Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 05:46 AM

4 posts, read 5,045 times

Advertisements

With the stroke of a pen, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback erased protections offered to LGBT state employees facing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

Governor orders end to LGBT protected class

What is more important than LGBT's 'rights', are American children who are brainwashed every school day. Because these children are the real victims! Where are our children's rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 05:55 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,604,174 times
I guess next up they will eradicate the rights of left handed people, or people with a certain eye/skin/hair colour?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeenGreen View Post
With the stroke of a pen, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback erased protections offered to LGBT state employees facing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

What is more important than LGBT's 'rights', are American children who are brainwashed every school day. Because these children are the real victims! Where are our children's rights?
I see you've found an anti-gay hero. They're getting harder to come by these days, aren't they? It must be very depressing, living in an age in which sanctioned discrimination against gays is being rolled back virtually everywhere. All this equality, justice - such developments must be difficult to live with for you people who loathe such concepts.

Oh - nice touch with the "But... but... I just care to much about the children!" shtick. It ain't much, and it's incoherent nonsense, but since there is no coherent rationale for your anti-gay animus, I guess you've got to throw something out there.

But, do tell me this:
How does it benefit the child of gay parents in Kansas, when one of those parents is fired from a job not for job performance but for no reason other than the fact that he or she is gay? Or, when that parent is not hired in the first place for precisely that reason? Of course, it doesn't - it harms that child. And you don't care one bit.

Stop pretending you care at all about children. You don't. You're just upset that this generation is not raising another generation that shares your irrational dislike of gays.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 AM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Who tells their boss what their sexual orientation is? Are employers asking employees what their sexual orientation is? How can you protect or discriminate against someone unless they are being obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation, in which case maybe they should be fired (homo- or heterosexual).

Old 02-12-2015, 09:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Who tells their boss what their sexual orientation is? Are employers asking employees what their sexual orientation is? How can you protect or discriminate against someone unless they are being obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation, in which case maybe they should be fired (homo- or heterosexual).
Question: when someone fills out health insurance enrollment forms and names their spouse, is that being "obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation?"

How about an event like a company picnic or some such? Again, if someone brings his/her spouse to one of these functions, is that being "obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation?"

Picture of the spouse on one's desk? Where does that fall?

Amazing how people just keep glorying in their right to discriminate.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Question: when someone fills out health insurance enrollment forms and names their spouse, is that being "obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation?"

How about an event like a company picnic or some such? Again, if someone brings his/her spouse to one of these functions, is that being "obnoxiously promiscuous about their sexual orientation?"

What about chatting with fellow employees? Discussing what you did this weekend? "The wife and I went to the movies" Tells others about your sexual orientation.

My fiancee and I run into her boss all the time in town. Kind of hard to not know we are homosexual.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 AM

323 posts, read 377,304 times
Quote:

The important line to draw is if people should be fired over behavior or not. These arguments always turn into "because it's morally wrong, the person should be ostracized from society".

To me, it's a moral issue, and morality isn't determined by the legal system.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:26 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeenGreen View Post

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. When this Governor's order is thrown out as being unconstitutional, the Justice's written opinion is probably going to be pretty awesome.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrett View Post
The important line to draw is if people should be fired over behavior or not. These arguments always turn into "because it's morally wrong, the person should be ostracized from society".

To me, it's a moral issue, and morality isn't determined by the legal system.
That's a good point.

So, I'll ask you: should people be fired over behavior like, oh, marrying the person s/he loves?

Old 02-12-2015, 09:32 AM

323 posts, read 377,304 times
Quote:
That's a good point.

So, I'll ask you: should people be fired over behavior like, oh, marrying the person s/he loves?
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events