Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:48 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

DENVER - The Denny's Restaurant on Federal Boulevard confirmed it was charging Race For The Cure participants and spectators $1 for water and $1 to use the restroom.

A manager, who refused to give her name, told 7NEWS they were donating the money - but wouldn't say to whom.

Denny's restaurant on Federal charges runners $1 to use bathrooms during Race for the Cure - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 10:29 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
I don't know why this is in politics?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:43 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
DENVER - The Denny's Restaurant on Federal Boulevard confirmed it was charging Race For The Cure participants and spectators $1 for water and $1 to use the restroom.

A manager, who refused to give her name, told 7NEWS they were donating the money - but wouldn't say to whom.

Denny's restaurant on Federal charges runners $1 to use bathrooms during Race for the Cure - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com
Denny's shouldn't have to accommodate non-paying customers because the RFTC affiliate failed to have sufficient port-a-potties and water. (And I say that as someone who has served in the past on the race committee for my community's RFTC)

Old 09-28-2014, 11:02 PM

29,520 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Denny's shouldn't have to accommodate non-paying customers because the RFTC affiliate failed to have sufficient port-a-potties and water. (And I say that as someone who has served in the past on the race committee for my community's RFTC)
I have to agree with this.

I know the media is trying to spin this into an "evil corporation/business" name and shame angle, but why should a private business have to accommodate for free hundreds, perhaps even more, potential runners, because the race organizers didn't do their job? What about the rights of the restaurant customers?

I do like the comments on the Facebook photo, lots of comments are supporting the decision of the restaurant. Some are even calling out how these 'charities' don't do a good job of allocating what money they get towards research.

https://www.facebook.com/DenverChann...type=1&theater

Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,503,397 times
Does seem a bit tacky but I can definitely understand why they would.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:22 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,839 times
While it does seem tacky, there was a time when we had something called pay toilets.

We have an old coin mechanism from one of these in our house. You had to insert a nickel and turn the handle to unlock the door.

Charging only certain people to use the bathroom and not disclosing where the money is going is definitely wrong though, and certainly bad publicity for that restaurant.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:32 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,738,843 times
This reminds me of something similar to airport bars/lounges that are open and right in front of the departure gates. They will have very limited seating with one TV, people waiting to board the plane will come over to those little bars and just sit down without ordering anything, while the paying customer fights for a seat.

If Denny's is not donating the money then it is bad on them, but in all honesty they shouldn't have to donate that money. They are providing a service to people, and they have a right to charge for their services IMO.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I agree. What if that Denny's was running on very tight numbers? Why can't they charge for water? Is it free to Denny's? Why shouldn't they charge for nonpaying customers to use their bathrooms. I agree, where are the portapotties? Blaming Denny's seems to be BS!

Old 09-29-2014, 10:57 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post
Charging only certain people to use the bathroom and not disclosing where the money is going is definitely wrong though, and certainly bad publicity for that restaurant.
The only reason it is bad publicity is because some sorry azz news reporter twisted it into some hyped up nonsense. Where are the port-a-potties that should be supplied by the organizers? I call BS and just slamming Denny's is a joke! It is a place of business and maybe their business isn't exactly brisk, or whatever. How would you like to be a paying customer and have a line a mile long of people going to the bathroom because Denver didn't take care of business as they should!

Old 09-29-2014, 11:05 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
I wonder if the people who are criticizing Denny's also expect private homeowners along the race route to open their homes for people to use their bathrooms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events