Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,180,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
1)I love how any time any jewish person or jewish/hispanic person says or does anything to a black person(still very rare) they all of the sudden become the FACE OF WHITE AMERICA that they love to hate. And you always have racist black people like snoop dogg calling him a "redneck" when he's jewish. Either these black racists are too dumb to know the diff between jewish and the classic type of "Redneck" white person they love to hate...or they know they can't attack Jewish people so they settle on calling him white.

2)And it's also funny how Obama ALWAYS SEEMS to find a way to comment on any of these issues where blacks are the supposed victim no matter how harmless it actually is. I don't remember him making any comments on the KNOCKOUT GAME or any other of the countless black on white random murders/group mob beatings but he always somehow finds a way to comment in all the rare instances where "whites" do something to blacks.

3)And this Sterling guy is obviously not a good person and what he said actually is offensive (as opposed to 99% of the non-stop race baiting espn, cnn, etc. does) but he did let Elgin Baylor, who is widely regarded as one of the worst GM's ever, stay on for TWENTY years and he's had a number of black coaches so his racism obviously didn't affect how he ran the team and he wasn't openly disrespecting anyone with racism as far as we know so no one would care if the girl/wife didn't sell him out.

4)And listening to rap as long as I have I can tell you I can't count on one finger the number of rappers who haven't said at least one extremely hateful thing about white people as a whole and some of the very mainstream ones do it all the time. some of them like snoop dogg have even been in the white house. But they get a pass and America worships them while we excoriate the paula deens, riley coopers, incognitos, etc.

5)any time something like this comes around many black people use it as justification for why they always trash white people, why they say that the kkk is now in suits and ties, why you shoulnt trust white people, why whites are all racist. Even if 99.999% of whites are so scared to death of saying anythng that might even be considered racial the racist black groups will still say that these whites have hate in their heart so they can continue hate white people even tho theres no actual evidence of white racism. That's why everyone goes nuts any chance they can get to make a example out of anyone like sterling the few chances they get.

6)Until the media/black politics finds a way to at least do equal coverage of black on white crime/racism (should be way more than equal coverage because it happens a lot more) I will not be heaering anything they say when it comes to issues like that.

Yet you went out of your way to post an essay on the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you seem to be excessively blathering on and on for someone who doesn't care

Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,421,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Surely, you are not taking the billionaire Donald Sterling as some sort of rube who just fell off the turnip truck. The guy is a skilled litigator surrounded by a team of high dollar lawyers. If there is any sort of "set up," do you really think they would not take action against Magic Johnson's group? Privately taping conversations without someone's knowledge and then using them as a means of personal gain is called blackmail and/or extortion. You go to jail for a long, long time for that. Do you really think a billion dollar investment group is stupid enough to engage in mob-like tactics againts another entity who could (and would) essentially decimate them? I highly doubt it.
Why not?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM

303 posts, read 595,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if a black person said this, it wouldnt be a big deal, he wouldnt be called a racist,
if sterling said the N word once, he would definitely be a racist, but if rap music has the N word in it 20 times and millions of kids listen to it,,,it isnt racist ?????

sterling is a dumb old guy thats losing his marbles,, if he has had a history of racist remarks,,then he is a stupid ,,,racist....

but also lets have a level playing field.... get sterling out of there immediately, and ban the N word from any music on the airwaves, no matter who says it- as in rap music..
What radio stations do you listen to? Every air-wave radio station in this area bleeps the N-word from all songs. If you're using Satellite or Internet Radio like XM or Pandora, that's different.

Now I definitely do believe that the N-word has no place in the English Lexicon. It's a word that should never have been "reclaimed" by blacks in any medium - music, comedy or everyday discourse. You don't see Hispanics using the S-word, or Jewish people using the K-word... why hold on to something that serves no other purpose other than to be disparaging towards your own people?

I refuse to use the term myself, though I have plenty of friends and family that do.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:37 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,674,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Black on white murder/beatings, etc has been on the rise for years and is very common these days but all we hear about is trayvon martin, donald sterling, richie incognito, paula deen, etc. Look up the knockout game. If white people were doing that to blacks at even 2% the rate that blacks are currently doing it to whites everybody would be talking about how it's the lynching days all over again but you barely hear about it cus white people ain s**t and deserve it in most peoples eyes. I'm not saying what Sterling said was defendable but you have Larry Johnson today saying that "it should be a all black league" and no one cares at all or talks about it so why should I care about what donald sterling or any other "white" person says especially when it's in private and he's hired black gm's and coaches all the time.
I hear you. Three of them murdered my white cousin who just happened to be college senior with much to contribute to her family and society. Now, the taxpayers are supporting them and giving them free medical care in the Ohio Pen. I have to wonder why it is so important for some to feel that Sterling's right to free association is such a treat. Just more double standards.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:55 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,181,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Why not?
"If there is any sort of "set up," do you really think they would not take action against Magic Johnson's group? Privately taping conversations without someone's knowledge and then using them as a means of personal gain is called blackmail and/or extortion. You go to jail for a long, long time for that. Do you really think a billion dollar investment group is stupid enough to engage in mob-like tactics againts another entity who could (and would) essentially decimate them?"

Old 04-29-2014, 04:03 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I think Magic Johnson and his investment group are behind it all..
Magic Johnson? I thought it was the Warriors or Lakers who are behind it all

Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
A good setup doesn't lead back to anyone, right?

Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 PM

335 posts, read 1,311,660 times
Just announced on CNN. He is banned for life + 2.5 million fine.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Not high on my list either what someone says .heck look at shaq and the other two;don't care much really the making asses of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events