Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:25 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,924,464 times

Advertisements

As despicable as his act was, let's sit back for a minute. How many of you have voiced your outrage at acid attacks on women? This isn't different, except that he committed an offense first (but then, so did a few of those women). In all cases, it's important to criticize vigilantism and cruel and unusual methods of punishment. It is not our place to judge which acts deserve an acid attack and which do. None deserve it.

Losing function of your penis (which is far worse than castration, because sexual urges remain) is a life sentence for the guy. The damage HE inflicted on her is not lifelong. Argue me with all you like but you damn well know I'm right. There is a double standard in society regarding female-on-male assault and it seriously needs to disappear. It does not belong in the 21st century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
To all the "karma" folks...reverse the genders. She releases a video without telling him so he floods her vag with acid.
Precisely.

A lot of sickos on this thread with their nasty double standards. Feminism still has a long, LONG way to go to achieve its stated goal of gender equality. A true feminist, whether male or female, would not exhibit this double standard.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
?? Did I say what she did was "OK"? No, I did not. I said that That's what the expression means.
Oh, so if you hurt, shame or scorn a man, it's not as much of a big deal? What would be your reaction if I made a veiled threat like you just did?

Here you go, in case comprehension is not your strong point:

"if you scorn or shame or otherwise harm a man, you should be fully aware that the consequences may be severe. "

There, how does that sound?

You don't speak on behalf of all women. My wife would be the first one to say that this girl belongs in prison, and that you are an apologist for abusers. Shame on you. You have no empathy for victims of sexual assault - you're truly a psychopath.

I hope no man (or woman) ever makes the mistake of dating an abuser-apologist like you. It's because of sickos like you that we need feminism - true feminism.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Eh, having a damaged penis didn't affect John Bobbit's acting career ! Was it right for her to do it? No, but there is a certain degree of justice here. Guys (and girls) who make public something that should be very private kinda deserve what they get.

There was just this other case where some chick did a selfie of her in bed with some NFL player and she posted it on line. Now she says she was drunk, etc, etc. Very tasteless regardless of if a male or female does the posting.

Don

Old 02-05-2015, 05:34 AM

997 posts, read 1,060,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Of the billion nude photos/videos on the internet, you think her pervy children that she might have someday are going to find one poorly shot, poorly lit, shot-on-an-open-laptop-ferchrissakes video from 15 or so years ago?
Yes, and quite easily so. And if not her children, perhaps friends of her children. "Hey Look Bob, I found your mom online!"

Her name is now attached to this story. The internet is permanent no matter how many people try to have their google results removed.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:40 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
16 in South Africa
It's always relative to the age of the guy, too. For instance even in the US, a state that has 16 as age of consent usually limits how much older the guy can be. For instance 16 year old girl with 18 year old guy may be considered consensual, but 16 year old girl with 30 year old guy would still be statutory rape in that state.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
As despicable as his act was, let's sit back for a minute. How many of you have voiced your outrage at acid attacks on women? This isn't different, except that he committed an offense first (but then, so did a few of those women). In all cases, it's important to criticize vigilantism and cruel and unusual methods of punishment. It is not our place to judge which acts deserve an acid attack and which do. None deserve it.

Losing function of your penis (which is far worse than castration, because sexual urges remain) is a life sentence for the guy. The damage HE inflicted on her is not lifelong. Argue me with all you like but you damn well know I'm right. There is a double standard in society regarding female-on-male assault and it seriously needs to disappear. It does not belong in the 21st century.
I agree with this, except I do think he likely ruined her life for good. To people nowadays, the Internet is the first place they look to learn about people. And technology is constantly developing to eliminate privacy at all costs. Nothing on the Internet goes away.

That said, she undoubtedly did more damage to her future reputation by committing an acid attack.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:53 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Acid on his schwang.......He must have one sizzling schwang

Old 02-05-2015, 08:24 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I'm not sure what to think. I was trying to think through this and find an analogy. The closest I could think of (and it isn't the same) is possibly a person murdering a child and the parent being so outraged he/she kills the original murderer. Although what the parent wouldn't have done the proper thing, most people are going to be understanding.

In this case, the girl must have really loved this guy and he betrayed her. He hurt her first and then she was so outraged, she hurt him back harder. I'm not sure prosecuting this case would be worth it except for the lawyers getting richer. She's not likely to be a repeat offender. Both parties are guilty. The guy cannot be made whole again.

The lesson I would tell my kids is keep it in your pants and it will keep you out of trouble.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:28 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post

Yes, this is a terrible thing that she did. She deserves to be punished severely. He did an awful thing, but two wrongs do not make a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events