Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:10 PM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And that NC man is "out on the porch" (I always get that calendar), and the cops told the "furious" neighborhood gossips that they can't do a thing.

Creep or not, nothing's going to happen to the guy in his own home.
Ultimately, this is a thread about whether such practices should be legal (and, note, I don't think anyone in this thread has a problem with inadvertent nudity in your home with the blinds open, etc.). And, at the end of the day, "nothing's going to happen to that guy in his own home" so long as the law in that jurisdiction remains as it is. But, note, there is no inherent right to expose yourself from the comfort of your own home. This discussion ultimately is one of legal policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 06:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
He may not be breaking any laws, but I'm glad I don't live on his block. He's KILLING property values!
He actually may be helping values long term.....because the block is now nationally famous...and the houses will outlive him, when he stops exposing himself or leaves for one reason or another, the fame will remain and the value of living on a famous block will make value go up.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,031,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I think the government should step in and make laws that people can't do what they want inside their own homes.
They already have. Do you want a list?

Old 04-05-2015, 06:48 PM

14 posts, read 16,873 times
If some little girls were to say the man tried to get them to come into his house, I bet the issue would be settled pretty quickly. Just the thought of some naked pervert looking at kids will put an entirely different focus on the matter. Perhaps "someone" should tell him that "bad" things were going to happen to him if he continues this flashing.Its funny that a law was passed to stop the women boaters in bikinis from being too close to the interstate at lake Norman but nothing can be done legally to stop this sicko .Its not about a person being seen though his window on occasion because this could happen to anyone. I understand that he waits until he knows children will come by and then he stands in his door way where he cant be missed.

Last edited by Mrbigbutt; 04-05-2015 at 06:57 PM..

Old 04-05-2015, 09:27 PM

477 posts, read 509,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Exactly. That is how I see it...a mature, well-balanced adult
knows the limits or social boundaries of our society...this is not one of them....
but, with a curtain...or a fence...go sunbath nude...who cares.

And, of course, art is art, the body is beautiful, David is beautiful...that is not the issue
... it's about a guy wanting shock value by exposing himself.
Apples and oranges.
No, its apples and organs! LOL!

And yes, he's a pervert, not the same as the statue of David, not the same as accidental exposure between the tub and the bedroom, not even the same as walking around starkers and passing an un-curtained window.

He is exposing himself in front of a full length glass door - his front door - in plain view of the street and all his neighbors, for extended periods of time - an hour, more - and this has been going on for over 10 years.

There is nothing accidental about it, it is purposeful, and yes, it SHOULD be illegal.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:10 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
I think it's wrong, you are exposing yourself to the public.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:18 AM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Put it on You Tube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events