Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:27 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times

Advertisements

(1) The video father tried to address the issue through the school and talking to the bigot, and got nowhere.

(2) The bigot dad started making racist phone calls to the bullied girls' dad. The bigot dad sound drunk in one of the messages. The bigot dad used the N word in the call in a name-calling way.

(3) There had been a kid in the neighborhood that had committed suicide.

(4) It was only then that the bullied girls' dad took further steps by making this video.

(5) The video is unemotional, clear, concise, and factual, and full of evidence.

Video dad did the right thing, without a doubt. Standing by and waiting for these things to work themselves out or for others to work them out is not the way to go. Every day this goes on is a day that bullying is preventing a child from having a normal, happy childhood. It can leave scars and affect a child's mental health and entire future. This is serious business.

BTW, I would also enroll a bullied child in a self-defense course, like karate. It will give the child physical tools to use for protection, should that be needed, AND instill confidence at the same time. It also discourages others from messing with the child, in the first place.

Children are being bullied in ways that have far reaching effects, these days. The bullied children are sometimes killing themselves, the pressure and humiliation and alienation being so unbearable. It's a serious problem that needs immediate and strong handling, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 03:45 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
(1) The video father tried to address the issue through the school and talking to the bigot, and got nowhere.

(2) The bigot dad started making racist phone calls to the bullied girls' dad. The bigot dad sound drunk in one of the messages. The bigot dad used the N word in the call in a name-calling way.

(3) There had been a kid in the neighborhood that had committed suicide.

(4) It was only then that the bullied girls' dad took further steps by making this video.

(5) The video is unemotional, clear, concise, and factual, and full of evidence.

Video dad did the right thing, without a doubt. Standing by and waiting for these things to work themselves out or for others to work them out is not the way to go. Every day this goes on is a day that bullying is preventing a child from having a normal, happy childhood. It can leave scars and affect a child's mental health and entire future. This is serious business.

BTW, I would also enroll a bullied child in a self-defense course, like karate. It will give the child physical tools to use for protection, should that be needed, AND instill confidence at the same time. It also discourages others from messing with the child, in the first place.

Children are being bullied in ways that have far reaching effects, these days. The bullied children are sometimes killing themselves, the pressure and humiliation and alienation being so unbearable. It's a serious problem that needs immediate and strong handling, IMO.
The bullying kids' dad is now in detox.

I also heard on a local radio show yesterday that the 2 boys have been moved out of state for their safety.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:50 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
... did he go to far? I mean kids get bullied all the time, especially if they aren't white. it's kind of an accepted part of life. I'm a mixed race child, and I was bullied at times. I certainly wouldn't have told my parents or had my parents confront anyone (not that they would, they would have told me to sucked it up).
Accepted by WHOM? Seriously? Do you actually think you deserved to be bullied because you are multi-racial? If a child is white and is a minority in her/his school, would that kind of bullying be OK? I have a friend who is mentally disabled and she was bullied all through school. Should her parents have told her that she's different so she's going to have to learn to be disrespected? I'm sorry you were abused as a child but that doesn't make other children's experiences with abusive behavior something to ignore.

I applaud parents who stand up for their children and I question school authorities who don't recognize bullying and deal with it immediately.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:18 PM

5,328 posts, read 6,021,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
The bullying kids' dad is now in detox.

I also heard on a local radio show yesterday that the 2 boys have been moved out of state for their safety.
That "apology" is a piece of work. I loved this in particular:
"The Puro family is not racist, nor do we use the "N" word lightly in our household." Say what?
And the use of the phrase "terroristic threats" was charming as well. No wonder the children and their POS father are screw ups.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:30 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
No wonder those kids were racist bullies when they have an idiot dad, maybe those kids will learn when they get made fun of now that they are famous.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:09 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
Quote:
Father of alleged Prior Lake Snapchat bullies loses job - KMSP-TV

basic a white man and wife adopted an african american girl. The girl is now in 8th grade and was subjected to some "bullying" in the form of some presumably white high school boys calling her the n word and some other not so nice thing.

anyway the father caught wind of it and went to the police and other thing. He talked to the "bullies" dad and the "bullies" dad was like, "whatever, it what I use to do as a kid. we use the n word all the time" and also insulted the father.

the "victims" father made an youtube video about what was happening (he also outed the bullies).

this is the video the dad made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVQX35yYc8

did he go to far? I mean kids get bullied all the time, especially if they aren't white. it's kind of an accepted part of life. I'm a mixed race child, and I was bullied at times. I certainly wouldn't have told my parents or had my parents confront anyone (not that they would, they would have told me to sucked it up).
This is yet another gray area. Kids should know how to deal with some name calling, and standing up for themselves in certain cases. However, this is typically the kind of thing that'll get you fired in the workplace (unless you're in the military, of which I hear some hazing and peer pressure is still part of some rite of passage/initiation), so kids should learn that this is typically NOT acceptable. If folks have a problem with something not related to discrimination, then learn to address them in ways that don't constitute as bullying.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:38 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
I mean kids get bullied all the time, especially if they aren't white. it's kind of an accepted part of life. I'm a mixed race child, and I was bullied at times. I certainly wouldn't have told my parents or had my parents confront anyone (not that they would, they would have told me to sucked it up).
Bull****. I was physically bullied in 8th grade. A group of about 7 girls made it their daily goal to try and wear me down every day, because I was the "new girl", smart, and I had an accent (I had moved from a southern state). I was a pretty tough cookie, and very much my own person, so I simply took it, for the most part. But one day they ganged up on me at my locker, and grabbed my arm and pinched the flesh, hard, in several places. My mom noticed the resulting bruises that night, and immediately she was on the phone with the main girl's mom - who of course completely denied that her precious daughter could have done such a thing. Next day, unbeknownst to me, my parents (after dropping me off at school) paid the principal a visit. Those girls got theirs, and then some. I never had a problem again. They were called out, parents notified, and punished by the school with detentions, and all were forced to apologize to me. It was awesome. There is never a reason to tolerate bullies. EVER. It was one of the most often harped-on things I told my son and his friends - I would not ever tolerate any bullying, by any of them. I demanded they respect each other, and everyone else, at all times.

Suck it up? Right.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:41 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Video dad did the right thing, without a doubt.
Absolutely.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:53 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
What are the racist kids going to do when they get made fun of, I can hear it now...

I got an ice cream and you can't have none cause your dads an alcoholic and you're on welfare!

Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Bull****. I was physically bullied in 8th grade. A group of about 7 girls made it their daily goal to try and wear me down every day, because I was the "new girl", smart, and I had an accent (I had moved from a southern state). I was a pretty tough cookie, and very much my own person, so I simply took it, for the most part. But one day they ganged up on me at my locker, and grabbed my arm and pinched the flesh, hard, in several places. My mom noticed the resulting bruises that night, and immediately she was on the phone with the main girl's mom - who of course completely denied that her precious daughter could have done such a thing. Next day, unbeknownst to me, my parents (after dropping me off at school) paid the principal a visit. Those girls got theirs, and then some. I never had a problem again. They were called out, parents notified, and punished by the school with detentions, and all were forced to apologize to me. It was awesome. There is never a reason to tolerate bullies. EVER. It was one of the most often harped-on things I told my son and his friends - I would not ever tolerate any bullying, by any of them. I demanded they respect each other, and everyone else, at all times.

Suck it up? Right.
there's a difference between physical violence and some person calling you a racial insult/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events