Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:19 AM

437 posts, read 548,583 times

Advertisements

1)I love how any time any jewish person or jewish/hispanic person says or does anything to a black person(still very rare) they all of the sudden become the FACE OF WHITE AMERICA that they love to hate. And you always have racist black people like snoop dogg calling him a "redneck" when he's jewish. Either these black racists are too dumb to know the diff between jewish and the classic type of "Redneck" white person they love to hate...or they know they can't attack Jewish people so they settle on calling him white.

2)And it's also funny how Obama ALWAYS SEEMS to find a way to comment on any of these issues where blacks are the supposed victim no matter how harmless it actually is. I don't remember him making any comments on the KNOCKOUT GAME or any other of the countless black on white random murders/group mob beatings but he always somehow finds a way to comment in all the rare instances where "whites" do something to blacks.

3)And this Sterling guy is obviously not a good person and what he said actually is offensive (as opposed to 99% of the non-stop race baiting espn, cnn, etc. does) but he did let Elgin Baylor, who is widely regarded as one of the worst GM's ever, stay on for TWENTY years and he's had a number of black coaches so his racism obviously didn't affect how he ran the team and he wasn't openly disrespecting anyone with racism as far as we know so no one would care if the girl/wife didn't sell him out.

4)And listening to rap as long as I have I can tell you I can't count on one finger the number of rappers who haven't said at least one extremely hateful thing about white people as a whole and some of the very mainstream ones do it all the time. some of them like snoop dogg have even been in the white house. But they get a pass and America worships them while we excoriate the paula deens, riley coopers, incognitos, etc.

5)any time something like this comes around many black people use it as justification for why they always trash white people, why they say that the kkk is now in suits and ties, why you shoulnt trust white people, why whites are all racist. Even if 99.999% of whites are so scared to death of saying anythng that might even be considered racial the racist black groups will still say that these whites have hate in their heart so they can continue hate white people even tho theres no actual evidence of white racism. That's why everyone goes nuts any chance they can get to make a example out of anyone like sterling the few chances they get.

6)Until the media/black politics finds a way to at least do equal coverage of black on white crime/racism (should be way more than equal coverage because it happens a lot more) I will not be heaering anything they say when it comes to issues like that.

Last edited by travel-a-lot; 04-28-2014 at 02:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,102,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
1)I love how any time any jewish person or jewish/hispanic person says or does anything to a black person(still very rare) they all of the sudden become the FACE OF WHITE AMERICA that they love to hate. And you always have racist black people like snoop dogg calling him a "redneck" when he's jewish. Either these black racists are too dumb to know the diff between jewish and the classic type of "Redneck" white person they love to hate...or they know they can't attack Jewish people so they settle on calling him white.

2)And it's also funny how Obama ALWAYS SEEMS to find a way to comment on any of these issues where blacks are the supposed victim no matter how harmless it actually is. I don't remember him making any comments on the KNOCKOUT GAME or any other of the countless black on white random murders/group mob beatings but he always somehow finds a way to comment in all the rare instances where "whites" do something to blacks.

3)And this Sterling guy is obviously not a good person and what he said actually is offensive (as opposed to 99% of the non-stop race baiting espn, cnn, etc. does) but he did let Elgin Baylor, who is widely regarded as one of the worst GM's ever, stay on for TWENTY years and he's had a number of black coaches so his racism obviously didn't affect how he ran the team and he wasn't openly disrespecting anyone with racism as far as we know so no one would care if the girl/wife didn't sell him out.

4)And listening to rap as long as I have I can tell you I can't count on one finger the number of rappers who haven't said at least one extremely hateful thing about white people as a whole and some of the very mainstream ones do it all the time. some of them like snoop dogg have even been in the white house. But they get a pass and America worships them while we excoriate the paula deens, riley coopers, incognitos, etc.

5)any time something like this comes around many black people use it as justification for why they always trash white people, why they say that the kkk is now in suits and ties, why you shoulnt trust white people, why whites are all racist. Even if 99.999% of whites are so scared to death of saying anythng that might even be considered racial the racist black groups will still say that these whites have hate in their heart so they can continue hate white people even tho theres no actual evidence of white racism. That's why everyone goes nuts any chance they can get to make a example out of anyone like sterling the few chances they get.

6)Until the media/black politics finds a way to at least do equal coverage of black on white crime/racism (should be way more than equal coverage because it happens a lot more) I will not be heaering anything they say when it comes to issues like that.
you seem to be excessively blathering on and on for someone who doesn't care

Old 04-28-2014, 07:48 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,117,510 times
This is nothing new for sports fans. Sterling has been this way for quite some time.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:21 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,542,251 times
I don't like when people act like it seriously hurts them when people call whites Jews or rednecks or something. It's not exactly a race that has gone through a lot of flack over the years, so it isn't even close to comparable to being prejudiced againt blacks. I mean, I think it's dumb to make negative comments in regards to any race, but this is apples and oranges. I think the Sterling flurry is pretty much deserved, regardless of what was said in private. It's not like it's not racist if he said it just because he didn't intend for anyone else to hear it. How can you tell someone to not be out and about with blacks? How is that defendable?

You can say what you want, but you are not protected from the general population's right to give you an earful.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,304,632 times
Yes, you 'could' have cared less.....
by not having started this thread!
Think about it!

Old 04-28-2014, 09:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,655,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I don't like when people act like it seriously hurts them when people call whites Jews or rednecks or something. It's not exactly a race that has gone through a lot of flack over the years, so it isn't even close to comparable to being prejudiced againt blacks. I mean, I think it's dumb to make negative comments in regards to any race, but this is apples and oranges. I think the Sterling flurry is pretty much deserved, regardless of what was said in private. It's not like it's not racist if he said it just because he didn't intend for anyone else to hear it. How can you tell someone to not be out and about with blacks? How is that defendable?

You can say what you want, but you are not protected from the general population's right to give you an earful.
So racism is ok, as long as it's directed at the right people.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:31 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,538,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
This is nothing new for sports fans. Sterling has been this way for quite some time.
When I lived in SoCal from 91-94 it was well known then that he was a racist. I'm a fan of the NBA and I thought this was a well known fact within the NBA universe? Just like Jerry Buss (deceased owner of the Lakers) had a thing for young women (the younger they looked the better) was also well known in NBA circles.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 AM

360 posts, read 812,795 times
Unfortunately for your perspective, OP, the NBA and the fans DO care. That's why Sterling will have to submit a groveling apology, he'll be banned for a set amount of time, he be out of a LOT of money and eventually he'll be forced to sell the team.

If he hates minorities (especially Blacks, which is odd as his girlfriend is part Black) he probably should have kept those thoughts to himself. If he had, he'd possibly get to witness his team win in the playoffs this year.Now, he probably can't even go down to their arena anymore.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you seem to be excessively blathering on and on for someone who doesn't care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Yes, you 'could' have cared less.....
by not having started this thread!
Think about it!
What they said.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,508,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So racism is ok, as long as it's directed at the right people.
Uh, no. Racism is wrong. Period. It's disgusting. Against anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events