Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:56 AM

29,531 posts, read 22,757,012 times

Advertisements

I like him and his movies, but doesn't he sound a bit hypocritical considering the amount of gun usage and carnage in his movies? And what's that got to do with what happened in Paris, certainly a case could be made that lack of guns made things worse.

Liam Neeson on Charlie Hebdo, gun control in US | GulfNews.com

Quote:
“First off, my thoughts and prayers and my heart are with the deceased, and certainly with all of France, yesterday. I’ve got a lot of dear friends in Paris,” the 62-year-old said.

“There’s too many [expletive] guns out there,” he continued. “Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [expletive] disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.’”

Asked whether or not he thinks this issue extends to police responsibility, he said: “Let’s not get into it. Let’s put it this way: I think a light has been shone on the justice system in America, and it’s a justifiable light.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 01:16 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,072,688 times
Well, you know what they say.

"His opinion and twenty bucks will buy me admission to one of his movies."

(assuming $20, going to movies is a thing of the past for me)

Old 01-13-2015, 01:19 AM

3,106 posts, read 4,002,661 times
Violence is the Golden Standard, and firearms are the great equalizer. Every single gun-hating liberal relies on someone with a gun every day to insure their safety. Some of them, like Diane Feinstein even have hard to obtain concealed carry permits in states like California so that they can carry their own.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Yet another hypocrite who has made million$ glamorizing the most violent of gun murders, is against guns.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:00 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,037,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet another hypocrite who has made million$ glamorizing the most violent of gun murders, is against guns.
Go figure huh?

And I can't think of anything that's less important to me than a celebrities opinion, hypocritical or not.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:34 AM

3,106 posts, read 4,002,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Go figure huh?

And I can't think of anything that's less important to me than a celebrities opinion, hypocritical or not.
Well, I enjoyed Chris Kyle's opinion on a few pieces of gear in his novel. RIP.

Other than that, spot on!

Old 01-13-2015, 07:46 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,866,486 times
Liam Neeson is an arse.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 AM

893 posts, read 887,850 times
Yet he would be one of the first to attempt to justify his need for armed security. Anti gun people are generally the most hypocritical and least informed group among our populace.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:20 AM

24,590 posts, read 17,335,653 times
Guns are EVIL..... in the hands of an evil person. I think in most of Neesons movies he plays the good guy who puts and end to the evil with his fists and a gun and sometimes a grenade or 2.
What is he complaining about? America was built by good men with freedom in their hearts and a gun in their hand.
Neesons movies are just ramped up John Wayne cowboy fliks.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:10 AM

16,686 posts, read 8,686,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I like him and his movies, but doesn't he sound a bit hypocritical considering the amount of gun usage and carnage in his movies? And what's that got to do with what happened in Paris, certainly a case could be made that lack of guns made things worse.

Liam Neeson on Charlie Hebdo, gun control in US | GulfNews.com
Most of Hollywood is full of hypocrites. "Do as I say, not as I do" types.
It is easy for them to pontificate about things they know little to nothing about, because of the adulation poured upon them. In reality, most are under-educated, and have very little practical life experiences. How nice it must be to rail against guns, yet have armed bodyguards to keep you safe. I guess they don't realize that average people don't live in fortresses, nor can they afford 24/7/365 personal protection from armed experts.

Another fool to add to my list of movies not to spend my money on, if they are in it.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events