Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 AM

1,678 posts, read 4,011,264 times

Advertisements

Looks like Las Brisas will finally be hiring! Do you suppose this is for the construction phase jobs, or the jobs they will have available once the plant is complete?

Any thoughts on this new energy plant? Do you think their $3.2 billion spending will have a positive impact for Corpus and surrounding areas?

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 11:31 AM

19 posts, read 52,874 times
Default About Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Looks like Las Brisas will finally be hiring! Do you suppose this is for the construction phase jobs, or the jobs they will have available once the plant is complete?

Any thoughts on this new energy plant? Do you think their $3.2 billion spending will have a positive impact for Corpus and surrounding areas?

Ian
Thank you for the info. I did not know about the job fair.I certainly hope that this will be the boost that this area needs so desperately right now. There are no jobs worth anything.
I believe it will be for the construction phase, and hopefully acctng, and other type jobs as well.
This area has fought progress for so long, it is unbelievable!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:42 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Ian
It depends. If they hire a bunch of out of city/state contractors, then no. That 3.2 billion is leaving Corpus. But if they hire a bunch of locals than yes. Question, is there a big enough pool of construction workers in Corpus to do the job? I'm unaware of the size of the project. They could contract someone like Zachary who would then use resources from everywhere to build it or they could just contract a bunch of small firms in Corpus.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 PM

28 posts, read 136,425 times
Las brisas needs union contractors who will pay a good wages and benefits.These energy companies are robbing us blind.They treat us like lazarus,who would gladly have eaten his fill from the scraps that fell from the rich mans table.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,533 times
Every doctor I know is opposed to Las Brisas because of the negative impact it will have on our health. Our city and county "leaders" have sold out.....

Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Las Brisas View Post
Every doctor I know is opposed to Las Brisas because of the negative impact it will have on our health. Our city and county "leaders" have sold out.....
I agree with you 100%. I know we need jobs, but not if it's going to jeopardize air quality and health.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM

28 posts, read 136,425 times
I'VE heard that Las brisas is using the cleanest technology for that type of a plant.We need strike a balance to protect the environment with the latest technology while supplying power and jobs to the community.For those who oppose power plants i suggest you get off the grid and get some solar panels and windmills.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM

19 posts, read 52,874 times
I agree w/Bluedog12 on this one. The job picture down here is horrible. We are struggling. The bad thing is that a lot of people that have jobs don't seem to want to admit it. And as long as we have the type of City council that keeps making things easier for their friends and family, what chance do some of us have? Not to mention that progress is fought at every turn. I have never seen any thing like it.
I am going back to school, to change my profession.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:26 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Las Brisas View Post
So what, this city is filled with refineries already and nobody has complained until now.

Its not like you are going to live by the damn thing. So it wont affect you.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:13 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,521,563 times
I don't suffer fools well and I know that Gabe has heard and read people complain about refineries.

Just read the posts you like, and talk to the people you like, its a free country believe it or not!

Maybe you didn't like the thread on area schools either- perhaps you knew it all and didn't want facts annoying you. That's life.

Las Brisas and the refineries are bad for our area's health and its reputation, and that's more important than what one anonymous poster thinks of another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi