Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 07:08 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I suspect that the plane was in control of one of the two crew members as it altered it's course and flew out over the Indian Ocean. They probably killed the other flight deck member before doing so. Then they depressurized the passenger cabin and they all died after their oxygen soon ran out.
Which crew members? The pilots?

I'd be with you if you said a passenger rather hijacked it and perhaps killed the pilot and the other members.

I don't think both pilots would go berserk and try to kill somebody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
So did they all go out like Payne Steward?(the Golfer)
This makes total sense.
It may, but why would they make a sharp left turn (on their way to the north) and crash all the way down at the southern Indian Ocean?

I mean, if you're not in control of something (car, boat, whatever), it will go forward (if not in a straight line) - I don't think it will make sharp turns and go the other way. What happened to the plane and where it went, was deliberate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Which crew members? The pilots?

I'd be with you if you said a passenger rather hijacked it and perhaps killed the pilot and the other members.

I don't think both pilots would go berserk and try to kill somebody.
yes, it was the pilot and co-pilot (not both), we haven't heard the love/hate dynamic that is yet to surface. there has to be a love triangle as part of this. and money. there's money involved I tell you!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
A love triangle?
I luv it...I needed that.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:06 PM

837 posts, read 2,082,610 times
One of the theories on CNN earlier today made somewhat plausible sense.

What if the plane's cabin rapidly lost pressure, which caused sudden loss of air, and the pilots tried to turn the plane around as quick as they could to avoid having the plane crash into land? Perhaps they passed out so quickly that they couldn't send out a signal in time. Meanwhile, the plane's auto-pilot kept the plane going for hours until its supposed crash...

This happened to real-life flight back in 2005 to a Boeing 737 (Helios Airways Flight 522). In this instance, it was engineer error for leaving the pressure warning system set to "Manual" and for the pilots to ignore warning indicators about loss of pressure.

Helios Airways Flight 522 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Helios Airways Flight 522 was a scheduled Helios Airways passenger flight that crashed into a mountain on 14 August 2005 at 12:04 pm EEST, north of Marathon and Varnavas, Greece, whilst flying from Larnaca, Cyprus to Athens, Greece. A lack of oxygen incapacitated the crew, leading to the aircraft's eventual crash after running out of fuel. Rescue teams located the wreckage near the community of Grammatiko, 40 km (25 mi) from Athens.
[...]
The emergency oxygen supply in the passenger cabin of this model of Boeing 737 is provided by chemical generators that provide enough oxygen, through breathing masks, to sustain consciousness for about 12 minutes, normally sufficient for an emergency descent to 10,000 feet (3,000 m), where atmospheric pressure is sufficient to sustain life without supplemental oxygen. Cabin crew have access to portable oxygen sets with considerably longer duration. Emergency oxygen for the flight crew comes from a dedicated tank.
This theory might also explain why the plane descended to 10,000 feet, which allowed it to unintentionally evade radar.

My beef with this theory, however, is that the loss of air must have been extremely sudden for the pilots to not have an opportunity to send out any warnings or emergency hails.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
122 objects spotted in search area in the Indian Ocean, says Hishammuddin - The Malaysian Insider

Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 AM

837 posts, read 2,082,610 times
IMO, this has got to be the plane. It's too unlikely that a cluster of that many pieces of debris belonged to something else in an incredibly remote area of the world.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
I still want to know why the oil rigger said he saw fire that lasted 10 to 15 seconds if he didn't. Some say he couldn't see that far but his report sounded truer than anything I have read so far.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:39 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times
I'll believe it when I see it. Isn't this the 3rd time "debris" has been spotted?

Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 AM

284 posts, read 492,153 times
CNN is really annoying me with endless speculation and spreading rumours based on no factual information at all. This is NOT news- it is scandal!
They have also been exaggerating the qualifications of the expert panelists invited to discuss the various theories: one oceanographer yesterday started his response to a question by explaining he was not an expert in ocean debris as CNN had claimed in introducing him.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 AM

284 posts, read 492,153 times
Sorry, double post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events