Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 12:19 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times

Advertisements

I'm ok with sexual predators and rapist getting their balls removed. A person's life can still be ruined even if he physically didn't hurt her. What if it happened to your daughter?

And what does your example have anything to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 12:57 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,925,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I'm ok with sexual predators and rapist getting their balls removed. A person's life can still be ruined even if he physically didn't hurt her. What if it happened to your daughter?

First, not all sexual predators are male. You seem to imply that they are all male ("balls removed"). Last time I checked, female predators don't have balls. What part of their body would you suggest removing?

Second, answer his/her question. If the genders were reversed, would you support a similar retaliatory tactic? Just answer the question to the point instead of hemming and hawing. C'mon, we're waiting to hear your answer.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:34 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times
Quote:
I'm ok with sexual predators and rapist getting their balls removed. A person's life can still be ruined even if he physically didn't hurt her.
I'm certainly open to the idea of a convicted sexual offender who can't been rehabilitated via behavioral therapy being subject to chemical castration.

I'm not open to the idea of an angry individual permanently maiming someone for allegedly publicly shaming them. It most likely was the guy who put the video up online, but what if it was a friend who found it and did it for the lulz? I remember in college, a couple friends went onto one of our other friends' computer after he left it open and posted a video he had made of him and his gf having sex. It caused a massive rift in his relationship with his girlfriend, humiliated him quite badly, and it was generally an awful thing. What if she had gone and thrown acid on him for that, and he was f'ed up for the rest of his life because two of our friends decided to have a Beavis and Butt-Head moment?

Quote:
What if it happened to your daughter?
I'd be pissed, for sure, but even if the guy did something repugnant that betrayed her trust like this, she had consensual sex with the guy - he didn't rape her, he didn't beat her, he didn't maim her. If he laid a hand on her, I'd beat the hell out of him. If something like this happened, I'd either encourage her to take him to court for defamation, or I'd get back at him by obliterating his reputation socially - an equal, measured response. I wouldn't go dump acid on his junk - that is just plain psychotic.

Quote:
Because you are evidently stating that you find it okay for an individual who believes that someone has wronged them to take the law into their own hand and permanently disfigure them, I am curious as to whether you find it acceptable when an angry man who believes (or, for that matter, knows) that his wife cheated on him throws acid on her and causes her indefinite pain and disfigurement. Do you find this acceptable?

Old 02-06-2015, 04:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Acid on the face, a hand, a penis...wrong, criminal.

Pour it on his CAR!!! And all four tires!! Anonymously...that's how it's done!
Or his guitar and laptop and TV and CDs...then run!

Old 02-06-2015, 05:13 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,857,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Acid on the face, a hand, a penis...wrong, criminal.

Pour it on his CAR!!! And all four tires!! Anonymously...that's how it's done!
Or his guitar and laptop and TV and CDs...then run!
Exactly.

All this stuff sucks, but can be repaired or replaced, like your sense of shame over being publicly humiliated. How many days, weeks, or months until you get over yoyr ex's douchery and move on? The dude is never getting his dick back, no matter how much he changes, regrets, or atones fornhis actions... if you really think this is an appropriate or acceptable response to what he did, then you are a pretty twisted person, plain and simple.

I've been cheated on, lied to, humiliated, and betrayed by women I've trusted in the past; it never dawned on me to do something that would destroy them for the rest of 5yeir lives, nor would I ever want that to happen.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:00 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,387,150 times
Quote:
For those of you who feels bad for him. Im guessing you also think that he posted the video was not that bad and you probably would do the same thing.
No, I think he should have been punished. Two wrongs do not make a right.

BTW I am a female and a feminist, but mutilating another person is just wrong.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,932,486 times
Well... it's always advised that when you feel a burning sensation from your pee-pee, you should see a doctor.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:33 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
If I was him, my only reason to exist from now on would be to torture and murder her in the most sadistic way imaginable. It blows my mind that there are so many people here that seem to think what she did was somehow proportionate to what he did.
You are probably correct but I have a hard time feeling sorry for him.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
This woman needs to be thrown in jail for attempted murder. Anyone who defends her actions are out of their minds.
I thought more Assault...it isn't even Attempted Manslaughter.
It is similar to chopping off a hand, isn't it...mutilation?
What would it be called legally?

Old 02-06-2015, 08:49 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
Let's be real here. She's never getting a respectable job in her life. The minute that video hit the web, she was ruined. Who is going to hire her? Even Mcdonald's has higher standards. He ruined her, she took revenge. meh, trash acting like trash. what's new?

I really don't see why most women need to get involved with any guy. Most are scum like this one.
Flip that around and I can make a case for that as well.

Just as many women do men wrong so don't go there. You all can be just as bad in many ways.

I have the life experience to say that I experienced it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events