Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 01:15 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times

Advertisements

I also think the media overplayed the fake passports = terrorists angle. I still think they're simply illegal immigrants from Africa or middle east who bought their fake passports from illegal immigration ring in South East Asia, on their way to Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 01:17 PM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times
CNN is reporting as Breaking News: Tickets linked to stolen passports for missing Malaysia flight were purchased by Iranian man, authorities say.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:18 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
Alien abduction is my guess.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:27 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times
I know everyone immediately thinks of terrorist bomb, but there would be a large debris field and oil slick.

I'm beginning to think that the plane went down intact. Either pilot suicide (possible terrorism), or my latest thoughts, massive cabin depressurization.

Cabin depressurization would cause sudden massive hypoxia of all on board, causing quick deaths.If the plane did appear to be turning back on radar, that could mean a very impaired pilot tried to do save the plane. Does anyone recall the crash of golfer Payne Stewart's plane? The plane was supposed to travel from Florida to Texas, yet crashed in South Dakota killing all aboard.

The plane may not be anywhere near where the search is going on. Pretty hard to find a plane in a large Pacific Ocean.

Prayers to all the families who have lost loved ones.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:32 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I know everyone immediately thinks of terrorist bomb, but there would be a large debris field and oil slick.

I'm beginning to think that the plane went down intact. Either pilot suicide (possible terrorism), or my latest thoughts, massive cabin depressurization.

Cabin depressurization would cause sudden massive hypoxia of all on board, causing quick deaths.If the plane did appear to be turning back on radar, that could mean a very impaired pilot tried to do save the plane. Does anyone recall the crash of golfer Stewart Payne's plane? The plane was supposed to travel from Florida to Texas, yet crashed in South Dakota killing all aboard.

The plane may not be anywhere near where the search is going on. Pretty hard to find a plane in a large Pacific Ocean.

Prayers to all the families who have lost loved ones.
Nope, not likely to all of these. If the airline were intact, they would detect signals from it, or had a signal history. A nose dive into the ocean is like hitting concrete and the plane parts would have been everywhere.

The US also have a "detonation" sensor from space, basically if anything blows up, anywhere on the planet, we know about it.

There is something very strange about this case.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is something I don't understand either. I would think it would be damn near impossible for them to have pulled this off. I just don't see how they managed to get visas into China, get past all the airport security, etc.

The only way I can see is if they had someone on the inside ... or forced someone on the inside to help them circumvent the security controls.
They could have forged visas. The visas would only need to fool airport personnel in Malaysia. Since the 2 passengers knew they'd never land in china, the visas wouldn't have to be good enough to fool Chinese immigration officials.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
My husband worked overseas, including in Malaysia and China, for years. About six years ago, he told me that he felt so incredibly unsafe traveling throughout those areas and through those airports and on those airlines (as well as western African airports and airlines) that he needed to change the direction of his career. Sure enough, the very month he made this proclamation, there were several men abducted off an oil platform by Somalians (remember that?). And he had so many horror stories when it came to airlines that I could barely stand to listen to him tell me these things anymore!

Security is so lax in so many airports in those areas, I am surprised there's not more terrorism.

I think the big red flag about terrorism here is that those two tickets purchased by the people using the stolen passports were bought back to back, within seconds of each other. Of course, that doesn't prove terrorism though. The biggest red flag AGAINST the idea of terrorism is that so far, no group has stepped forward claiming responsibility.

What amazes me is that now we are hearing that apparently thousands of people every day travel with stolen passports. WHAT THE HECK? What on earth is INTERPOL for? I can't believe in this day and time, airlines and airports don't have systems in place to check the status of every passport presented. This just really surprises me.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:24 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,712 times
Possibility for the plane to fly below radar after a successful hijacking?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:24 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Nope, not likely to all of these. If the airline were intact, they would detect signals from it, or had a signal history. A nose dive into the ocean is like hitting concrete and the plane parts would have been everywhere.

The US also have a "detonation" sensor from space, basically if anything blows up, anywhere on the planet, we know about it.

There is something very strange about this case.
Possible that they flew too high and went into space?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:40 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977
Apparently some passenger phone is ringing. Not possible if plane crashed, disintegrated or is in the sea.
No not at all and why did flightradar24.com change the flight path??

Busted! Flight Radar Caught Changing Flight Path of Malaysia Flight 370! - YouTube

VERY STRANGE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events