Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:53 PM

9,830 posts, read 11,617,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
He's that loudmouth drunk girl at the bar who gets in dude's faces like she can whoop ass because she has a big gorilla for a boyfriend who will actually whoop ass. We are Netanyahu's gorilla and I'm sick of it. We prop up their economy, we pay for their military, we protect them from even the threats they bring on themselves, and Netanyahu thinks we owe him.
ROFLROFL
Quote of the years nominee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I never voted for a Bush so you also base your commentary on the false left vs right paradigm. So you can drop the false outrage. Finally,
I'm curious to why?
I voted for Bush twice. I gave up on the party after the crazies were let out of the closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 04:02 PM

15,094 posts, read 12,280,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
What speech did you watch? That's not what he said at all!
I'm afraid this poster and many of those of his ilk already had their minds made up about Netanyahu's speech before they even heard it- or didn't hear it. They won't be confused by any facts.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:07 PM

16,767 posts, read 8,756,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I voted for Bush twice. I gave up on the party after the crazies were let out of the closet.
As if the leftists who now dominate the (D's) are not full of nutters themselves.
I'd prefer no extreme wackos from either party, but if I had to choose, I'd take the ones who believe in traditional American values and our overall Constitutional Republic, rather than those who wish to "fundamentally change America".

I still find it hard to believe most people knew what Obama meant when he said that. When you claim to love someone enough to ask them to marry you, do you then announce that if they accept, you will fundamentally change them Would you marry someone who said such a thing?
Yet that is essentially what Obama said he would do if the American people elected him. My guess is that is was due to an apathetic public and low information voters.
What else could explain it when the writing was on the wall?

`

579 posts, read 780,179 times
If the current Obama/Iran treaty is ratified, it has been stated in multiple media sources that Saudi Arabia will purchase nukes from Pakistan.

If you think the other Sunni kingdoms/emirates will stand idly by while a Shia Iran has a viable nuclear weapon, you know nothing about the region.

Quite the legacy!

http://thediplomat.com/2015/03/asia-...ew-conference/

14,317 posts, read 22,442,878 times
Default A ridiculous GOP-sponsored speech

Like Republicans, Netanyahu, is the problem. Idiotic speech in front of the Republican-downgraded Congress supports regression and ill-advised policy. His perspective, like that of the hapless right-wing party who invited him to make this inappropriate speech, is light years behind President Obama's view.

The entire free world is negatively impacted by Netanyahu and the GOP, neither able or willing to compromise for the greater good.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:13 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,568,209 times
5 Badass Things You Should Know About Bibi Netanyahu

"But before anyone thinks that political pressure is going to intimidate Netanyahu, they should remember where he came from."

Old 03-03-2015, 04:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,761,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I'm curious to why?
I voted for Bush twice.
  • Dad was crooked & completely out of touch with common people.
  • Son is a post turtle. (But I will give him this. You knew where he stood on things. This is unlike the liar we have now.)

Old 03-03-2015, 04:59 PM

685 posts, read 723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What a condescending, grandstanding asshat. He thinks America is stupid but still wants us to be his personal army. He wants wars but he wants Americans' lives on the line, not Israeli lives. We can't keep letting a chickenhawk dictate American policy. If Israel wants a preemptive war they need to fight it themselves.
Very good and blunt statement. I could apply the same statement to the party who brought him here (again) without working with the President of America - like him or not it was very unkosher of this guy to pit the nuts in Congress against the President (hmmm... that's business as usual). But he has put Israeli lives on the line, too. He wants a fight and does have an army.

To the poster who talked about dems and reps giving the war monger a standing ovation, 49 dems were absent (one for physical reasons) it was a show at the expense of the U.S. Netanyahu may be more of a danger than Sharon was and that makes him extremely dangerous. He has an election coming up, so this may have served him well but I'd give him a huge time out for his idiotic behavior. It is not the way to keep any kind of strong relations with us. He wants America's support? He can go stuff it. I'm Jewish and I'm not fine with what this idiot (or rather idiots that includes Congress) did.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,761,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut001 View Post
.... It is not the way to keep any kind of strong relations with us. He wants America's support? He can go stuff it. I'm Jewish and I'm not fine with what this idiot (or rather idiots that includes Congress) did.
Yet he got numerous standing ovations from the entire congress. The only ones who didn't seem to like it was the lame duck Obama who will be gone in 2 years, the Congressional Black Caucus who boycotted, and lackeys of the Democratic party. Seems like Netanyahu is in very good standing where it counts.

Obama has completely lost to set agendas for the USA.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:13 PM

610 posts, read 701,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As if the leftists who now dominate the (D's) are not full of nutters themselves.
I'd prefer no extreme wackos from either party, but if I had to choose, I'd take the ones who believe in traditional American values and our overall Constitutional Republic, rather than those who wish to "fundamentally change America".
`
You mean the ones that created DHS and started the Terror War and created the TSA and the NSA dragnet program and let Ray Nagin confiscate guns in the Katrina aftermath and gave you halfway-socialized medicine for old people (medicare Part D) and launched two wars without a declaration from congress and tortured people at CIA black sites and authorized the rendition program and gave Halliburton every cost-plus contract it asked for and stocked the Marines' M16s with depleted Uranium rounds and gave Baghdad to the Iranian sock-puppets and let bin Laden escape to Tora Bora and authorized the first bailouts and stimulus and authorized FEMA to declare martial law? Those conservatives that believe in traditional American values and the "Constitutional" Republic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus
Like Republicans, Netanyahu, is the problem. Idiotic speech in front of the Republican-downgraded Congress supports regression and ill-advised policy. His perspective, like that of the hapless right-wing party who invited him to make this inappropriate speech, is light years behind President Obama's view.

The entire free world is negatively impacted by Netanyahu and the GOP, neither able or willing to compromise for the greater good
Stop... The dems are JUST as bought and paid for by AIPAC. Read Mearshiemer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1
The rest of your post sounded reasoned, but starting out with such a definitive bold statement leaves one to wonder how you can make such a comment. The agreement can be reneged upon at any stage, and depending on the POTUS and the counties appetite for conflict, they very well might be allowed to work toward readiness under the agreement. I remember when our politicians made pronouncements that N Korea would not be allowed to get the bomb (Clinton, Bush & Obama), yet they now have it, and are looking to weaponize a longer range ICBM.
Much of what you said is the exact problem. Not to mention North Korea was never open to weapons inspectors, ever. But the problem is all this hoopla is over what COULD happen... Iran COULD develop ICBM's, Iran COULD develop a nuke, Iran could do just about anything. But the politicians don't actually care about that. What they don't like, is that in 1979, the Iranian regime declared independence from the American Empire. Plus AIPAC pays every congressman to pretend that Israel's interests are America's interests. Ever since then, it's been game on. The reality is, though, they're actually negotiating for MORE SAFEGUARDS then they have now.

They've already worked out an agreement to have the Russians handle, and document for the IAEA, all of their fuel rods, both viable and spent. Bushehr, Arak, Natanz, etc., are all enriching at 5%, and under the terms of this deal, they wouldn't even return to 20% (much less 90% needed for a bomb) for something like 10 years. Since when did war and threats of regime-change ever make a more viable option than peace talks? Is that really how duped by CNN and Fox the population of this country is?

Netanyahu basically said, in his speech, that if the deal was brokered, there would be another holocaust. That is patently absurd. Whose rhetoric is really worse, here, the Khamenei's or Netanyahu's? They're both terrible people. Let's be realistic: they're politicians. There is no lower life form on earth. But if you're going to hate them, hate them for the right reasons. Hate them for their lies and their bombast, and not for pretend issues that aren't actually even what's being discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events