Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:26 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times

Advertisements

They can put him on Liar Sharpton's show on MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:33 AM

122 posts, read 224,915 times
I'm surprised that any of the NBC viewers are surprised that Brian Williams is a blatant liar (even by his own admission).

Half truths, half the time has carried this network for the last 30 years! This isn't the first rodeo when it comes to a major news outlet having one of their prime time anchors bend the truth to fill the intellectual void of the liberal mindset.

NBC doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing and dismiss him immediately! Instead, they will drag this out and hope that it slowly loses momentum and disappears from the radar screen.

If this would have happened at Fox, the Prime Time Anchor would have been fired instantly with an internal investigation being performed to discover what other foibles might be hidden from the sunlight. NBC said they are not doing an internal investigation.

Where is the outrage? I keep reading where he had a "memory lapse" and used "poor judgement". BS!!!

I hope I live long enough to hear the "unfiltered" version of the truth from a major network before I die.

I'm tired of listening to a lie, when the truth sounds better!

Old 02-08-2015, 10:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Accepting that kudo on Letterman was pretty bad stuff!!! LOL!

The guy needs therapy, imo...what kind of person does this, crazy thinking ...THEN, actually
thinks they will get away with it...needs help...badly... spiritual guidance...

I don't hate him, I'm not mad at him...he needs therapy to stop thinking
he can skirt these things...he is getting a dose of humble pie...
that should help his soul wake up a bit!

Ah, the life of the big ego is eventually... a very bumpy one.

We all have gotten our slap downs....that's how we learn.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:06 AM

887 posts, read 1,214,424 times
I'm sure NBC will find another useful pretty boy prog to take his place. Maybe if Fox jettisons "all about me" Geraldo finally.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTONSC View Post
I'm surprised that any of the NBC viewers are surprised that Brian Williams is a blatant liar (even by his own admission).

Half truths, half the time has carried this network for the last 30 years! This isn't the first rodeo when it comes to a major news outlet having one of their prime time anchors bend the truth to fill the intellectual void of the liberal mindset.

NBC doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing and dismiss him immediately! Instead, they will drag this out and hope that it slowly loses momentum and disappears from the radar screen.

If this would have happened at Fox, the Prime Time Anchor would have been fired instantly with an internal investigation being performed to discover what other foibles might be hidden from the sunlight. NBC said they are not doing an internal investigation.

Where is the outrage? I keep reading where he had a "memory lapse" and used "poor judgement". BS!!!

I hope I live long enough to hear the "unfiltered" version of the truth from a major network before I die.

He is fine not as a reporter but as an anchor. You can't lie too much as an anchor because unless you are doing a RT, CNN, FNC, MSNBC, Young Turks, etc. political show and not a nightly news show, you aren't really able to show bias too much. A reporter, you can on the specific story but anchor kicks it from story A to story B or location A of story C to location B of story C. He lied, let him face the consequences that he or NBC gave him, let the fires fade and let him go. It wasn't any yellow journalism gone factual like the sinking of the Maine or the Gulf of Tonkin attack.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:56 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Dude is pretty far out there...he had concocted an entire story in his head, replete with very vivid details...and the entire time he was recounting his story he knew he was lying his ass off ...lol...just cant make this stuff up...or can you?

Old 02-08-2015, 12:09 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If Geraldo Rivera had a career after the Al Capone vault crap, why shouldn't Williams.

Huh?
Geraldo didn't make up a story.
He opened the box...the box was empty.
Embarrassing, but not equivalent.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Huh?
Geraldo didn't make up a story.
He opened the box...the box was empty.
Embarrassing, but not equivalent.
A TRUE journalist would have looked into it before making a claim of a great discovery.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:55 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
There is only one thing that counts here and that is ratings. Brian Williams has driven NBC News to the top of the ratings heap. NBC will be slow to get rid of him as they will assess whether he can continue to bring in ratings. If he can, he stays, if not he will go the way of Connie Chung and Katie Couric. It is not rocket science, nor is it even being truthful to the viewers; it is just all about bringing in as much money as possible with high ratings.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:57 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTONSC View Post

LOL! That's a good one.

I especially like the part where you actually think that Fox News would fire an anchor for lying.

Fox news has been spreading lies for so long now, people just accept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events