Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:29 AM

26 posts, read 33,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
If the West would finally completely change how it consumes energy and drugs the region would become completely insignificant and many of the problems would simply go away. On the other hand, I suppose a sudden complete change would throw the region into poverty and probably spark a massive population migration toward Europe.
Every petrochemical engineer worth his salt has predicted 95% of the accessible oil fields in the Middle East will be dried up by 2075 or maybe 2100 at the latest.

So we got at most 85 more years to deal with this Arab disease and then they will cease to serve any purpose to a sane and civilized Western culture.

That is when we start having some REAL fun with our 50-megaton nukes and see what they can do!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 11:29 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxiBoi83 View Post
Every petrochemical engineer worth his salt has predicted 95% of the accessible oil fields in the Middle East will be dried up by 2075 or maybe 2100 at the latest.

So we got at most 85 more years to deal with this Arab disease and then they will cease to serve any purpose to a sane and civilized Western culture.

That is when we start having some REAL fun with our 50-megaton nukes and see what they can do!

I see the future as something akin to "Starship Troopers", with Muslims as "Bugs".

Old 02-04-2015, 01:29 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,774 times
The is the reason why most 'stable' Arab countries have a dictator as their leader. That's the only 'leadership' style they understand and follow. Seriously, US did a HUGE mistake for taking out Saddam Hussain. Now there's nobody left who's strong enough and crazy enough to handle all those crazy Arabs with an iron fist.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:37 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Saddam threatened George's daddy and had to be eliminated. How hard is that to understand. The shrub is every bit as self centered and tribal as any Arab thug. Now that I can understand.

As I said before we need to get out and stay out and then these tribal fools will kill each other for us.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:47 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,988 times
It's in the news every day now in Canada. In fact they arrested a "radicalizer" yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Hello, don't any of you guys know about all the muslim people who were living in Western countries that left them to join ISIS? ISIS Recruiting Westerners: How The 'Islamic State' Goes After Non-Muslims And Recent Converts In The West

Old 02-04-2015, 01:55 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,988 times
In all of the coverage of this I have never seen anything dealing with who actually buys (or bought) oil from ISIS.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Saddam threatened George's daddy and had to be eliminated. How hard is that to understand. The shrub is every bit as self centered and tribal as any Arab thug. Now that I can understand.
I don't really care about why Bush thought Saddam needed to be eliminated. It's was a HUGE mistake on our part. Saddam should have been left alone, but hey, America had to go and 'spread democracy' and liberate those poor souls.

Quote:
As I said before we need to get out and stay out and then these tribal fools will kill each other for us.
Well, at least on this we agree. We should butt out, let them kill each other, and any stupid American who goes there under the guise of humanitarian reason, you're on your own.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
Apparently ISIS has under 20,000 members, not even enough to fill a football stadium and not a properly trained army anyway. They're in Iraq and Syria, meaning to the west they've got the Mediterranean sea, to the east Iran, to the north Turkey and to the south Saudi Arabia. In other words, they're surrounded. It looks like this could be over with in a matter of weeks if the countries surrounding them all advanced on them at the same time and killed anyone with a gun in their hand. Why isn't it happening?
For a group that has "under 20,000 members", and "not a properly trained army"; they not only have driven Syria's military back, but Iraq's US trained and funded military as well. The months worth of airstrikes have had some impact, but they have hardly diminished the threat.

So, that leaves your last statement "if the countries surrounding them..."; yea, might want to look at those countries regarding why they are not going in and "smashing" this threat.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically I do not favor sending our already stretched military. Our military is not what it was when Bush SR to fight Saddam when he invade. For example the we had 180 fighter squadrons. Now 50 and the Air force is about to cut to 40 because of funding to keep them combat ready. It would take years to build back up but I support starting has the world is not a safe place and the so called peace dividend as Clinton called it was a false policy. As its said Saddam didn't believe we would attack and now many know our limits. Huge part of foreign policy is gone and we are much more likely to be miltiarially challended going forward.
How is our military stretched? They have more pressing priorities going on?

Not that I am in favor of US military intervention, but the US military does not have a lot of things going on right now. Sending some troops to Poland is not what I call a priority over the ISIS trying to establish a Taliban style state in which in can stage global operations from. However, the ever lingering Cold War establishment in the DOD loves anything to do with WW2 style engagements over what would need to be done to the ISIS.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
When Russia, Japan, China, Israel and everyone decides to declare war on ISIS, only then would I want to see the USA join the fight. It will take a combined world effort to stop them.
Russia tried, all they got was accusations of supporting "the brutal dictator" Assad, and accusations of being "anti-democratic" when Russia warned the US that these "Arab Springs" would lead to instability in Syria and other parts of the MENA.

Japan does not have the means, even legally, of doing anything other than sending some non-lethal assistance units.

China does all it can to fly under the radar in global affairs, they never take a strong side on anything, they are the most neutral, non-neutral country. But we know what they think, they are just trying to achieve their objectives without attracting attention.

Israel does not have the means, nor would the Arab states ever support this. Israel launching an attack against the ISIS would trigger a very harsh reaction from the Arab states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events