Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:35 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times

Advertisements

I sure liked life before the Internet and 24 hour news. Sadly, humans will never be the same. The Internet is a great avenue to recruit and spread propaganda. I miss the good ol' days and believe me, they were WAY better than the days of the Internet and smart phones. No comparison. We were dancing and enjoying life, not glued to a screen all the time. What a shame we have gotten hooked on all this crap! Oh well.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Short memory, huh?

Ahhh yes, the democrat party at work! You do realize who started the clan right?

One big thing many of the Islamic apologists seem to forget or miss is there is no other group of murderous fanatics that are WILLING and HAPPY to die for what they believe and want. That's a huge difference as you can't deal,talk or bargain with people such as that. Destruction is the only avenue, send 'em on to their virgins and be done with it.

Even if the percentage of radical muslims is 1% of the total do y'all realize how many people that is that want nothing less than total domination or destruction of anyone who isn't just like them? Hint: Many,many millions.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:39 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,500,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I sure liked life before the Internet and 24 hour news. Sadly, humans will never be the same. The Internet is a great avenue to recruit and spread propaganda. I miss the good ol' days and believe me, they were WAY better than the days of the Internet and smart phones. No comparison. We were dancing and enjoying life, not glued to a screen all the time. What a shame we have gotten hooked on all this crap! Oh well.
FWIW I completely agree with this post, however off-topic it may be...lol. It is a shame indeed.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:53 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
As posted on the dreaded Internet. Too funny.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:06 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
Get off my lawn!
Nazi Germany had no problem spreading propaganda without the internet. Same with every other genocide in human history.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:30 PM

656 posts, read 1,341,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The "other religions are evil to" rebuff is wearing a little thin. The only religion actively terrorizing the entire planet in 2014 is radical islam. The only totally safe Muslim country that I can think of is Dubai and that's because they only let moderates preach in the mosques.
Oh, sure.. remind me what the whole "Kony" and "LRA" thing was about again? Remind me of how many recent/current conflicts are rooted in religious conflict (e.g., Northern Ireland, the Balkans, et. al)?
And if you really want to get into the history of it, let's talk about exactly how our ancestors became Christians. Won't you be surprised to know it's one of many more things Christianity and Islam have in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Did we send F-16, Tomahawks, and laser guided bombs on to KKK meetings? How many army bases did KKK overrun? Did KKK set up a Kaliphate? Did they handcuff 300 policemen then shoot them in the head one by one and pushed into Mississippi river? Did they capture Exxon refineries and sell their oil?
Learn you own history... namely, the Reconstruction era. They're not doing it now because they don't have the means or a favorable (to them) situation to do it now. Nothing more.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:38 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
You do understand don't you Jessx that if you "used to be a Muslim..." you would be marked for death along with other infidels?

We have been killing the wrong people in our war on terror. The ones we should target are the teachers that brainwash young Muslims into believing they will enter Heaven for killing "infidels". Bombing members of ISIS is not going to stop anything as long as NEW recruits are indoctrinated by the ones behind the scenes. Target the Mosques where these radicals gather.
GL2
The reason Muslim extremist organizations are recruiting young men so easily is the high level of unemployment in so many of the Muslim countries. Supporting economic development in the countries that are our allies, at the very least, and providing jobs, or scholarships for education, would do a lot to slow these movements down. Killing large numbers of people isn't always the best solution.... It can cause more problems than it solves.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:50 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,914,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I saw the local OK news report, I googled it and found it. He needs to be executed without a trial. Make up a new law. You behead someone, you are executed without further ado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I agree. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever he needs to continue to live, or why we need to now pay for his housing etc for the rest of his life. It's not fair to us...at all. He is nothing but biological trash, and needs to be disposed of appropriately.
Please read my entire post before reacting.

I'm against capital punishment, but will admit that there are times when someone commits an especially horrific crime when in my gut my emotional reaction is exactly what you see in the quoted posts.

Setting aside views on the general issue of capital punishment, I feel that in the case of the Islamic Jihad brand of terrorism, we may be playing right into the terrorists' hands by executing them. They seek to make martyrs of themselves and blast straight away to the reward they believe will be theirs for killing infidels. That's all about dying for their cause. However, somehow I doubt that rotting away in prison is the martyrdom they seek.

I started thinking about this with the calls to execute Tsarnaev. The same thing applies here. Killing these savages would just get the rest of them riled up, wanting to kill more of us, while at the same time the threat of execution if they're caught is unlikely to deter them, as they seem to actually want to die for the "cause,"

On the other hand, while admittedly you have to wonder how many fanatics will be deterred by any sort of punishment, the more of their compatriots they see rotting away in prison for decades, the more likely it is that at least some of them might think twice about risking that prolonged hell on earth as the consequence of loyalty to their "cause."

Old 09-27-2014, 11:23 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mire View Post
Oh, sure.. remind me what the whole "Kony" and "LRA" thing was about again? Remind me of how many recent/current conflicts are rooted in religious conflict (e.g., Northern Ireland, the Balkans, et. al)?
And if you really want to get into the history of it, let's talk about exactly how our ancestors became Christians. Won't you be surprised to know it's one of many more things Christianity and Islam have in common.
LRA operates in three or four countries in Africa. Radical Islamists are operating globally. Radical Islamic terrorists are currently the greatest threat we are all facing right now. This isn't rocket science. (Sorry to disappoint you, but my ancestors were not all Christians).

Old 09-27-2014, 11:32 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,069,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Recent convert to Islam, argued over stoning women to death, and beheaded former co-workers. Islam, religion of peace.
It is. Most Muslims wouldn't do that. I have a couple Muslim friends, they are good people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events