Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 07:57 AM

66 posts, read 73,258 times

Advertisements

Utah lawmakers okay firing squad for death penalty | Tampa Bay Times
Lawmakers have passed a bill that would make Utah the only state to allow firing squads for carrying out a death penalty if there is a shortage of execution drugs. The passage of the bill by the state Senate on Tuesday comes as states struggle to obtain lethal injection drugs amid a nationwide shortage.
And now we're going to nether...
What do you think guys? Why do we use such barbaric methods in 21-st century and when will people understand that execution is not a necessity?!
And also, in light of recent eventsInnocent man wrongly jailed for 23 years dies days before lawsuit | New York Post
They will execute innocent persons... Why? Maybe you can tell me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 AM

387 posts, read 588,963 times

Old 03-12-2015, 08:45 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,988 times
Putting aside the merits of the death penalty in general, I'd say firing squad may be a more humane way than a lethal drug injection. I understand the effects of the drugs used is painful, whereas a well-placed bullet is instantaneous.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 AM

5,880 posts, read 6,946,507 times
"Let's do this."
- Gary Gilmore

Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Putting aside the merits of the death penalty in general, I'd say firing squad may be a more humane way than a lethal drug injection. I understand the effects of the drugs used is painful, whereas a well-placed bullet is instantaneous.
^^^THIS^^^
Actually it's 5 sharp shooters with 4 well placed bullets and one blank.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:07 AM

29,449 posts, read 14,631,447 times
I have no problems with this. Now they just need to add an express line.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:30 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I have no problems with this. Now they just need to add an express line.
California has 700 something just waiting. I wonder if we can pay Utah to take the trash off our hands since this state is too pathetic to do it ourselves. Look at these guys and their crimes and if you don't think they deserve it you are probably a sociopath like them.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Capital_Punis...ListSecure.pdf

Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
^^^THIS^^^
Actually it's 5 sharp shooters with 4 well placed bullets and one blank.
Then I'd say that at least some of the people being executed are getting a better exit than they gave their victims.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:47 PM

29,449 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
California has 700 something just waiting. I wonder if we can pay Utah to take the trash off our hands since this state is too pathetic to do it ourselves. Look at these guys and their crimes and if you don't think they deserve it you are probably a sociopath like them.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Capital_Punis...ListSecure.pdf
That is the problem, it takes too long. If it is proven without a doubt , take them out that day and execute them.
Here is another perfect example of a person that should get the fast trac thru the execution line.
Man executed 2-year-old in front of her father to torture him: cops | New York Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Then I'd say that at least some of the people being executed are getting a better exit than they gave their victims.
Sadly , you are correct. But at least this world will not have to worry about them commiting another crime again.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is the problem, it takes too long. If it is proven without a doubt , take them out that day and execute them.
Here is another perfect example of a person that should get the fast trac thru the execution line.
Man executed 2-year-old in front of her father to torture him: cops | New York Post

Sadly , you are correct. But at least this world will not have to worry about them commiting another crime again.

Exactly what on earth is going on in peoples head who think that guy deserves life and to not be killed in the most painful way possible. It's the liberal mentality that criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events