Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:19 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Pistols aren't very accurate when you have them rotated 90 degrees and try to push the bullets out while squeezing the trigger rapidly.
Or when you have one hand on your pants trying to keep them up and the other on the gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Funny how some news reports about this just shows angry black people upset over another black kid getting shot by the police. They don't mention 'gun man', but 'black teen shot by white cop' is more bait click and ad dollars.
Hey at least they can't call him an 'unarmed teen' this time.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:36 AM

235 posts, read 298,917 times
Honestly I'm so tired of this sh*t.

If the people in Ferguson would stop acting like a bunch of untamed animals, all of this could end very easily. Act like a thug, die like a thug. I have no sympathy.

By the way, don't any of them have JOBS to go to? How are they finding all this time to loot stores, destroy property and shoot at cops?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:00 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
I'm surprised more people aren't dead yet which shows the police force has great restraint so far.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:02 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownGirl19 View Post

If the people in Ferguson would stop acting like a bunch of untamed animals, all of this could end very easily. Act like a thug, die like a thug. I have no sympathy.

By the way, don't any of them have JOBS to go to? How are they finding all this time to loot stores, destroy property and shoot at cops?
are you at work now?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
The weather may be cooling, but things are heating up in the St. Louis area.

http://rt.com/usa/194372-stlouis-fat...olved-shooting

This is turning out to be not just a racial issue, but a 'militarized police' issue. Do you think the police are too well-armed, and too trigger-happy?
The kid fired at the cop. Was the cop supposed to just stand there? If the kid did indeed fire at the cop, and I ASSUME that is easily proven, then that is justified. Why are people protesting? Is every death, even completely justifiable ones, now going to be a cause for protest? That's ridiculous.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I understand the kid was a poor shot using an unprofessional firing stance and likely could not have hit anything anyways, would have been better for the officer to shout an admonishment at him and call his mother later

Well, I'm going to wait and see how many of the cop's 17 shots actually hit its target.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Well, I'm going to wait and see how many of the cop's 17 shots actually hit its target.
are you insinuating more practice is needed?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:52 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Quote:
That's another thing that drives me crazy about all this.
Look, I know I don't know the details of the Ferguson thing. That WAS a convulted mess. This one seems REALLY straightforward to me. Shoot at cop > die.

But the one thing I've NEVER understood. I do not get what possesses someone, anyone, to say: "Man! I am so pissed off about this thing that just happened!!! I'm going to go steal a TV!!!!"

Seriously, WTF? And you want us to take what you're saying seriously? And not only looting but looting from LOCAL BUSINESSES!

I want to meet the guy that saw Rodney King get beat and said to himself "Self....let's go get us a TV!!!!"

#annoyed

Old 10-09-2014, 01:03 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
Quote:

Feel better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events