Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,323,101 times

Advertisements

It's really sad that the original poster has asked to keep his thread cop bashing free but a bunch of fools are not respecting that. You all must be such nice people.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:27 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
It's really sad that the original poster has asked to keep his thread cop bashing free but a bunch of fools are not respecting that. You all must be such nice people.
In the OP, the OP takes a shot at "police haters" and tone is of general anger and hatred towards anyone who dare not just roll over and expose your belly to someone who acquired a badge. If you want to keep a thread bash free, the first order of business would be to keep the original post on the strict topic of "good things cops do" without adding all the other stuff about haters and whatnut.

Why not just keep it simple and say this is a feel good thread about cops? Why would that have been so hard if that's the direction you wanted to keep the thread in?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:33 PM

maybe he's sick of reading all the angry posts here and couldnt help himself. Kind of like the majority of folks here cant stop themselves from cop bashing. Give the guy a break, perhaps he's tired. In case you didnt notice it's not an easy job.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
maybe he's sick of reading all the angry posts here and couldnt help himself. Kind of like the majority of folks here cant stop themselves from cop bashing. Give the guy a break, perhaps he's tired. In case you didnt notice it's not an easy job.
But there are two ways you can approach it. One is be combative and get in the face of the bashers, the other is to come in with a happy and respectful tone. If you're happy and respectful and start a "feel good" post i don't think people would have as much of a problem keeping on topic and keeping it as a feel good thread.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:08 PM

Default re

I thought his initial post sounded fine. Bottom line, the cop haters can't control themselves.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:09 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
I thought his initial post sounded fine. Bottom line, the cop haters can't control themselves.
I thought this thread was about GOOD COPS not COP HATERS. Can't you keep it on topic? Sheesh!

Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying the original post isn't "fine" but its not the post you wanna make if you're looking for a "Feel good" positive vibe thread, its more of a post that would start a debate about good cop vs bad cop.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:32 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
I was a police officer

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again.

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school.

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized.

Today, I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone. I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief.

Today, I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident.

Today, I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were too busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived.

Today I will not arrest you for your harmless pot.. although you just burned down the apartment building trying to make honey oil out of it

No, today I will not do that.

Why?

Today, I was suspended from duty for doing my job, because the media, liberals, a community organizer, a lawyer who formally represented terrorists and is the US attorney general and a mayor who ran on an anti-police agenda, who are all advised by a drug dealer, liar and income tax cheat. AND, all who know nothing about Policing, have vilified my profession.

Because ----

Today, I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway.

Today, I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out.

Today, I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen.

Today, I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer.

Today, I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was too busy.

Today, I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery.

Today I was killed doing my job.

A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won't be coming home today.

The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won't know why.

There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps and bagpipes will be played as I am laid to rest.

My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere.

A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.

There will be no cries for justice.
There will be no riots in the streets.
There will be no officers marching, screaming 'no justice, no peace.'
No citizens will scream that something must be done.
No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called.
Even CD posters wont give it a rest

Someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.

I was a police officer

Its a new month... the clock has started.. power on...

Old 04-03-2015, 12:19 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Ok.. the mayhem continues and the police continue to serve

Memphis officer shot
Memphis police officer recovering after being shot | WREG.com

Nashville officer assaulted by woman with her SUV
Mother accused of hitting school resource officer with SUV - WSMV Channel 4

Police officer returns fire from suspect who kills woman in front of him, takes on multiple suspects
Woman Killed in Front of Her 12-Year-Old Son Had Laughed at Shooter: LASD | KTLA

Tenn. officer rams wrong way vehicle to protect other motorists
Brentwood police release wrong-way crash video

Seattle SWAT tiptoes in to rescue kidnapped baby
SWAT 'tiptoed' into home to rescue Amber alert baby | Seattle Sun Times

Already starting out busy

Old 04-03-2015, 01:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, this takes place on about every thread. The OP does not get to pick and choose who posts on their thread or what they say. So . . to start out with a series of directions is going to get you disappointed every time on an internet forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I was a police officer

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again.

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school.

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized.

Today, I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone. I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief.

Today, I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident.

Today, I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were too busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived.

Today I will not arrest you for your harmless pot.. although you just burned down the apartment building trying to make honey oil out of it

No, today I will not do that.

Why?

Today, I was suspended from duty for doing my job, because the media, liberals, a community organizer, a lawyer who formally represented terrorists and is the US attorney general and a mayor who ran on an anti-police agenda, who are all advised by a drug dealer, liar and income tax cheat. AND, all who know nothing about Policing, have vilified my profession.

Because ----

Today, I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway.

Today, I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out.

Today, I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen.

Today, I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer.

Today, I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was too busy.

Today, I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery.

Today I was killed doing my job.

A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won't be coming home today.

The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won't know why.

There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps and bagpipes will be played as I am laid to rest.

My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere.

A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.

There will be no cries for justice.
There will be no riots in the streets.
There will be no officers marching, screaming 'no justice, no peace.'
No citizens will scream that something must be done.
No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called.
Even CD posters wont give it a rest

Someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.

I was a police officer

Its a new month... the clock has started.. power on...
Oh Good God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events