Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 03:52 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Or maybe not, but apparently no one's going to investigate.

Such a weird incident! Kind of macabre to think that a planeload of dead passengers kept flying until it just ran out of gas. And the Malaysian gov't's cover-up of the fact that the pilot had shown signs of being suicidal. Obviously, they didn't want to be pinned with a lot of insurance claims and lawsuits. So sad for those families. Horrific for the passengers!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-16-2017 at 04:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 07:55 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,916 times
Too bad for the hundreds of chinese families who lost loved ones. China is too wimpy with Malaysia on this. There's a cover up and you can smell the stink from a mile away. I am traveling across Asia next fall and I specifically avoid anything having to do with Malaysia air.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,322,770 times
I spent 17 years in Malaysia. Believe me, they are naturally incompetent. It takes no effort on their part.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:26 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,538,543 times
I just hope some day that they find the main debris field to find out the truth of why it went down and especially to give the families closure. The not knowing must be hellish for those poor family members.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:42 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I just hope some day that they find the main debris field to find out the truth of why it went down and especially to give the families closure. The not knowing must be hellish for those poor family members.
The terrorist co-pilot crashed it intentionally. They found practice suicide runs on his home computer.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Too bad for the hundreds of chinese families who lost loved ones. China is too wimpy with Malaysia on this. There's a cover up and you can smell the stink from a mile away. I am traveling across Asia next fall and I specifically avoid anything having to do with Malaysia air.
I'm curious to know what you expect Malaysia should do? They can't exactly afford a continuous search without end. No country can sustain that kind of financial expense. But I do agree that some sort of compensation from Malaysian Airlines should be given to the victims' families.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:12 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
I spent 17 years in Malaysia. Believe me, they are naturally incompetent. It takes no effort on their part.
Several airlines from Malaysia and Indonesia are banned in the EU. Not surprisingly.

Malaysian Airlines was recently allowed back into the EU after it hired a European CEO to completely overhaul the nearly bankrupt company.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Several airlines from Malaysia and Indonesia are banned in the EU. Not surprisingly.

Malaysian Airlines was recently allowed back into the EU after it hired a European CEO to completely overhaul the nearly bankrupt company.
Is he still with the airline? I thought I read where he left or was kicked out. For sure, if he does turn the airline around they will fire him and put a Malay in charge. Can't have a non-Malay taking credit for something the non-Malay accomplishes.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The terrorist co-pilot crashed it intentionally. They found practice suicide runs on his home computer.
It was actually the main pilot who had the flight simulator at home with a practice run that went down to the Southern Ocean. Capt. Zaharie's wife left him and he was a supporter of the opposition leader (Anwar Ibrahim) who was jailed on trumped-up charges. I would rather he killed himself alone instead of taking all of the others with him.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:41 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Is he still with the airline? I thought I read where he left or was kicked out. For sure, if he does turn the airline around they will fire him and put a Malay in charge. Can't have a non-Malay taking credit for something the non-Malay accomplishes.
He was with MA for only a year before leaving for a better offer in 2016. Who wants to deal with that mess? But he was replaced by another European.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events