Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,997,381 times

Advertisements

Amen, ConeyGirl52. I suspect for her to be charged there were instances other than the one stated at the end where she was the instigator behind the suicide. If she is innocent, she'll be cleared, but this is going to be settled where it should be..a court of law, with a jury of her peers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 09:36 PM

Clampdown69, One cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theatre, but somehow the first amendment lived.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:40 PM

312 posts, read 483,207 times
Oh and if a person does not have the mental facilities to know not to pet the tiger and they do and get eaten, that's nature. What happens to the gazelle that steps into the lake in Africa? The crocodile eats them. Survival of the fittest, humans are just talking animals.

If someone knew this kid had problems he should have been supervised and been made unable to kill himself. My aunts daughter - my cousin - is 17, and about two years ago she attempted suicide and got caught..my aunt had her locked up in a pediatric psych ward so she couldn't hurt herself. If someone knew the kid had those inclinations (and if you don't have them then someone telling you to off yourself will not make you do anything but tell them to "f off") and someone knew about it and still let him be within reach of the instruments that ended his life then they Are partially responsible but she isn't.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:42 PM

Humans are more than talking animals; they are reflective of their own actions of the past.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Clampdown69, One cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theatre, but somehow the first amendment lived.
Yelling fire in a theater is basically inciting a riot, and if there is no fire it's a lie. It's not the same as telling someone to do something, and it wasn't a lie it was just how she felt. She was expressing her thoughts and she is entitled to that. The law is not to protect feelings or stop people from being upset, it's too punish actions that endanger people. If I start a stampede in the movie theater by misleading people that there is a fire and someone gets trampled I directly endangered someone, telling someone to do something doesn't endanger anyone...he made a choice to kill himself. My heart goes out to his mother and not him, he was an idiot who didn't think his actions through and ended his life because of what a girl said...

If I listened everything my ex girlfriends told me when the relationship ended then I would've had surgery to become a pig. It's just boobs connected to organs nothing to end your life over.

That's not true of course, women are people but I have had to tell myself that when women have broken my heart just to not let it get to me.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Humans are more than talking animals; they are reflective of their own actions of the past.
Technically we are animals, smart animals, but just mammals. Some religious beliefs conflict with that but science tells us we are essentially highly evolved primates.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:51 PM

But Clampdown, the guy yelling fire never told movie goers to riot. They chose to (no different than the gazelle you spoke of), and must accept the consequences of their bad decision, via your 1st amendment has no limits M.O.

You are being inconsistent regarding yelling "fire".

Old 02-28-2015, 09:54 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,153,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown69 View Post
Oh and if a person does not have the mental facilities to know not to pet the tiger and they do and get eaten, that's nature. What happens to the gazelle that steps into the lake in Africa? The crocodile eats them. Survival of the fittest, humans are just talking animals.

If someone knew this kid had problems he should have been supervised and been made unable to kill himself. My aunts daughter - my cousin - is 17, and about two years ago she attempted suicide and got caught..my aunt had her locked up in a pediatric psych ward so she couldn't hurt herself. If someone knew the kid had those inclinations (and if you don't have them then someone telling you to off yourself will not make you do anything but tell them to "f off") and someone knew about it and still let him be within reach of the instruments that ended his life then they Are partially responsible but she isn't.
So you would prefer not to have to co-exist with people you dont deem worthy. You have no responsbility to help protect them, or anyone for that matter. They need to be superior people's plaything. Even when you know they are disabled - or not on your level.

Heck, we can pretend we are demented and debatched royalty of days gone by, dress them up in chicken suits, and hunt them on the lawn for our amusement, I guess.

No, you really dont have a right to tell someone to hurt themselves. You dont have a right to incite a riot either. You are not allowed to say you want to kill the president - your threat will be taken seriously.

What is superior and valueable about someone who preys on those they feel are inferior to them?

I would think you have something to fear from them, with that attitude.

This boy did not want to kill himself, but he valued this girls opinion. They are both good-looking kids. He was scared and did not want to leave his family. Her superior-self told him to 'get back in' the vehicle. Oddly, I dont find that superior - nor do I find a lack of empathy or a complete lack of any sense of responsibility toward society superior.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. This girl willfully crossed that line. I can agree with the fact this boy was weak-minded. Actually, so is she - no matter her IQ.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...10B68646A401D8

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 02-28-2015 at 10:07 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 10:13 PM

Gonna reply briefly here, I illustrated my opinion already and I don't wanna do the see-saw. Here is what I have to say.

The difference between this and yelling fire is if I yell fire I am appealing to the instinct of survival which will cause someone to flee. The meaning of life is to survive as long as possible and make babies so that's what healthy instincts will tell you to do.

If I tell someone to kill themself, I am telling them to do something that any healthy person would find repellent. I am not appealing to their instincts and there should be no assumption that they would do it whereas normal people who don't wanna die would flee from a fire

The kid did wanna kill himself, that's why he did it. We have free will and always have a choice. Even if there is a gun to your head you still have a choice. He made a stupid and regrettable choice but he was not made to do anything unless this girl jumped inside his body and did it for him. If she wanted him to do it and manipulated him to do it that just means she out smarted him, which makes her a sociopath. Being an evil genius isn't a crime.

And although social responsibility is important it is not something that is supposed to be legislated. Right is not the same thing as legal and wrong is not the same thing as illegal and it was never supposed to be.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:32 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,153,184 times
I dont think your necessarily a bad person Clamp. Some of what you say is frightening to me.

Using text messages to tell someone you know from school to commit suicide is a crime - it doesnt matter you dont feel it should be. We already have laws in place that cover that.

We also protect society as a whole, and dont lock away any we dont want to acknowledge face or deal with. We lock away criminals. Even being mean to animals is against the law, if no one wants to consider this boy an actual person that some family loved and cared about.

If this girl is guilty, she will be locked away, and society will no doubt benefit by the lack of her presense. These are kids in school. They arent 40 year olds acting like backsides in an arguement

Why did she want this? So she could look like a good person? Why not just BE a good person. People will notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events