Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 02:45 PM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Don't know how old you are (young?), but you better get used to it. Life, is, always has been, a dangerous affair.
Yes, I am 53 and well aware, but things like this just make me think of just how precarious it is. That's one of the reasons I drive a 17 year old car, so I only have to work 4 days a week...live for today and all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 04:29 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Still no religion yet??!??

Old 04-01-2015, 09:53 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,554 times
There is a "German source" that claims he converted to Islam, had a Muslim girlfriend, and was associated with a mosque in Bremen that was shut down -- no doubt an attempt to start rumors. What we do know is that he had a girlfriend who is pregnant with his child and was sleeping with a stewardess on the side. My guess is that this guy was a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. So just another example of how screwed up atheism is...

Old 04-01-2015, 11:42 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Still no religion yet??!??
Okay:

He was an Atheist.

Insert comment:

He was a Catholic.

Insert comment:

He was a Jew.

Insert comment

He was Muslin.

Insert comment

He was Protestant.

Insert comment.

He was a Lutheran.

Insert comment

He was mutli-denominational

Insert comment

Old 04-02-2015, 05:52 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
There is a "German source" that claims he converted to Islam, had a Muslim girlfriend, and was associated with a mosque in Bremen that was shut down -- no doubt an attempt to start rumors. What we do know is that he had a girlfriend who is pregnant with his child and was sleeping with a stewardess on the side. My guess is that this guy was a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. So just another example of how screwed up atheism is...
???? It has nothing to do with any religion. The latest per the (actual) news reports this morning and after interviewing his parents, it was the fact he was losing his vision, and thus his dream of being a pilot that put him over the edge.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:25 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He took the opportunity he had, when the pilot left for the bathroom. If he had taken too long, there might have been air force jets mobilized or something to try to stop him, or maybe the pilot would have been able to finally knock the door down.

I find it so frightening how fragile everything is...turn left and you get in an accident and die, turn right because tonight you want to stop at the bank, and you live.....if the pilot had gone to the bathroom in Barcelona like he had wanted, they might all still be alive....every random person and thing that had to come together, to conspire to make the pilot have to skip the bathroom....that life is really that random and uncontrollable...is very scary.

I believe you and everyone in your life, that you cross paths with, your family members, your friends, even stangers you meet and talk to, is for a perfect reason I believe?

I remember when I was much younger, I went into a coffee shop, sat down and order coffee and an older fella started chatting with me. and before he left, he said, "you and I will probably never meet again, but, our chat was for a reason, believe it", and I watched him walk away.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:28 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
???? It has nothing to do with any religion. The latest per the (actual) news reports this morning and after interviewing his parents, it was the fact he was losing his vision, and thus his dream of being a pilot that put him over the edge.

Except investigators haven't even confirmed that his supposed vision loss was real and it has been said that they are investigating the possibility that it was simply psychosomatic. He was reportedly "doctor shopping" and the majority of the visits were to psychiatrists, he was complaining about issues with depression and sleep loss.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Okay:

He was an Atheist.

Insert comment:

He was a Catholic.

Insert comment:

He was a Jew.

Insert comment

He was Muslin.

Insert comment

He was Protestant.

Insert comment.

He was a Lutheran.

Insert comment

He was mutli-denominational

Insert comment
You left out Scientologist.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:17 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
"A first reading shows that the pilot in the cockpit used the automatic pilot to descend the plane towards an altitude of 100 feet (30 metres)," said the French BEA crash investigation office in a statement.
"Then, several times during the descent, the pilot changed the automatic pilot settings to increase the aircraft's speed," added the investigators.
Germanwings co-pilot 'accelerated' plane before Alps crash

Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
I don't have any phobia of flying, but wow...

Seeing this can easily make someone become scared of flying.

People argue that you could die just as easily in a car, but at least in that scenario, you'd be driving, so you would maintain all control. When it comes to a plane, you're relying on the pilot and co-pilot to take you to your destination safely. The co-pilot was mentally ill, and this is what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events