Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Since you appear to know him so well, I don't trust you either. Are you pen pals or something or were you cellies at one time?
no, but I gather you were?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I disagree. While I don't want any innocent people to be penalized, the number of them relative to the number of unquestionably guilty people the taxpayers are saddled with is tiny, tiny, tiny. And by quickly, I mean one year and one retrial max for a capital conviction. It says a lot that we don't trust the system well enough that a retrial is required, but so be it. It would be better than the billions we now spend on 10, 15, 20+ years of legal wrangling for death penalty cases or even life sentences on people for whom guilt is undeniable. In any event, modern evidence processes preclude the majority of incorrect convictions.
I'm sure the "tiny, tiny, tiny" ones would be devastated to hear that (like the man in the link I posted, innocent and in jail for 35 years, lucky for him they jailed him, or he woulda been loooong dead)...but then again, I guess for some...life is cheap.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:51 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
She must be proud of herself...

Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
no, but I gather you were?
Well, I did spend a fair amount of time in jails and prisons, not to mention roaming the streets. But the difference was, I wore a badge. From which side of the bars did you gain your knowledge of sociopaths and institutionalization?

Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
Should anyone care to hear what Charlie's day to day life consists of take a listen to the conversations between him and I. This is about as true as you will ever hear Charlie talk, because he is being talked to by a friend. I just releases an album of Charlie's never before heard music entitled " The Lost Vacaville Tapes". Take a peek at my website to see Charlie's personal effects, hear some great conversation, and if you care to grab an album at, New Charles Manson Album "The Lost Vacaville Tapes" ready for Release 11/11/13

Old 12-04-2013, 07:10 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gurecki View Post
Should anyone care to hear what Charlie's day to day life consists of take a listen to the conversations between him and I. This is about as true as you will ever hear Charlie talk, because he is being talked to by a friend. I just releases an album of Charlie's never before heard music entitled " The Lost Vacaville Tapes". Take a peek at my website to see Charlie's personal effects, hear some great conversation, and if you care to grab an album at, New Charles Manson Album "The Lost Vacaville Tapes" ready for Release 11/11/13
Huh? Why one earth would anyone even want to listen to this garbage?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:17 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,913,903 times
I tend to agree with vmaxnc, the convicted innocent are few and I am sure the Innocence Project would be thrilled to come up with protocols to make sure the potential innocent are protected, such as the case where DNA technology was not available. This appears to be the majority of the cases.

But where DNA has provided the proof of guilt, or even those that plead guilty, or especially the ones that take pride in their crimes like good old Charlie here, this eternal death row is a bit much.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:25 AM

107 posts, read 164,137 times
This is sick ~ he should have no rights to marriage.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Lots of women get hung up emotionally with convicts.
It's about the safest relationship possible for them, especially when a lifer like Manson is concerned. The girl knows he'll never get out vertical and stii suckin' wind, so she can create any fantasy around him that she wants, knowing she won't ever have to reconcile her fantasies with the real guy.

For a lot of lonely women, just being doted on is enough for them. The convicts dote on them, for sure; their letters make them out to be whatever the gal wants. If she's heavy, they'll always say they love big women, for example. As long as the letters keep coming, and in these relationships there are always lots of them, both can have fantasy distractions that are more pleasant for both than everyday life. The thought of living with a dangerous and notorious person can be very thrilling to either gender, and lots of men act the same way with female convicts that are serving life sentences.

The women often move closer to the prison to make face to face visits easier and more frequent. Someone like Manson is very safe, because they will never see each other without a pane of heavy glass between them, and visits are restricted both in time and intervals, so neither will ever see the other's bad sides, or have any real physical contact, or have to go through all the little trials of married life.

As often as not, the woman will give it up as soon as she learns the convict will be released and moves as far away as it takes for her to feel safe, but some of these relationships go on for years and years. Some of Charlie's old girls from 50+ years ago still write to him, and some may even attempt to visit, but I don't think many actually go.

Manson loves any attention he can get, even though he's so conditioned to prison now he is probably content with it, if not happy. He knows he'll never get out alive, and has probably given up any hopes of ever being paroled, as he hasn't shown up for the last few hearings. At his age, he doesn't have very many left, I expect.
For some women who get into romances with convicts, I think it's like women who get into romances with married men. They think they want committment and romance but deep down fear it. This way they can feel like someone cares about them but don't have the hassles a real relationship brings.

For one like this 25 year old and Charles Manson himself, they're just completely psychotic and also destroyed their minds with drugs. Who knows what actually goes through their mind -- they are insane.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I'm sure the "tiny, tiny, tiny" ones would be devastated to hear that (like the man in the link I posted, innocent and in jail for 35 years, lucky for him they jailed him, or he woulda been loooong dead)...but then again, I guess for some...life is cheap.
I'm referring to cases today, not from 20, 30, 40 years ago. Even so, start with the undeniably guilty-Manson, school shooters, Jared Loughner, the Batman theater shooter, the two guys who raped the wife and daughters in Connecticut, then burned them alive while the dad tried to get help, the killers caught on video shooting convenience store clerks and cops, etc. Start with them and those like them, and work your way down. You'll go through a few thousand murderers a year before you get to anyone whose guilt may be questionable after conviction.

Life isn't cheap, at least in this country. That is exactly why I think anyone who takes it wrongfully should be permanently removed. There is no second chance for those people, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events