Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 10:06 AM

8,088 posts, read 10,113,473 times

Advertisements

Just another example of people with a gun, pretending that they are "defending" themselves, ending up dead.

Once you pull out that gun, your odds of dying escalate dramatically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:10 AM

51,036 posts, read 36,749,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I hope toxicology was done on Mrs. Meyers. Did she have alcohol or drugs in her system?... Police seem sympathetic and protective of this lying family, so hopefully someone is willing to get to the truth and not cover it up.
What difference would drugs make? Nothing excuses what this man did to her regardless of what she did.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,717,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Looks like the investigation results are in. Meyers got into an altercation with another driver, drove off, left the scene and went home, got her son, who brought along a gun, then went out to look for the other car. They found the car, followed it, and eventually went home. Some time later the other car returned to their house and got into a gunfight with the son.

Kind of changes the whole picture of what the "Headlines" first led everyone to believe. Kind of brings back the memory of an old saying I heard. "Seek, and thou shalt find." If the investigation is accurate, no sympathy here.
If I was a betting man, I'd put money on this being a lot more than just a simple altercation. How did they go out and find this other car? Something doesn't smell right here. But we'll probably never know.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,686,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
If I was a betting man, I'd put money on this being a lot more than just a simple altercation. How did they go out and find this other car? Something doesn't smell right here. But we'll probably never know.

You're right. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:36 AM

792 posts, read 1,304,226 times
This was a definite tragic event, however a very preventable incident. The LVMPD is pretty decent at finding the bottom line...I'm rather confident that given time, they will find the suspect and/or suspects...and those facts yet to be disclosed.

One concern I have is that the victims son has admitted firing a 9mm on a fleeing vehicle...in a cul de sac....at a time of day when visibility is not optimal. Anyone familiar with the design of a cul de sac knows that houses are basically facing each other, in extremely close proximity. Firing a weapon of that caliber...or any caliber for that matter, in an area as described,could have very easily killed or seriously injured an innocent neighbor ...My point being, it could have been much worse !

Regardless...there were not one but several very poor decisions that lead to this tragic event...I will have to reserve judgement until we know "the rest of the story".

Last edited by Irish4evr; 02-18-2015 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Spell

Old 02-18-2015, 11:56 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,786,283 times
It's going to be some interesting " rest of the story."

Mom is out at 11:30 at night, on a school night , teaching her daughter, who does not have a learner's permit, how to drive. Then supposedly they got side swiped by another car- turns out that wasn't true.

Then mom goes home, gets son with gun to go look for other car. Finds him - evidently they all live very near each other. She leaves, other car follows her home and she gets shot at home. But it turns out she is standing behind her son when she is shot. What in the world?

And how do you know the perp has blue eyes at 11:30 at night when you're in a car or out on the road?

I still get the sneaking suspicion that these people all knew each other & mom knew where to find the shooter. Why was she looking for him- there was no physical accident, why bring your son along with a gun ?

What a tangled web of lies as the saying goes.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:01 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,320,257 times
This has drug deal gone bad written all over it.....

Old 02-18-2015, 12:16 PM

792 posts, read 1,304,226 times
I am a little familiar with that specific area and based on time of day, and day of week...had the victim, if truly feeling threatened, simply dialed 911...Metro would have had units all over that area in a matter of minutes...there was absolutely no justification in my mind, what so ever, for the very poor decisions as reportedly exhibited by the victim.

Who in there right mind, already knowing the potential for a volatile situation, would return home, arm themselves, and go looking for another encounter....seriously....

I am not attacking the victim, or her family...and can see how my words might be considered as such...not the case....however this story is full of unanswered questions and exhibits borderline insanity !

Old 02-18-2015, 12:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 11,591,829 times
Wild Wild West!
Most Gun owners should of already known, there was more to this story from the beginning.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:33 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,085,850 times
There's more to the story than what has been reported. It will all come out in time. And I believe they have taken her off life support and I believe she did die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events