Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM

1,431 posts, read 915,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Even if you think someone is "bluffing" you don't take it lightly.

And are you kidding about the texting comment? Teens today text their every move. Many of them today are sleep deprived as they sleep with the phone next to them sending texts at 3am "what r u doing".

If this was even 5 yrs ago it would have been an actual phone call. Shows how sad society is today in regards to reaching out to others.

Something is wrong with this girl, that she could be so callous.
People make references to killing themselves quite regularly and don't actually mean them.

"Omg, if anyone sees my dad dropping me off at school, I'm gonna go home and hang myself." Would you take that seriously?

How about, "I'm totally in love with you, but since you won't date me, I'm gonna end it all."

I guess I don't feel like it's her fault because I've ignored someone that told me that before. Guess what? She's married with a kid now. She got over it. And how do we know the boy wasn't being obsessive?

I think people nowadays are way too quick to end their lives over something so avoidable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 04:12 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,153,374 times
She's a sick puppy. She organized a softball tournament to promote Mental Health Awaremess???

I guess it didnt help, huh? No one became aware of what a sick, sick little puppy this organizer is.

She is guilty of a crime. She's a cyber-bully through and through. She should have notified anybody that this guy was saying he was committing sucide; but, the best she had to offer was to order him back into that truck.

She deserves jail time - something she probably didnt think would be even possible. Most sick puppies dont understand there are repercussions for the evil and selfish things they do.

Sure, she needs psychological therapy. She should get plenty of time behind bars for this, and all the mental health services she needs ordered by the courts.

Regardless of how repulsed I currently am by this, this is a good opportunity to make an example for these young folks. Your sociopathy doesnt just hurt others, but has consequences for you too.

Two beautiful children whose lives have been destroyed. So sad...

Old 02-28-2015, 04:35 PM

238 posts, read 228,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
People make references to killing themselves quite regularly and don't actually mean them.

"Omg, if anyone sees my dad dropping me off at school, I'm gonna go home and hang myself." Would you take that seriously?

How about, "I'm totally in love with you, but since you won't date me, I'm gonna end it all."

I guess I don't feel like it's her fault because I've ignored someone that told me that before. Guess what? She's married with a kid now. She got over it. And how do we know the boy wasn't being obsessive?

I think people nowadays are way too quick to end their lives over something so avoidable.
This. Growing up, my father used to come crying to my siblings and I and say if we didn't talk mom out of leaving him he would kill himself. I got so sick of it I told him that if that's what he needed to do to be happy then to go for it. Should I have gone to jail if he had in fact offed himself?

Several people I knew used to whine and complain all the time, threatening suicide - some were over boy/girlfriends not wanting to be with them, parents not letting them do what they wanted, blah blah blah. It literally never stopped. Finally you get fed up enough to say if that's what you need to do, do it already- basically poop or get off the pot. Should those of us who had enough have been responsible? I don't think so.

I don't know the whole story, and neither do any of you, so it's pretty harsh to say she should rot in hell and doesn't deserve to live, you have no idea what brought her to that point, let alone him.

Until you walk a mile, you just can't know.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:47 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,993,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
My thoughts are it is BS; she did not physically force him, he did it all on his own.
Exactly. And charging her with manslaughter when she didn't touch a hair on his body? Now that's a slippery slope indeed. Sure, what she did was eveil and malicious, but she did not commit manslaughter by any stretch of the imagination. The DA is reaching.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:15 PM

8,280 posts, read 8,684,867 times
The DA got the national publicity he was trying for.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:16 PM

50,997 posts, read 36,695,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post

They exchanged thousands of texts on this, over a period of time...she helped him devise the best method to do it...when he was "discovered" she pretended shock, they only knew she knew because they read the texts in his phone. How does that bear any resemblance to saying something one time in a casual manner as you are describing above?

Old 02-28-2015, 06:46 PM

1,431 posts, read 915,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They exchanged thousands of texts on this, over a period of time...she helped him devise the best method to do it...when he was "discovered" she pretended shock, they only knew she knew because they read the texts in his phone. How does that bear any resemblance to saying something one time in a casual manner as you are describing above?
Where did you get this information from? Do you have more that I'm unaware of, or did you make that up? Did she also physically force him into the truck and seal him inside when he had second thoughts, or did she use her mind control powers to finish the job?

Old 02-28-2015, 07:31 PM

Google is your friend...

"Fairhaven police Detective Scott Gordon wrote in his police report: “Not only did Conrad tell Carter in several of his texts prior to his death that he was scared and didn't want to leave his family, she continued to encourage him to take his own life, and when he actually started to carry out the act, he got scared again and exited his truck, but instead of telling him to stay out of the truck, Carter told him to ‘get back in.’”

Not only did she allegedly encourage the boy to commit suicide, she then spearheaded a fundraising campaign in his honor. Three days after Roy died, Carter expressed her sorrow and utter dismay, tweeting out: “I will never understand why this had to happen.” She then organized a softball event, raising over $2,000, the proceeds of which went to a suicide prevention program.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,969,661 times
In take it she is being charged with aiding suicide. All laws have elements of a crime that must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Carter, a Plainville high school honor roll student, was arrested on charges of involuntary manslaughter and arraigned as a youthful offender at the New Bedford Juvenile Court; if convicted she could be sentenced as an adult. She remains free on bail and is due back in court in April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events