Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He says he is taking a "break". LOL

No more lies please.

This post literally has me screaming in my apartment right now lol Like you said this is just STEP 1 of the removal process for him at NBC News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 11:10 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,306,116 times
Williams destroyed his credibility and his career with outlandish false hoods and bald faced lies. Good day to you sir. Go away and stay away.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:13 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
He will do what they all do...............go to Christian rehab have Al Sharpton praying by his side...........sorry that is for drug abusing cheater...........what does a lying newsman do.......spin so more yarns.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:04 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,309,203 times
he saw his daughter get her salad tossed on that HBO show and cracked

Old 02-08-2015, 01:05 AM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I am aware there is a Brian Williams thread. I read several pages of posts. Given Williams '
decision and email to NBC employees today, this seems different enough to post separately. Additionally, NBC is investigating independently.

Brain Williams won't be at the Anchor's desk for the "next, several days." Lester Holt will cover.

I have no idea how NBC will investigate independently. Please post if you can add to how that might be done.

Is this the beginning of the end for Brian Williams Anchoring and Reporting News? Will people question everything he says, given the "mis-remembered" info on Katrina as well?

Here is the link: Brian Williams Leaving NBC News Anchor Desk

MSR
They need time to spin this in the least damaging way, so don't believe for a minute a real investigation and it's full results will be revealed to the public.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The man is a liar. He fabricated those stories for personal gain and credibility, deceiving the American public all these years. This should be the end of him. I believe this announcement is a preliminary step for NBC to rid themselves of him permanently.
If Geraldo Rivera had a career after the Al Capone vault crap, why shouldn't Williams. Reporters do have facts messed up sometimes. I mean the media played the whole does vaccines cause autism debate for several years, long enough to turn Disneyland into a ghost town because they had patient zero for the current outbreak. The lie is wrong, no question but we don't go after many reporters when they post lies the way Williams is. To me, it's the same as Syracuse bowing out of the post-season tournaments this season.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:57 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
.... Of course the degree of lying they tolerate is open to question but they could manage the appearance of some conscience.
NBC doesn't mind liars. Their news is all about lies of omission and occasionally outright lies to support the corporate and liberal political class of the USA. And they knew about Williams for years. What they can't tolerate are liars that get caught by the pubic. This is what has happened to the liar in chief, Brian Williams.

People expecting real & relevant news need to look somewhere else than NBC and their byproducts MSNBC & CNBC.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:52 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
The posts on twitter, Facebook, etc are the death knell of his career. There are 'photos' of him standing next to Lincoln and Grant in a Civil War photo, at the Last Supper, etc. when you become this much of a laughing stock, and are NOT a politician, but a reporter, then his career is over.

As to Geraldo, he is a 'contributor' on Fox, not a primary reporter or commentator. He fills a demographic slot.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
The posts on twitter, Facebook, etc are the death knell of his career. There are 'photos' of him standing next to Lincoln and Grant in a Civil War photo, at the Last Supper, etc. when you become this much of a laughing stock, and are NOT a politician, but a reporter, then his career is over.

As to Geraldo, he is a 'contributor' on Fox, not a primary reporter or commentator. He fills a demographic slot.
It's very sad that a demographic slot for Geraldo even exists.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:15 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
They need time to spin this in the least damaging way, so don't believe for a minute a real investigation and it's full results will be revealed to the public.
Exactly.

Now, what did I post on the other thread about this? *Sigh*

Look, the guy's a liar with a capital L. The instances dug up prove it. He even adds to his lies as interviewers follow up, in awe, as he relates his concocted experience. David Letterman: So did they hit your helicopter?! (Williams: Yes...) Alec Baldwin: You must have feared for your life (Williams: I did).

And for this he gives himself a vacation? What a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events