Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:31 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Meh.. It is a bit excessive for someone to be shot for throwing rocks. You would think with the prevelence of tazers that would have been the go to.. But.. We don't know the entire situation.

Will agree with you that bringing rocks to a gunfight isn't smart.
The article says they used a tazer but it did not subdue him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 11:21 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
NO charges against cops. 3 months of stalling until the public eye has shifted away and the local prosecutor is claiming there grounds to charge the cops.

Funny thing is they are going to end up paying out a couple of few million when the civil case gets going... yet the cops will walk free because the legal system allows their buddies to be the people who decide if they get charged...

We should let the bloods decide if a member gets charged with a crime.... and let my family decide for cousins... businesses decide for partners... etc. .

Old 09-10-2015, 12:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
NO charges against cops. 3 months of stalling until the public eye has shifted away and the local prosecutor is claiming there grounds to charge the cops.

Funny thing is they are going to end up paying out a couple of few million when the civil case gets going... yet the cops will walk free because the legal system allows their buddies to be the people who decide if they get charged...

We should let the bloods decide if a member gets charged with a crime.... and let my family decide for cousins... businesses decide for partners... etc. .
We have a justice system, your idea is the same as those in 3rd world countries.......No, thank you! Let the bloods decide, what kind of thinking is this, allowing gang members to hold their own court.

He had been throwing rocks at cars and police officers.

It was the third killing by the Pasco police since July, and the video has brought international attention, with a flurry of online commenters criticizing the use of force against a man without a gun or a knife.

Both of the above came from article........the last statement is as dumb as it gets! Why was a 35 yr old man throwing rocks at police? Why did he run and what the hell did he expect........I have no pity for a grown man acting like he is living in the Gaza Strip.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:19 PM

19,837 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Throwing rocks at police sounds like suicide by cop.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We have a justice system, your idea is the same as those in 3rd world countries.......No, thank you! Let the bloods decide, what kind of thinking is this, allowing gang members to hold their own court.

He had been throwing rocks at cars and police officers.

It was the third killing by the Pasco police since July, and the video has brought international attention, with a flurry of online commenters criticizing the use of force against a man without a gun or a knife.

Both of the above came from article........the last statement is as dumb as it gets! Why was a 35 yr old man throwing rocks at police? Why did he run and what the hell did he expect........I have no pity for a grown man acting like he is living in the Gaza Strip.

clearly you don't English very well....

I suggest you try to reparse my post and while doing so remember English is a contextual language.

My post was intended to show how allowing someone with a conflict of interest to make such important decisions is an inherently bad idea...
allowing criminals to judge criminals is obviously bad idea. that is the whole point, I am a little disappointed something so obvious went right over your head...

I would add that your critical thinking skills could do with a little sharpening up. It is not logical to be concerned with the actions of people in gaza (we are held to a different standard and are not on a war footing, nor have we been invaded or occupied)

As to way a man is throwing rocks well it does not matter if he was defending or attacking, the underlying point remains the same...
Is it justified to shoot dozens of times until he is riddled with bullets to prevent him from throwing a stone ... that is the real question.

As seeing as you opened the door for gaza, being advised the shooting stone throwing protesters has been singled out by everyone from the UN to all the top human rights groups as a breach of human rights!!!

we are the only developed nation that lets police fire on stone throwing and unarmed members of the public as a matter of course. No other western/developed nation permits such violence to be used against its people...

Old 09-10-2015, 12:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Here is a novel idea, don't try to do serious bodily harm to anyone carrying a gun.

Stupid games have stupid prizes.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Throwing rocks at police sounds like suicide by cop.
he was drugged up and throwing them are cars , the cops came and instead of just bum rushing the dude they decided to shoot him with tasers , when that failed they went right to the trusty old guns, who cares if he was a small dude and there were dozens of cops. They are amercian cops they have the right to gun down anyone who disobeys, resists, protests or has a skin color they don't care for.

To put this in perspective, had the same thing happened on the other side of Washington state the dude would have just been taken into to custody without the execution, our side of Washington has money to hire well trained, well respected cops who don't shoot to kill every time someone calls them names or throws a rock.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
we are the only developed nation that lets police fire on stone throwing and unarmed members of the public as a matter of course
You just admitted he wasn't unarmed.

He was throwing rocks at police, and that could seriously injure or kill a person.

Here is one example of soccer player who was murdered last year by a man throwing a rock.

Cameroon Soccer Player Killed By Rock-Throwing Fan

Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Oh wait, I remember this fool now.

He was the one who turned back towards police as if he had a gun.

Yeah, that was essentially suicide by cop.

You can clearly see it here in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQKgPE6wSuE

Old 09-10-2015, 12:54 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Gosh, his actions and behavior ran off his family, friends and community. He was basically abandoned and the cops were the only ones left to deal with him. I find it rather sad that his family wants to profit from this. I think the Mexican president said what he said because he has to uphold an image that he cares about his citizens. The dead guy is just a pawn now, isn't that always how it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events