Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 06:31 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times

Advertisements

I think, with the latest information about how he told his GF he planned a horrible act, that we might be getting closer to the real motive here. Serial killers sort of have this same mindset, they don't consider that the act of killing multiple people who they don't know is wrong, they simply want to make some sort of place for themselves in history. It might not be remembered as a GOOD place in history, but that doesn't seem to matter to them.

I feel he had some demons and anger that were brewing for a long time, and, like Ted Bundy, came across as the nicest guy anyone could want to know. They are smart enough to know what kind of face they should put on, but their inner problems are seething below the surface.

It will be interesting to see what his personal effects yield. I just know that I am having a better morning than the poor families and loved ones of the innocent victims he chose to kill with him. I feel so horrible for them and my prayers go out to them.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:26 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think, with the latest information about how he told his GF he planned a horrible act, that we might be getting closer to the real motive here. Serial killers sort of have this same mindset, they don't consider that the act of killing multiple people who they don't know is wrong, they simply want to make some sort of place for themselves in history. It might not be remembered as a GOOD place in history, but that doesn't seem to matter to them.

I feel he had some demons and anger that were brewing for a long time, and, like Ted Bundy, came across as the nicest guy anyone could want to know. They are smart enough to know what kind of face they should put on, but their inner problems are seething below the surface.

It will be interesting to see what his personal effects yield. I just know that I am having a better morning than the poor families and loved ones of the innocent victims he chose to kill with him. I feel so horrible for them and my prayers go out to them.

Don
Exactly.

You could say it's just like any other spree killer/mass murderers throughout world history (Seung-Hui Cho, etc.).

Those with a serious axe to grind against society for whatever reason, pure narcissism and a desire for infamy at all costs to get their 15 minutes of fame. A need to strike back at a society that has ignored their 'greatness' for far too long.

Alps crash pilot told ex 'everyone will know my name'

Old 03-28-2015, 07:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Stopped reading there. ......

What this incident lacks is any sort of political or ideological motivation that is required for it to be terrorism.
Dear Heart you might try to read the entire post before you jump to conclusions. I never said it was terrorism. I said the MSM and politicians would be raising it as such. Big difference.

The rest of your cut and past is really irrelevant to that.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:57 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear Heart you might try to read the entire post before you jump to conclusions. I never said it was terrorism. I said the MSM and politicians would be raising it as such. Big difference.

The rest of your cut and past is really irrelevant to that.

I did read your whole diatribe filled with general falsehoods and assumptions and I explained why your logic was flawed, now you seem to want to have it your way and make about 50% of your post, such as the claims about McVeigh not being labeled a terrorist, which were blatantly false, just vanish.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:12 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm wondering what the laws are, being he was a public servant, wouldn't his doctor have had to report this to his employers?
I didn't know pilots were considered government officials.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I did read your whole diatribe filled with general falsehoods and assumptions and I explained why your logic was flawed, now you seem to want to have it your way and make about 50% of your post, such as the claims about McVeigh not being labeled a terrorist, which were blatantly false, just vanish.
You said you didn't read it. No matter. I don't normally bother with battle of the web links but since you used an amazon listing as "proof". Here is one that proves he isn't.

Homeland Security Says Timothy McVeigh Isn't a Terrorist

You didn't actually address the point made. Only expressed outrage that it was made.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:57 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times
Had it been revealed he was muslim that would have also made things easy for some. Stop looking, stop thinking, he was muslim, that explains everything.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:22 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
Some of the victims who have been confirmed to be on the flight:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-victims.html

Old 03-28-2015, 01:11 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You said you didn't read it. No matter. I don't normally bother with battle of the web links but since you used an amazon listing as "proof". Here is one that proves he isn't.

Homeland Security Says Timothy McVeigh Isn't a Terrorist

You didn't actually address the point made. Only expressed outrage that it was made.

Great, one exception doesn't make a rule, not to mention that official got broadly condemned for his comments. The act and those responsible was quite clearly and regularly dubbed terrorism, perhaps your memory isn't so clear but I remember the frequent use of "suspected terrorist" or "convicted terrorist" Timothy McVeigh. Nobody ever doubted that it was terrorism or tried to label it anything else.

First sentence from Wikipedia.

Quote:
Timothy James "Tim" McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was an American terrorist.

I couldn't tell if you had an actual point or not other than yours claims of McVeigh not having been a terrorist because he had a "white Christian name" which just simply false ideological rubbish. Perhaps other than turning a discussion of intent on the part of this co-pilot into trying to score points off of the backs off of 150 dead people because the pilot was white and nobody is rushing to label him a terrorist for an incident that strangely enough seemingly has nothing to do with a terrorist intent of any kind

Last edited by Juram; 03-28-2015 at 01:22 PM..

Old 03-28-2015, 02:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Now there's a rumor that he was treated for eye problems most recently in Dueseldorf - of course what his girlfriend said shows clearly that he was a very disturbed individual long before that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events