Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 09:22 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,086 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile in the UK...:
BBC News - 'Black Friday' chaos filmed across UK
U.K. Black Friday shopping turns rowdy - CNN.com Video
Black Friday frenzy turns violent as shoppers fight over bargains | Daily Mail Online
Injuries, arrests as 'Black Friday' tradition hits UK - CNN.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lbGZW8_rBo

God the UK is like the 51st state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 09:29 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,627,751 times
Crowds of people storming into stores late at night happens every night in St.Louis, the only difference about this night is some of the folks are actually paying for the items.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Crowds of people storming into stores late at night happens every night in St.Louis, the only difference about this night is some of the folks are actually paying for the items.
Ahaha

Old 11-28-2014, 09:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
the ones i think are nuts are the ones camping out days before it opens so that they can be the first one.

funny thing is - all this is to get you to part with even less of your money - the little you have.

I stay away from all this stuff - its not shopping - its war. when people are actually taking things from each other's carts even!!!

no thank you.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
the ones i think are nuts are the ones camping out days before it opens so that they can be the first one.

funny thing is - all this is to get you to part with even less of your money - the little you have.

I stay away from all this stuff - its not shopping - its war. when people are actually taking things from each other's carts even!!!

no thank you.
Yep I agree... I'd rather spend a little more than lower my civilizedness! God, the things people do for gadgets here in Britain and America, is what people would do for water and food in Africa!

Old 11-28-2014, 10:20 PM

522 posts, read 694,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post
Yes, the annual ritual has happened..

I am typing this just before midnight, when many stores open....

The actually sad thing is, this will not be around much longer, as internet commerce continues to gnaw at retail.....This will soon be a relic of a diff age, like those old 1950's ads of people eating nasty hot dogs...

Here are some crazy pics from years past......feel free to post yours if you have new ones from this year..

This is a calm, normal, opening the doors at bestbuy pic..people look normal enough, but don't be deceived.

Now we get just a little more crazy, still not TOO much..

Okay, now for the crazy as hell pics..

This one is like the Huns beseiging Vienna in 1489....

Oops, there goes gramma and her defibulator....

These people forced open/rushed the gate before it was open.....I would be frightened if I was a cashier...

WTF? Can one put anything larger in their carts, short of a live baby elephant?

This one is my fav......look closely, and you will see the middle-aged woman biting the guys' hand that
evidentally tackled her to get whatever in God's name they are fighting for(a $10 dollar flat-screen?)
And you thought the WWF or the mixed martial art cage matches were rough!

Lastly I leave you with two words of wisdom...

Shop On-line
Who brings their Grandma black Friday shopping?

Old 11-28-2014, 10:27 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,205,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post

This one is my fav......look closely, and you will see the middle-aged woman biting the guys' hand that
evidentally tackled her to get whatever in God's name they are fighting for(a $10 dollar flat-screen?)
And you thought the WWF or the mixed martial art cage matches were rough!

Lastly I leave you with two words of wisdom...

Shop On-line
The dude in the last pic between the woman and the guy she's biting...he looks like Arnold Shcwarzenegger!

Old 11-28-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah, sorry about that.

You guys gave us tabloids and paparazzi, so I guess we can call it even.
Haha

Old 11-28-2014, 11:16 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
The one where they broke the security door and bum rushed the store.. I would have waitied until they all got inside and called the police to arrest them for breaking in...
How utterly STOOOOPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2014, 11:18 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
I NEVER shop Black Friday and then later in December, I have gotten stuff for less.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events