Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 10:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times

Advertisements

Just once, can the police admit they effed up? Nope! No matter who they murder under what circumstances, it's always 'we followed proper protocol, the cops are taking a few paid days off'. The failure of good cops to call out and hold accountable the bad cops is why things get worse. These guys straight up executed a guy, on film! And hey, better let the dog chew on the corpse for good measure.

And wow, as someone who camps in the local mountains here many times each summer, sometimes in the foothills just above the neighborhoods as well, this is alarming to me. Well, I guess those cops sure made those rocks and sagebrush feel safer. Good job guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Just once, can the police admit they effed up? Nope! No matter who they murder under what circumstances, it's always 'we followed proper protocol, the cops are taking a few paid days off'. The failure of good cops to call out and hold accountable the bad cops is why things get worse. These guys straight up executed a guy, on film! And hey, better let the dog chew on the corpse for good measure.

And wow, as someone who camps in the local mountains here many times each summer, sometimes in the foothills just above the neighborhoods as well, this is alarming to me. Well, I guess those cops sure made those rocks and sagebrush feel safer. Good job guys!
Kind of makes you want to hide your campsite a little farther off the beaten path huh? That's my plan for this summer when I go camping.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:14 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
From what was said about this guy, he wasn't exactly a Boy Scout. He cut one guy in the face, threatened others, and had numerous run ins with the law. He was obviously unstable, especially because of the comments about being on a mission for Gerald Ford.

Cops do the jobs none of us are willing to do ourselves. When we have a problem we are the first to dial 911 and then we complain when they have to do things like this to carry out that job. Cops are people first, and simply want to go home at the end of their shift, just like the rest of us, except most of us don't have people who are hellbent on trying to cause us harm all day long. I would not want to be a cop for all the tea in China. We expect them to keep their gloves on and deal with people who don't play by the same rules.........not a great job IMO.

Don

Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
That is murder, plain and simple. It is sick that they can get away with taking someone's life like that, but that is the US we all wanted after 9/11. Fear is powerful stuff.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:16 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
no one here knows the whole story....
No one knows the background of the perp

he was told to get on the ground, it doesn't look like he listened....
When a cop tells you to do something, babe, in this day and age, you'd better listen....

there have been way to many cops shot and killed, or stabbed by perps....

You cannot tell by this video that this was murder....

One more thing

even if this was unjustified, you always see the bad stuff cops do, never, ever do you see all the good that cops do...and there are way more good cops then corrupt police officers.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,113 times
The provided video clip does not definitively point to an unjustified shooting.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
Isn't there usually some type of investigation done after an officer shoots and kills a person? Why the quick release of HELMET CAM footage? Helmet cam?

Sounds hooey. Maybe it was a drill. Maybe this guy really isn't dead. He was an actor. I mean really - those heavily armed protected officers - five? Shoot to kill a guy with a nail file? Too many officers. I think it was some type of practice or drill. Faux.

And then there's the sensationalism in the headlines? It's media junk. Cops gun down a homeless man? And footage is released?

Something is not truthful here.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
Isn't there usually some type of investigation done after an officer shoots and kills a person? Why the quick release of HELMET CAM footage? Helmet cam?

Sounds hooey. Maybe it was a drill. Maybe this guy really isn't dead. He was an actor. I mean really - those heavily armed protected officers - five? Shoot to kill a guy with a nail file? Too many officers. I think it was some type of practice or drill. Faux.

And then there's the sensationalism in the headlines? It's media junk. Cops gun down a homeless man? And footage is released?

Something is not truthful here.
Hi There, Hope your doing well!

On this forum and others, (and I'm not displacing your theroy in any way, you may be right) I see a great disrespect for police officers and it is really upsetting. To be perfectly honest, many people have great difficulty with authority these days. They don't like to be told what to do (by anyone, any time). That is an unfortunate by-product of our permissive society. Also, respect for anyone is becoming a dying art. Many people feel a sense of self importance and entitlement that is not even remotely deserved. Also, there is a severe lack of consequences. Lets face it, you can get away with saying almost anything to the police. Our police administrators, politicians and social advocates have made them fair game. They get criticized for using even the slightest force to detain a person who is resisting violently, including using tazer. It is disturbing, how many people lack respect for police officers...are there corrupt officers, yes, but for the most part, you always see the bad stuff, no one ever reports all the good that officers do, hence, people believe this video and others represent all officers and it doesn't.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
just like those who rape, steal, murder, commit piracy, murder, commit fraud, etc.
Seriously?

How many people on this planet feel "piracy" is in the same line as murder and rape? Seriously?

My mind is blown. You even list murder twice. Posts like this make it difficult to abide by the forums very strict policy on not insulting people. To avoid your post offending others, I'll report it and hope we get a good mod. Maybe we can find a thread about world war 2 and include Jay-walking with the rest of the war crimes.

Last edited by lurtsman; 03-24-2014 at 08:36 AM..

Old 03-24-2014, 08:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erratikmind View Post
the provided video clip does not definitively point to an unjustified shooting.
^^^^^^^^^^this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events