Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 05:06 PM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
welll some more -

apparently husband says "We know this boy"

Road rage suspect knew victim, husband says - CNN.com
The plot thickens. Or the game's afoot. Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 05:53 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
welll some more -

apparently husband says "We know this boy"

Road rage suspect knew victim, husband says - CNN.com
awk-ward!

Old 02-19-2015, 06:07 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
awk-ward!
Not really. It will likely turn out that the police asked them not to reveal the guy's name.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:14 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Not really. It will likely turn out that the police asked them not to reveal the guy's name.
Looks like that way. Still I don't understand why they didn't ask for police if situation was so bad? I mean husband says they didn't realize he and his friends were so bad OTOH Mrs and son though it was a good idea to park car somewhere else just to confuse them (which means situation was pretty bad). On the top of that suspects knew where victim lived so why move car then?

Old 02-19-2015, 06:25 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Oh come on, OF COURSE they knew who he was! He apparently lived a block or two away. I thought it was weird that they would go out and drive around Vegas aimlessly looking for a specific car. Now I'm thinking that they went to his place, words were exchanged (maybe Sonny Boy flashed his piece) and this punk just returned the favor, now showing up at their house, only instead of just flashing a piece, he shoots it. I'm glad they caught this punk, but the Meyers family is FAR from innocent. Truth be told, they sound like a white trash family . Honestly, this sounds like the sort of gangland shooting that's always happening around Chicago- idiots just need a stupid, minor reason to escalate already rising tensions.

I'm kind of disgusted that LVPD is sticking up for a woman who basically took the law into her own hands and paid the ultimate price. Would have been better if they had insisted that people call the police instead of seeking revenge.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:33 PM

19,211 posts, read 16,696,914 times
A lot of you guys called it. You figured they probably knew each other. What a mess this is, though. A life lost over stupidity, on everyone's part.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Saw the husband on the national news, I didn't find him to be sincere in his grief. I know people all act differently, but he was doing the crying with no tears coming out scenario.

He was out of town when this happened. Wondering if more will come out on this.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:44 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Saw the husband on the national news, I didn't find him to be sincere in his grief. I know people all act differently, but he was doing the crying with no tears coming out scenario.

He strikes me as your typical wannabe tough guy. His wife apparently had a similar attitude and it got her killed. And at least one son is the same way.

As soon as they got back to the house, they should have turned out the lights, gotten everyone into one room (with the gun!), preferably on a second floor or with limited windows and called the cops. This was not the middle of nowhere - the cops would have shown up pretty quick.

Or you put everyone in the car and you gun it out of the neighborhood and go directly to a police station.

One could say that's 20-20 hindsight, but it's really just common sense.

And I don't buy this "moving the car" explanation - the occupants of the other car knew who they were, so the Meyers weren't going to be letting them know where they lived. In fact, they endangered the daughter by leaving her alone in the house. Now that we know they knew their "attacker" the mother's actions become that much more mindboggling. Someone you know has just threatened you, and you feel unsafe enough to bring a gun into the situation and you leave your FIFTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER alone in the house at 11:30 at night?

I think there's going to be A LOT more to be revealed in this story.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:11 PM

19,211 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

I saw that, too. He really provided a lot more to this than I knew before. Apparently, his wife had several interactions with him. The husband said she gave him money, counseled him and tried to (sort of) parent him.

The story just gets more bizarre every day.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:28 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,581 times
What a bunch of Vegas wackos... Surprised one didn't end up in my back seat.

Maybe they were out in the sun too long and made them psycho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events