Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 11:29 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,544,842 times

Advertisements

Lolling so hard at Advance Fat Acceptance. This can't be real life? No wonder America is in the state it is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 AM

16,378 posts, read 10,531,650 times
18 pages over this? Good grief. By the way Barkley is a "fat guy" too you know. He made a joke, stop being so sensitive.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:40 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,876,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Lolling so hard at Advance Fat Acceptance. This can't be real life? No wonder America is in the state it is in.

Yes. I had a chuckle at that as well. Must be a Southern thing like fried chicken and waffles. Which is probably served at the group meetings...

Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,737,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Go back to my Fred Sanford clip, THAT is how it should be. "Take this faggety jacket with you" and "there were so many brothers & sisters in traffic court I thought I was at an NAACP rally." What about Don Rickles at the Dean Martin Roasts "God bless you Nipsey [Russell, who was African-American], when you get a chance the hotel has to be cleaned."

THAT is how it should be, I don't care if it's not the 1970s anymore, joking like that is just fine & dandy with me. We think joking is "bullying." What a bunch of crock. Like the one person said, teasing is NOT bullying (neither is joking), the term has become diluted.

Can't take a joke? Like Charles Barkley says, turn off the freaking TV.
Those jokes are OK with you, but they're only going in one direction.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:03 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,993,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
18 pages over this? Good grief. By the way Barkley is a "fat guy" too you know. He made a joke, stop being so sensitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Yes. I had a chuckle at that as well. Must be a Southern thing like fried chicken and waffles. Which is probably served at the group meetings...
More confirmation that fat people are subhuman.

What if a fat celeb (black/white or any race) came back with "tell that ni**er to shut up"?

Old 05-15-2014, 10:24 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,876,995 times
I never said subhuman. We all have fetishes, peccadilloes, and emotional crutches.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:34 PM

16,287 posts, read 32,437,196 times
I don't know why anyone would be happy with being fat. Why should people stop and accept the fact that they are fat? Fat acceptance? You have got to be kidding me. I don't care what anyone says here, no one really believes that it is ok to be overweight.

I don't see a single show called the biggest winner where the person that gains the most weight wins. Weight watchers is not a place where people go to see how much weight that they can gain. We have a problem and it is not accepting that people are fat. We need to accept the fact that people have a problem. We need to accept the fact that people consume too much stuff that starts with F. They get an F grade for that as well,

F ructose

F atty foods

F ried food

F lower as in baked goods

All these foods get an F grade.

F to the milk industry as well. A Doctor told me that cows milk is desighned to fatten up baby cows. We should not drink it. Statistically 3/4 of the population can not even process the milk.

Fat acceptance? We should never ever accept being fat.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:39 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,993,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I don't know why anyone would be happy with being fat. Why should people stop and accept the fact that they are fat? Fat acceptance? You have got to be kidding me. I don't care what anyone says here, no one really believes that it is ok to be overweight.

I don't see a single show called the biggest winner where the person that gains the most weight wins. Weight watchers is not a place where people go to see how much weight that they can gain. We have a problem and it is not accepting that people are fat. We need to accept the fact that people have a problem. We need to accept the fact that people consume too much stuff that starts with F. They get an F grade for that as well,

F ructose

F atty foods

F ried food

F lower as in baked goods

All these foods get an F grade.

F to the milk industry as well. A Doctor told me that cows milk is desighned to fatten up baby cows. We should not drink it. Statistically 3/4 of the population can not even process the milk.

Fat acceptance? We should never ever accept being fat.
But who are you to decide what look or shape we should or should not accept?

Are you one of the parents that feel morally righteous by encouraging your child to pick on the fat kids? Making their life a little more miserable and getting tons of laughs will just motivate them to lose weight, right?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,323,402 times
Does anyone really believe that if Barkley made a statement saying "I apologize to all the fat women in San Antonio" it would make anyone feel better?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,313,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Isn't Charles Barkley married to a white women?
If Charles Barkley owned a team and for years ran the team like a slum lord NBA Owner, then I would be more upset.

I thought this was cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMiNyys4jo
The race of his wife is relevant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events