Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,222,788 times

Advertisements

why can't we get the coppers to spend a little more time watching cop shows on TV like some of the other experts posting here so that they can get this case solved quicker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 08:07 AM

37,808 posts, read 46,333,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The father says he couldn't reveal that he knew the suspect before now, but, at least according to abc news, the police say they also were unaware the family knew the kid until the arrest. If that is so then the family were protecting the identity of the killer. That would be illegal, no? Hindering a murder investigation?

It doesn't make sense the police would not get the guy right away if he had been immediately identified to them as the shooter.

Possibly the key to a lot of this is Erich's mother. It appears she is the one who called the police to get him. Her son may have confessed to her and told her what really happened. I wonder how aware she was of Tammy Meyers' "mentor" relationship with her teenage son.
I don't believe that the family knew who he was, and did not tell the police. If she knew him (and clearly she did), you better believe that the son knew that as well, and told the father, way before the kid was arrested. I can certainly see the police not wanting that information out though, before they found him.

This is from one of the latest news articles:
"Meyers knew Nowsch, which is how she identified the road-rage suspect, Robert Meyers told reporters later Tuesday afternoon."

Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,910,440 times
Another shirtless thug.

Something tells me this kid sat around the house, perched on the computer or playing video games. Gone are the days where kids were expected to mow the lawn, shovel snow, rake leaves, or help with housework. We're seeing a passel of soft kids who don't know what hard work is, with no parental supervision, and way too much time on their hands.

And I bet there's no father in that house, either.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,459,192 times
Here's my question with all these threads sorting themselves out. Why on earth would they leave the 15-year-old daughter home alone when they KNEW who the guy was (and he knew where they lived) and were ostensibly in fear for their lives?

Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,732,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I watch a lot of the true crime shows. It's interesting how often the police will comment about the husband's (who is always the first suspect) reaction to learning of his wife's death or his actions on the 911 call. What is the "correct" response?
I don't know what the "correct response" is, but I have a pretty good BS detector when it comes to situations like this.

And when someone is "crying" but no water is visible, that's a good sign of acting.

I remember the "performance" the CEO of Cantor Fitzgerald put on after 9/11. I even said to someone this is guy is faking, he isn't crying, there are no tears. A week later he cut off all benefits/pay to the families . He was shamed through the media into reinstating them. So much for his angst over the dead employees.

As another poster said the husband's "performance" was somewhat theatrical and again, crying but no tears.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:43 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,732,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Hubby says his wife and the skinny kid usually met in "the park" (near their houses). Going by their FB pages none of these people look like nature-lovers, frisbee-throwers, or dog-walkers.
Have to wonder if "counseled" him is a euphemism for "bought drugs from" him.
Which begs the question of what really went down that night. The son and mother knew who they were going after, and the son initially chose to withhold this information from police. The question is "why?", and a drug deal gone awry is as good an explanation as any.

Reading his FB posts, it's clear gun-toting son is a self-confessed hothead to say the least, and although there was no road rage in this incident, he posted awhile earlier about his own rage when a pedestrian cut in front of a car he was riding in. He said that if his gf (driver) hadn't peeled out of there, he would have ****** up the pedestrian. In other posts he alludes to his anger problems, sometimes expressing regret, sometimes bragging.
NOT a person I'd choose to take with me unless I seriously planned to inflict some shock and damage.

It's entirely possible the Meyers called the kid and asked him to come to their house and could have fired first. The LVPD is surely checking cell records.

edit: I see other posters here beat me to it. Also it's possible the Mom was the dealer and the kid the customer.

Son must be a real rocket scientist. Of course he is part of the trend today that has to post all their business online.

If he had any smarts he would stay off FB for the time being.

If charges are brought against him, his "sharing" on FB and his previous incident will come back to bite him.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:06 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,771,327 times
Sorry if this has already been brought up...I made it through the first 18 pages of the thread and didn't see it.

My husband and I believe that it will come out that the daughter and the guy who got arrested were involved with each other. The family has now said they knew him and had contact with him over the last few years. I believe the mother found out that the daughter was seeing this boy and went home to get the son (and his gun) and go defend her daughter's honor (or scare the creep away from her). How the gun fight evolved from there, I can't guess at yet. I do believe that the daughter will be the one to crack and spill all the sordid details...this is not the innocent shooting of a woman by a homicidal thug (imho).

Old 02-20-2015, 10:41 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,393,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't believe that the family knew who he was, and did not tell the police. If she knew him (and clearly she did), you better believe that the son knew that as well, and told the father, way before the kid was arrested. I can certainly see the police not wanting that information out though, before they found him.

This is from one of the latest news articles:
"Meyers knew Nowsch, which is how she identified the road-rage suspect, Robert Meyers told reporters later Tuesday afternoon."
Las Vegas homicide Cpt. Chris Tomaino said in a press conference after the arrest that the police did not know until Thursday that the family knew Eric Nowsch. The video is on youtube. There was a lot of information he would not release right now but he did say that.

It will work itself out, either way it's not good for either party.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:11 AM

11,180 posts, read 10,580,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
Talk about a freaky picture of the suspect. Check out the demon/skull head in the smoke.
That's not the suspect, i.e. the kid they arrested.
It's the hothead son.

edit: I could be wrong about that, the son has fb photos that look very much like this and it's hard to tell from the angle.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:34 AM

9,832 posts, read 11,630,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Here's my question with all these threads sorting themselves out. Why on earth would they leave the 15-year-old daughter home alone when they KNEW who the guy was (and he knew where they lived) and were ostensibly in fear for their lives?
Here's my Theory
Killer was ex boyfriend of Daughter. Mom And Daughter go out one night, and daughter Breaks down about losing her virginity and boyfriend breaking up with her. She caught him having sex with her best friend, and is now heart broken. Mom, "pissed" then comes home and tell her son, about what happened to his sister. Son in a fit of rage goes over to sisters ex boyfriends house to have a chat with him. Mom Goes with son just to make sure son doesn't flip out on his sister's ex boyfriend. Son see ex boyfriend in his car and cuts him off, causing a fender bender. Son pulls gun on ex boyfriend and tells him "he gonna pay for what he did to his sister's heart". Ex Boyfriends blows it all off until "Many Men" by Gangsta Rap artist 50cent comes on his Ipod. Ex boyfriend then remembers were his Drunken Step dad keeps his 9m. The ex boyfriend then goes home grabs the 9m, and heads over to the Meyers house for a little pay back. He Pulls up to front of the house turns the 9m sideways and starts Blasting Fools. One lucky shot Hits Tammy Meyers in the head and the rest is history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events