Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 07:44 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,699,244 times

Advertisements

It's unfortunate that schools have to put up with all these family issues. The man should be put in jail for (attempting to) violating the court order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,025,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
www.youtube.com/v/q4T-lT08C2o

A DISGRACE........ A FATHER WANTING TO SEE HIS SON...... WHAT DO THEY THINK IT IS,CHRISTMAS??

VERY SAD.......... If possible the father should take his son OUT OF THAT SCHOOL!!!!!!
Nothing disgraceful about it. He has a restraining order against him and he was attempting to violate it. I don't know why the cops wasted so much time with him. If this had happened in the US, he would have been taken out of there in handcuffs, and possibly tasered in the process.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:24 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Sorry, the father is mentally ill. I hope he has a good physician and can find peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rif_u-uN7bo

Old 12-29-2014, 12:31 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
"Christians Against Mental Slavery" lol

Old 12-30-2014, 04:25 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
We all should be concerned about this buddy!!

Well that may be... Its called ELECTRONIC HARRASSMENT!! (It can be quite scary)

Well technically he did not,THERE IS NO COURT ORDER SAYING HE CANT WATCH EVENTS @ THE SCHOOL remember!! (He was not planning direct contact)
No. He's mentally ill. Classic signs associated with paranoid schizophrenia. I've worked with clients like this. He also has several websites that show delusional thinking. Unless you really believe someone is sending thought control energy beams into his head to make him hear voices?

I don't think you understand what Family Court Orders with NO direct contact means. Clearly there was evidence or reason to believe he was a danger to the child's wellbeing, otherwise a no contact order (other than photos/letters 3 times a year) would not have been put in place. "Technically" doesn't cut it when a child's safety is the issue.

Last edited by Ceist; 12-30-2014 at 05:00 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Um, what?
I'm a divorced father that went through a nasty custody battle so I know how the system can be stacked against the father if you're not careful. But that doesn't mean this dude is in the right ... especially when there's a court decree severely restricting him from access to his son.
I've known plenty of dads who were the main carers. I suppose this might be different where you live.
It can be 'stacked' when the children are very young and need one main stable caregiver (either parent - but often it's the mother for the usual reasons that it's most often the mothers who are the stay-at-home parent when the children are young, although this is changing. 50/50 shared living arrangements just doesn't work well for children's development when they are very young. After about age 7 or so, 50/50 can work okay if there isn't high conflict between the parents and the parents communicate in the best interests of the children. (which often doesn't happen sadly - but ending a relationship is often very messy).

Last edited by Ceist; 12-30-2014 at 05:01 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Yes but it is NOT RESTRICTING HIM FROM PUBLIC EVENTS AT SCHOOL!!!!! (As long as he doesnt make contact with his son)

Thats where we are getting confused here guys!!
No, I'm not confused about it at all. The evidence was in the tape with the policewoman reading from the Orders.

Last edited by Ceist; 12-30-2014 at 05:02 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If the court order stipulates no direct contact, that's what it means. Apparently, he gets photos three times a year and that's that.

An acquaintance was briefly married to a a man with significant mental health problems. As he drifted off into paranoid and psychotic states, he was totally unable to parent but only concerned about his "rights." Finally, a judge said enough and restricted his contact.

Had this father been allowed to attend the school play, he would have undoubtedly disrupted it.

The school and police were correct to remove him. He was there illegally.
Agreed. What can happen is that the mentally ill parent tries to pull the child in on their paranoid delusions and it can be very frightening and confusing for a child.
If someone is being treated, this can be mitigated and they can have a more normal relationship with their kids.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:36 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post

(Sorry, I don't think the OP is comprehending the totality of the situation and is working off paranoid assumptions.)
THAT is a very common thing for Dude111 to do.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Im sorry Johnny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events