Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:52 PM

5,882 posts, read 6,950,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Any announcement that isn't official, could wake passengers for no good reason.

If I was waken from my slumber in such a manner, you could be certain that Romeo would be leaving the plane on a stretcher. I've been doing a Kung Fu course, and would take Price Charming down in under one second- he wouldn't see it coming.
How do you react to the ones that let you know flight attendants will be coming down the aisle to pass out applications for the co-branded Amex/Visa/Mastercard ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 01:16 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,261 times
Im still trying to figure out if the OP is being satirical or not. Due to the fact he is from Scottsdale, AZ and has the screen name "Outlaw." I'm going with dead serious. The same people who claim to be libertarian, outlaws, and patriots are the first to tattle to the authorities on everyone and everything.

"Get the nanny state out of our business! Wait did my neighbor leave his trash can out? I'm going call the HOA."

As another poster said, most men wouldn't ask for a womans hand in marriage if they did not know it was a sure bet. Most of the time it is discussed in advance then time passes and the man plans an elaborate or special way to surprise her with a wedding proposal.

She sure looks embarassed and angry in the video, she really sells the crying kissing and constant death grip hugs.... that's sarcasm.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:29 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
Im still trying to figure out if the OP is being satirical or not. Due to the fact he is from Scottsdale, AZ and has the screen name "Outlaw." I'm going with dead serious. The same people who claim to be libertarian, outlaws, and patriots are the first to tattle to the authorities on everyone and everything.

Not really satirical. But when I'm flying, I don't want to have to deal with nonsense like that. It includes children crying, random people trying to talk to me and tell me about their ridiculous lives, and I cant handle when approaching an airport if a flight attendant talks on announcement system and adds in what he or she thinks is funny little bits into the update or puts on a show. As far as emergency procedures if there is a problem with the plane: I don't need someone insulting my intelligence with a demonstration of how to use a seat cushion as a 'flotation device' either.

If I was there during the proposal, and if the camera was still filming, I would have interrupted and asked the brunette flight attendant out (the one that walked by the aisle) as a sideshow to the main event.

Now: regarding commercial pilots. I know a few of them, and a couple of them are good friends of mine currently. I knew both of them before they were pilots, so I've seen a transformation in them since they both left regionals and fly for major carriers. Occasionally I hang out with them and their pilot buddies. I have never known a more arrogant and self absorbed group of freaks in my life. They all make me seem humble, which is quit an accomplishment. The ones that are not married think they are a gift to women, are constantly talking about how much money they make and at times are really obnoxious. Most if not all of them would qualify as being narcissistic: on the far end of the scale - malignant narcissists.

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 03-23-2015 at 02:23 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,261 times
Sounds like you need to stop being cheap and charter your own airplane. I mean you live in Scottsdale. Its paractically Orange County or Marblehead..... according to Scottsdale residents.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:11 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What a sad person the OP must be.

Yes, the poor passengers had to endure this, what did it take less than 2 minutes, I would think most found it enjoyable and probably shared what happened on their flight with family and friends.

All the horrible news that we're bombarded with on a daily basis, it was nice to see this, with the exception of what the OP said.
I agree wholeheartedly. I dont understand what the OP's beef is, this is actually a nice story. Who cares what the pilot wanted to do and when? Some people just need the flagpole removed from their keysters I guess.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Now: regarding commercial pilots. I know a few of them, and a couple of them are good friends of mine currently. I knew both of them before they were pilots, so I've seen a transformation in them since they both left regionals and fly for major carriers. Occasionally I hang out with them and their pilot buddies. I have never known a more arrogant and self absorbed group of freaks in my life. They all make me seem humble, which is quit an accomplishment. The ones that are not married think they are a gift to women, are constantly talking about how much money they make and at times are really obnoxious. Most if not all of them would qualify as being narcissistic: on the far end of the scale - malignant narcissists.
That's nice. But what does it have to do with the topic at hand? I never realized there were people out there who hated us so much! Oh well, have a nice day.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:32 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,733,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
There was a PILOT and a Co-Pilot in the cockpit.

He was NOT ON DUTY!!!
But what if both pilots on duty had heart attacks. It is his duty as a licensed pilot to ALWAYS be on standby and ready to take control of the plane is something should happen.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:42 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
But what if both pilots on duty had heart attacks. It is his duty as a licensed pilot to ALWAYS be on standby and ready to take control of the plane is something should happen.
And I'm absolutely sure that in the event of an extraordinarily unlikely event like BOTH pilots having simultaneous heart attacks, he would be more than willing and able to put his marriage proposal on hold long enough to save the plane.

Sheesh ... you people are getting ridiculous.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Think about the children!!

Old 03-23-2015, 04:38 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Pilots can be jerks. Some are great but some... I don't like the whole public proposal because it DOES put her on the spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events