Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 09:45 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,758,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
It's easy to be outspoken, edgy and "have personality" when you're black and aren't going to face any consequences for being an a-hole.
White people don't have that option.

I don't have a problem with what Barkley says, but ALL should be treated equally ... Black people will never be fully equal until they can learn to take the heat.
Depends on what "heat" you're talking about............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,758,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
Charles Barkley?

If it weren't for sports and it weren't for civil "rights", Charles Barkley wouldn't be qualified to judge where to put the garbage after he sweeps it up.
And if it weren't for the Internet, we wouldn't be exposed to tripe like this post.^^

Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 AM

50,528 posts, read 64,501,118 times
I think Charles Barkley is obese off and on, so what's the big deal?
I just wish everyone would just say what they really think, all the time, and let some people's feelings get hurt, or not.
I am sick and tired of political correctness. I'd rather know someone's honest opinion than a sugar coated version.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,006,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooks-Mahony View Post
I don't mind political correctness to a certain extent --- I just get mad when it's applied differently depending on your race.

For example, Shaquille O'Neal openly mocked Asian people by using "ching chong" gestures when asked about Yao Ming's debut in the NBA in 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3h4jJj1sAQ

Shaq was never given any reprimand or suspension for this racist outburst.

How would blacks feel if Jeremy Lin went on ESPN and squished his nose and made monkey noises when talking about a black player? I bet he'd be banned from the NBA for a whole year or maybe for life.
This along with making fun of the handicapped. TNT really supports some outstanding people...

Old 05-14-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think Charles Barkley is obese off and on, so what's the big deal?
I just wish everyone would just say what they really think, all the time, and let some people's feelings get hurt, or not.
I am sick and tired of political correctness. I'd rather know someone's honest opinion than a sugar coated version.
Do realize the ramifications of this for the white male or female in our society?

Old 05-14-2014, 01:17 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,614,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
It's easy to be outspoken, edgy and "have personality" when you're black and aren't going to face any consequences for being an a-hole.
White people don't have that option.

I don't have a problem with what Barkley says, but ALL should be treated equally ... Black people will never be fully equal until they can learn to take the heat.
This might be the dumbest post I've ever read.

Anyway, fat people aren't a minority. If this trend of competitive sensitivity and victim-hood continues, I think I'm just gonna pack up and leave society.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
This might be the dumbest post I've ever read.

Anyway, fat people aren't a minority. If this trend of competitive sensitivity and victim-hood continues, I think I'm just gonna pack up and leave society.
Why does one have to be a minority to have feelings?

Is there any wonder why bullying is so prevalent?

Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,614,987 times
Tons of insecure white men exposing their feelings of vulnerability and emasculation in here ...

Old 05-14-2014, 01:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,689,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He didn't just point it out (i.e. San Antonio has a problem with obesity). He made insulting jokes about overweight women. Big difference. Watch the video.
If Rush Limbaugh said the same thing you would be cheering.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If Rush Limbaugh said the same thing you would be cheering.
I would?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events