Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Err, not a good bet. The fight has been cancelled.
That's too bad. Though I'd never pay to watch GZ in a fight, I was curious to see just how awful he'd be in a ring. I know at his trial, the guy who trained him at the exercise/mma gym said GZ was totally uncoordinated and didn't even know how to throw a punch. Maybe they can reschedule with GZ against Angela Corey or DeeDee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 08:00 AM

10,721 posts, read 5,658,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Racial profiling is a form of discrimination by which law enforcement uses a person’s race or cultural background as the primary reason to suspect that the individual has broken the law.

Seeing how Trayvonn was doing nothing suspicious, I can only assume the reason why Zimmerman was suspicious is because he was black...racial profiling.
So, by the definition that you provided, there was NO racial profiling of Trayvon by Zimmerman.

But I will continue to play your game.

Assuming that there was racial profiling, does that justify Trayvon's felonious assault on Zimmerman?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:19 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,765,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Do you have a link to a source that verifies this?
And you claim to know the facts of the case. GZ was not held and was allowed to go home. That's what set up the whole national stink to begin with. He wasn't arrested until the feds stepped in.

Where's the link to the video that shows TM assaulting GZ first? Oh wait we just take his word for it. Right.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
And you claim to know the facts of the case. GZ was not held and was allowed to go home. That's what set up the whole national stink to begin with. He wasn't arrested until the feds stepped in.

Where's the link to the video that shows TM assaulting GZ first? Oh wait we just take his word for it. Right.
The evidence supports GZ's story.

TM had bruised knuckles but no defense wounds with the exception of the single gunshot wound.

GZ had several defense wounds but not a single offensive wound.

The single witness to the actual fight testified that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him "UFC ground and pound style".

The ballistics report has Martin on top of Zimmerman when the shot was fired.

Zimmerman's story matched up with the facts, that is why he was not arrested.

Why can't you seem to understand very basic concepts here?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:31 AM

BTW, the only "profiling" that we know of, which came from Jeantel's testimony, was that Martin thought Zimmerman was a homosexual "cracker" that might want to rape Martin's brother.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
So you admit he could have been racially profiled? About time.
For all we know, Martin could have been planning to knock Zimmerman unconscious and try to rape him. We know that Martin thought Zimmerman was gay, and it appears as though Martin went back to Zimmerman.

If Zimmerman was in the process of being raped, do you believe he should be allowed to defend himself?

If a woman is in the process of being raped, do you believe she should be allowed to defend herself?

If Zimmerman was racially profiling Martin because he answered the 911 operators direct question about race, I think we should consider that Martin was trying to rape Zimmerman because he told Jeantel that he though Zimmerman was gay; and the fact that Martin was hitting Zimmerman's head into the ground, to possibly knock him unconscious, could also collaborate that Martin was a rapist on the prowl. You see how that works?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:47 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but there are a couple of things I would like to comment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yes, he was allowed to go home without so much as a breathalyzer.

I think one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in this case was that they would do a toxicology test on the dead victim of a shooting, but not the shooter.

Zimmerman had a history of alcohol-related incidents with the police, and he was on prescribed medications; it is entirely possible he was under the influence of both that night but we will never know because he was allowed to go home without being tested.

And, my oh my, how that trace amount of weed found in Trayvon's system was used against a dead teenager! It was used to paint him as some drug-induced violent thug when it is possible Zimmerman was the one on mood-altering drugs (one of his prescribed medications - Temazepam - is known to cause anxiety).

Do we know if Zimmerman was under the influence of prescription medications and/or alcohol that night? No, we don't know; but, considering his history, I think it is appalling that he was never tested.

Although I suspect that even if he had been found to have been under the influence that night, it wouldn't make one bit of difference to the Zimmerman defenders.

Quote:
Yup. There were two witnesses to what happened that night - one of them is dead.

It has always been my opinion that we don't know who made the first physical contact that night. It is entirely possible that Zimmerman touched Trayvon first, possibly trying to detain him, and that Trayvon felt he was defending himself.

We only have Zimmerman's word as to who touched who first.
Quote:

Tray Tray was innocent. . . Right up to the moment that he attacked Zimmerman. At that moment, he became the perpetrator of a felonious assault on Zimmerman.

His name was Trayvon.

I find your disrespect for a dead teenager to be very telling.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,175,628 times
Quote:
So, by the definition that you provided, there was NO racial profiling of Trayvon by Zimmerman.

Assuming that there was racial profiling, does that justify Trayvon's felonious assault on Zimmerman?

I figured you would ignorantly take it there so I will post another definition for you that mentions nothing about law enforcement:

ra·cial pro·fil·ing
noun
noun: racial profiling; plural noun: racial profilings
  1. 1.
    the use of race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed an offence.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:51 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
BTW, the only "profiling" that we know of, which came from Jeantel's testimony, was that Martin thought Zimmerman was a homosexual "cracker" that might want to rape Martin's brother.
Please provide proof that Trayvon referred to Zimmerman as a "homosexual cracker;" I remember the "cracker" reference, but I don't remember Trayvon telling his friend he thought Zimmerman was gay.

And the fact that you want to make the leap that Trayvon was going to rape Zimmerman is sick:
Quote:
For all we know, Martin could have been planning to knock Zimmerman unconscious and try to rape him. We know that Martin thought Zimmerman was gay, and it appears as though Martin went back to Zimmerman.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:51 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,175,628 times
Quote:

Did I not say that Trayvonn (the minor) shared some of the blame as well?? But the adult in the situation precipitated the whole incident by racially profiling Martin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events