Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:03 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,833,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhPH4aD3Yw = Checkpoint Refusal Documentary.

I thought I would post this because I was planning to travel around the US, this summer like I am sure many other people are. After seeing this, I may be planning leaving the US altogether. Until today I had NO IDEA this administration has made the USA a gulag and we have no civil rights anymore.
Since when did American cops wake up and become Stazi? I grew up trusting them, knowing that if I needed someone to help me out I could always count on them. I grew up never being afraid of them. I see what is going on today I AM SCARED OF THEM IF THEY LOOK AT ME. I am not even going to go into the disclaimer "I am not a criminal blah, blah......" today you don't have to be!!!
And the video tells you why America has become a police state. You have a "NO Constitution free zone"
in the US! On US soil!!! Obama suspended your civil Bill of Rights in certain zones. Just like that. Like a dictator. And nobody was told this was going to happen. It just happened, because some people put on a UNIFORM and have NO PROBLEM ignoring your CIVIL RIGHT AS A HUMAN BEING. Humans in uniform acting no better than the "thugs in the hood." They have become legalized bully thugs, that they call;
"Doing our job." Nazi soldiers were just doing their jobs, as they watched humans march into gas chambers.
We complain about drugs and illegals and the BP is asking to search the vehicle to confirm. They were doing the hard work we do not do but it is what we want done. What is the problem here? The pastor looks and sounds like a clean cut guy but he made his position worse with his attitude. When someone acts as he does then suspicion is increased there is something which warrants investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 03:40 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
^^They can always find a reason.

Great reason for new protections for citizens. And/or better protection of our current rights.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:50 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This administration? The Constitution Free Zone was created by the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952, Thanks Obama for something that was passed before you were born. But hey if it makes you feel better to blame Obama for every thing. It won't solve anything, but if it makes you feel better, then go for it.
Enough with facts! Do not disturb a good Tea Party Circle Jerk, losing my raging excitement down under.

Mick

Old 03-29-2015, 05:37 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,499 times
"Man feels most strongly about that which he understands least." (I forgot who said that first - somebody famous around the 1700's.)

That "checkpoint" is considered a border crossing. All the usual rules and citizens' protections apply. They've been around for decades. They have nothing to do with any administration that governed during your lifetime. If you just found out about them, you obviously don't live in a border state. (Almost all locals just get waived through without even stopping.)

Can't figure out how "terry stop" (sic) got into the conversation. If you haven't actually read Terry v. Ohio, it has to do with a Supreme Court decision regarding reasonable suspicion. Not probable cause. And neither one has anything to do with a border crossing.

And if you STILL don't like the police, that's okay. That thirty-some years I spent protecting you and your family from criminals, putting myself through paramedic school so I could save all those lives late at night, getting millions of dollars in restitution for crime victims from courts across the country and all those countless hours I spent on airliners protecting you from hijackers - for you, no charge.

You're welcome.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:42 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
"Man feels most strongly about that which he understands least." (I forgot who said that first - somebody famous around the 1700's.)

That "checkpoint" is considered a border crossing. All the usual rules and citizens' protections apply. They've been around for decades. They have nothing to do with any administration that governed during your lifetime. If you just found out about them, you obviously don't live in a border state. (Almost all locals just get waived through without even stopping.)

Can't figure out how "terry stop" (sic) got into the conversation. If you haven't actually read Terry v. Ohio, it has to do with a Supreme Court decision regarding reasonable suspicion. Not probable cause. And neither one has anything to do with a border crossing.

And if you STILL don't like the police, that's okay. That thirty-some years I spent protecting you and your family from criminals, putting myself through paramedic school so I could save all those lives late at night, getting millions of dollars in restitution for crime victims from courts across the country and all those countless hours I spent on airliners protecting you from hijackers - for you, no charge.

You're welcome.
Thank you Rescue3.

Last edited by trishguard; 03-29-2015 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: stuck key

Old 03-29-2015, 05:49 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Thank you Rescue three!!!!

Well said

notme

Old 03-29-2015, 05:55 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Who bought up all the bullets and is putting mraps in every state... who is expanding federal power... who is violating the constution routinely...
The power of Washington and the desire of the one in power to remain creates dangers to all Americans
Lord Obama

Who is standing up to him
Constitutional sheriff's

Now.. practical point
DUI checkpoints have been reviewed and deemed legal when administered under constitutional guidelines
Location is broadcast
Stops must be random
Checkpoint must be clearly marked
Anyone has the right to drive away from the checkpoint with an approved bypass route

We run one every month and it is rare not to arrest several offenders... not including warrants ..suspended uninsured drivers... and a host of other crimes... by people who potentially hurt or kill the rest of us.

A DUI is nothing but a murder waiting to happen

DUI cars are better utilized on roving patrol... and are more effective than static checkpoints when the above restrictions are in place. DUI checkpoints come from federal grant money...

Perhaps you might consider another example of government over reach... this example saves lives
all the above but we don't have bypass, they will chase you down and drop the jail on your head

Old 03-29-2015, 08:01 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
all the above but we don't have bypass, they will chase you down and drop the jail on your head
Well... the supremes said once you elect to enter then you go through the random screening.. driving away could get you stopped and checked.. because at that point it becomes a failure to obey a traffic device.. in our case we have to set up;

Checkpoint signs.. two minimum at each entrance area AFTER the exit
Exit must be clearly marked as well as the checkpoint ahead.. we have to illuminate ours.. so there is a large signboard.. flashing "DUI CHECKPOINT AHEAD"
The area is coned.. we use approximately 100 per entrance...

We do have a bunch of people NOT drive into the checkpoint.. or back up.. or u-turn .. both a violation that could get you stopped (and a rover car is maintained for this purpose because a high percentage of those stops DO result in DUI or other crime arrests

By the time you get to the checkpoint it looks like close encounters of the third kind it has so many lights.. you would have to be drunk to NOT know what it is...

We also have to broadcast the location on the radio prior to the checkpoint being opened

I think the money better spent on rover cars myself... the checkpoints are usually overtime... and yes they net DUis and lots of people without insurance or suspended drivers licenses... that feels good because those people drive and crash and hurt others and there is little chance of getting anything or getting your car repaired.. so I have no sorrow for those people... but the enforcement money is better spent in my opinion..

It is fed money... from NHSTA...

Is it oppressive.. I dont know.. Ive been thru them in my personal vehicle.. took about 30 seconds

TSA searches us... supposedly to be safe while flying.. since driving is a privilege and not a right this may be balanced with keeping us safe on the road

I guess Im on the fence on this one

Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM

194 posts, read 182,839 times
The few bad cops make it much harder for the vast majority who are credits to the badge. Nobody wants a cop around till they're staring down the barrel of a gun.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhPH4aD3Yw = Checkpoint Refusal Documentary.

I thought I would post this because I was planning to travel around the US, this summer like I am sure many other people are. After seeing this, I may be planning leaving the US altogether. Until today I had NO IDEA this administration has made the USA a gulag and we have no civil rights anymore.
Since when did American cops wake up and become Stazi? I grew up trusting them, knowing that if I needed someone to help me out I could always count on them. I grew up never being afraid of them. I see what is going on today I AM SCARED OF THEM IF THEY LOOK AT ME. I am not even going to go into the disclaimer "I am not a criminal blah, blah......" today you don't have to be!!!
And the video tells you why America has become a police state. You have a "NO Constitution free zone"
in the US! On US soil!!! Obama suspended your civil Bill of Rights in certain zones. Just like that. Like a dictator. And nobody was told this was going to happen. It just happened, because some people put on a UNIFORM and have NO PROBLEM ignoring your CIVIL RIGHT AS A HUMAN BEING. Humans in uniform acting no better than the "thugs in the hood." They have become legalized bully thugs, that they call;
"Doing our job." Nazi soldiers were just doing their jobs, as they watched humans march into gas chambers.
What's the meat of this? I'm not going to watch an hour long video to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events