Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:25 PM

78,606 posts, read 60,797,576 times

Advertisements

The problem is that the guy is so stupid he is easily caught....meaning that even if you take lots of precautions...you can still get some rocket surgeon like this braniac whom despite the clear electronic trail still shot them.

Makes you have to question if ANY meet-up, even at a police station would really be safe with some crack head like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
This killer should be shot in the head, twice! I wonder what the price of the car was
or the price their lives were sold for.
I would submit him to scaphism. Or more humanely, bury him alive in a coffin or perhaps pirannha.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,311,726 times
Terrible ending to this story. Robbing them wasn't good enough, he had to kill them and in his mind not leave a witness. What POS. Since this was pre-mediated I hope this kid get's life without the possibility of parole, or even better the death penalty.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:12 PM

22,387 posts, read 29,512,450 times
This breaks my heart. F-ing unbelievable. RIP and I hope that POS dies by bubba in jail

Old 01-27-2015, 07:31 PM

5,135 posts, read 4,495,572 times
This story is so sad. I tear up every time I hear or read about it. Just awful.

May they rest in peace.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,332,450 times
This story is so sad, unfortunately not the first time terrible things happen on Craiglist.
One of my friend's daughter had a friend who was killed a couple of years ago after putting an ad on Craiglist. Early 20s, wanted to sell his truck. He met that dude who supposedly was interested in buying, and was killed.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,735,060 times
I just did a simple search and was frightened by the amount of crimes that were associated with Craigslist

Craigslist killer, Richard Beasley: Why is Craigslist so popular among creepy murderers?

'Craigslist killer' claims to have slain dozens as part of satanic cult: report - NY Daily News

Craig's List Crimes: 35 True Horros Commited via Craig's List | Background Checks.org

Quote:
Jonathan Clements used Craigslist to advertise his need for a new mobile phone. When he set up a meeting with Alexander Lyons, he expected a routine $95 transaction the men agreed upon. Following safe protocols, the meeting was arranged for a public gas station where safety would not be an issue for the men. Lyons pretended to be lost though, and instead was directed to Mr. Clements location, his Aunt’s house. Mr. Lyons was prepared for violence, and soon shot the unsuspecting buyer with a semi-automatic handgun. Mr. Clements died at the hospital a short time later.
Two charged with murder in death of man who answered Craigslist ad - The Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Police said Thomas and Roth communicated with Rene Balbuena, 41, and his 15-year-old son via text message Oct. 19 about buying a $300 Samsung Galaxy cellphone. When Balbuena arrived in the 9200 block of South Gramercy Place about 7:30 p.m. with his son to buy the phone, the father and son were ambushed, Barling said.

Thomas and Roth demanded money from Balbuena, police said, and Thomas jumped into the back seat of the car and pointed a gun at the teenager. Balbuena then got out of the car and was shot by Roth, Barling said. Balbuena's son was hit by gunfire.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,062,555 times
This is a very sad outcome. They did not deserve this! I wonder how many more people who have to be murdered because of Craigslist before all sensible people come to realize that Craigslist is just not a safe venue for even selling/buying the simplest of things.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
This is a very sad outcome. They did not deserve this! I wonder how many more people who have to be murdered because of Craigslist before all sensible people come to realize that Craigslist is just not a safe venue for even selling/buying the simplest of things.
It's not craiglist, they just happen to do more national volume.

There are murders all the time involving classified ads and so forth.

At least now there is an electronic trail to follow.

Back in the day it would be some call from a payphone and then meet at some parking lot....no cameras....blah blah blah.

Today it's MUCH safer IMO.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:15 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,506,559 times
This is why I steer clear of CL. Someone told me I could have sold my old washer/dryer when the new ones came via CL for a few hundred. Sorry not worth having someone show up at my house with a truck, come in and see my home and possibly plot for a later date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events