Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 PM

51,036 posts, read 36,749,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's hardly the point. Guess you missed the little fact that she was found NOT guilty. She was guilty as sin but there's zero responsibility with that bunch of freaks and criminals.

I've been sick of them since JFK.
I was answering someone who said if it was anyone else they'd have gone to jail, so yes, that was the point of my post. No one would have gone to jail for this even if they had been found guilty, with the possible exception of a multiple repeat offender.

How do you know she was guilty as sin? I know people who have gotten lawyers and beat DUI, why the outrage here? Is it supposed to be a big surprise that the rich and powerful get off more than others? Do you think it's only the Kennedy's??? Are you going to be surprised and outraged when Justin Bieber gets off, too? Maybe she does contribute a lot to society (certainly more than Bieber), so if she does, to whose benefit is it to take her license? Is it just "she deserves to be punished because Joe Schmoe would get punished", or do you really think she's a danger to society who needed to be convicted for the good of society?

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-28-2014 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,757,134 times
The only good thing to come out of the Ted Kennedy fiasco was it ruined any chance/thought he ever had to run for president.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
None of us was in that courtroom.
There must be a reason she was voted unanimously not guilty.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:40 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,895,624 times
It isn't like she was found with a needle hanging out of her arm, she had a "trace" of a sleeping pill in her system. Hell, if I was checked a lot of mornings heading to work I would have traces of Nyquil in my system from the night before too.

I think the lady had a lot of class, attributing her success in court to great Lawyers and her saying not everyone would have that opportunity. It also isn't like she killed anyone.

Don

Old 02-28-2014, 07:52 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,638,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No one would have gone to jail for that, especially for a first offense. Famous or not famous, guilty would have been the same as DUI, 3-6 months loss of license and fines.

Not true, we have a judge in this area that MANDATES a min of 30 days for DUI's for 1st offense. He doesn't care if you are a crackhead or a neurosurgeon, get a DUI on his rotation, go to jail for a min of 30. Which is fair, since he could impose the max of a year and be WELL within the law to do so.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 PM

51,036 posts, read 36,749,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Not true, we have a judge in this area that MANDATES a min of 30 days for DUI's for 1st offense. He doesn't care if you are a crackhead or a neurosurgeon, get a DUI on his rotation, go to jail for a min of 30. Which is fair, since he could impose the max of a year and be WELL within the law to do so.
Well that is highly unusual and not the norm in the slightest. Here in NJ, I have several friends who got DUI's through the years and the sentences for guilty plea were identical, 6 months loss of license and fines. The only time it is normal and usual for someone to get jail time for first offense DUI in the vast majority of this country is when someone got hurt or killed. Surely you know your judge there is an exception, not the rule, so why would you expect Kennedy's judge to do something so rare as your judge does when most do not?

I think your judge is an a**hole, btw. I have friends who got DUI for a glass or 2 of wine, .08 is not much especially for a female. IMO to send them to jail for that would've been a travesty of justice and wouldn't have accomplished anything but to add to the coffers of an already over-bloated prison system.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,700,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was answering someone who said if it was anyone else they'd have gone to jail, so yes, that was the point of my post. No one would have gone to jail for this even if they had been found guilty, with the possible exception of a multiple repeat offender.

How do you know she was guilty as sin? I know people who have gotten lawyers and beat DUI, why the outrage here? Is it supposed to be a big surprise that the rich and powerful get off more than others? Do you think it's only the Kennedy's??? Are you going to be surprised and outraged when Justin Bieber gets off, too? Maybe she does contribute a lot to society (certainly more than Bieber), so if she does, to whose benefit is it to take her license? Is it just "she deserves to be punished because Joe Schmoe would get punished", or do you really think she's a danger to society who needed to be convicted for the good of society?
Good grief, what on earth does Beiber have to do with anything?

I know she was guilty as sin because she said she was. She said she took the wrong pill. She needs to accept complete responsibility for her screwup instead of being grateful she got off scott free.

She's nothing but a lunatic Kennedy.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,465,289 times
I liked how Ethel hopped out of the wheel chair as soon as they got the verdict and left the courthouse!!

Old 03-01-2014, 02:59 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,478,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Do you mean Ted???
Hey, lets not cross that bridge til we get to it.....

Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 AM

182 posts, read 195,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Really?

Here in San Diego you don't even get jail time for a 2nd DUI. Jails are too full
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events