the full size photos instead of the thumbnails?

Thx alot.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 AM

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I am still having difficulty posting new pictures to this thread. Therefore, I have posted recent pictures in my album for the house construction. The most recent ones were taken this weekend when we paid a visit. We were fortunate to have a wonderful, sunny weekend in the midst of the enduring cold spell that has continued for the past month.

The construction has been hampered by the snow/rain/cold during the winter months. They are installing the fireplace and the roof shingles this week or next depending upon the weather. The ledgestone and Hardie siding should also be completed in the next couple of weeks.

I found a picture of a timberframe porch on line and sent it to my builder. He did a wonderful job of creating the porch based on the picture and we are very happy with the choice.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:15 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by as3369 View Post
I know I haven't posted in a while, but I am still having difficulty posting new pictures to this thread. Therefore, I have posted recent pictures in my album for the house construction. The most recent ones were taken this weekend when we paid a visit. We were fortunate to have a wonderful, sunny weekend in the midst of the enduring cold spell that has continued for the past month.

The construction has been hampered by the snow/rain/cold during the winter months. They are installing the fireplace and the roof shingles this week or next depending upon the weather. The ledgestone and Hardie siding should also be completed in the next couple of weeks.

I found a picture of a timberframe porch on line and sent it to my builder. He did a wonderful job of creating the porch based on the picture and we are very happy with the choice.
What a beautiful house!!!! And what a view, too!! I can't wait to see the finished product (a c-d party? heh heh).

Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,820 times
Your house is going to be beautiful. Congratulations! Please keep us posted.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:31 AM

851 posts, read 2,457,616 times
Are you using the inert image on tool bar or through the photobucket? I have better luck with photobucket. I know when ever I do it I have to play around and never know if it is going to work until I try it. And when it works it is a full size photo. Your house is coming along very nice and it looks great.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
as3369 your house is looking beautiful. When do you expect it to be completed?

BTW, I sent you a DM with step by step directions on posting pictures. Good luck.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM

THANKS A MILLION YOUNGLISA7!!!
I finally can post the full-size pictures and avoid everyone having to review the album or post any thumb-nail size photos. Here are the latest from my album...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville