Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 03:44 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W--Y--D View Post
These things are always taken out of context & we only see the detective's anger not his reasons for being angry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well said. That Cop needs an attitude adjustment a long vacation to chill out and a desk job when he returns.

I wonder what the Uber driver did to get pulled over in the first place. Did he cut off the Cop or did he break some laws?
I wonder how this cop would have reacted if the guy was white, black, asian?

There is no reason to dump on that driver like that at all.

the cop was blocking the road, and the uber driver honked his horn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 06:22 PM

687 posts, read 915,205 times
I respected cops for the first 27 years of my life, that was until I was drug out of my car, thrown against a fence and had my car searched by two other officers. The guy who pulled me over was fine, it was the 2nd roid-raging moron who started screaming for no reason so that when the 3rd officer showed up the first thing he saw was an agitated comrade.

The power-tripping thugs need to be ushered out of the force, every police force throughout this country. No more pay. No more benefits. No pension. Just "BYE BYE jerkface".

We taxpayers are tired of thugs with badges, thugs who often aren't much better than the thugs with pants around their knees.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:42 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
For the few people acting as apologists for this cop, he has been relieved of his badge and gun and put on desk duty, and the NYPD has issued a formal apology. For them to do this, they would have to have viewed the footage from the internet plus perhaps any footage from a dash cam if there was any, and agreed that he acted outside the bounds of the law.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:14 AM

687 posts, read 915,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
For the few people acting as apologists for this cop, he has been relieved of his badge and gun and put on desk duty,
So still collecting pay, still collecting endless benefits for himself and his immediate family, still going to collect that pension, eh?
Quote:
and the NYPD has issued a formal apology.
Great. That sure means a lot in this day and age. Saying you're sawwweeee but not taking action is just lip service and most of us are tired of it.

Where is the accountability for the government services and government personnel who the rest of us are paying tribute to?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
I respected cops for the first 27 years of my life, that was until I was drug out of my car, thrown against a fence and had my car searched by two other officers. The guy who pulled me over was fine, it was the 2nd roid-raging moron who started screaming for no reason so that when the 3rd officer showed up the first thing he saw was an agitated comrade.
The "nice" cop was notmeofficer.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:45 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Quote:
So still collecting pay, still collecting endless benefits for himself and his immediate family, still going to collect that pension, eh?
Great. That sure means a lot in this day and age. Saying you're sawwweeee but not taking action is just lip service and most of us are tired of it.

Where is the accountability for the government services and government personnel who the rest of us are paying tribute to?
Oh, I don't disagree with you at all. I am disgusted with the current American police force and absolutely outraged by the fact that so few police officers who do things like this - or worse - actually see the inside of a prison cell.

I'm just showing the folks who are saying, "hey there guys: cops have a tough job. cut them some slack when they flip out and threaten to, or do, violate peoples' rights."

I'm of the opinion that if you swear to uphold the law you should be held to higher standards than the people who have sworn to subjugate it.

If a citizen treated a cop the way that this cop treated a citizen, they'd most likely be dead and the cop would be getting an award from the policeman's union plus a paid vacation. That isn't right.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
NYC is full of whiney little toads who feel entitled. Considering the garbage cops have to deal with on a day to day basis I'd like to see the little sissy who filmed this approach a car with dark tinted windows and expired plates with four thugs in hoods inside. Or answer a domestic violence call and get attacked. Or get garbage thrown at hm during protests and civil unrest. Then see if his demeanor isn't a little salty. But this little puke probably goes to NYU and buying into the kindler gentler coddling that goes on in Universities while trying to emasculate the male population.
It's not a toughness competition.

And honestly, I doubt you've seen as much as you put out. Nothing cool about random violence.

Back to the video, the cop was an a_shole. He's the one on duty.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Kaaboom... if ..on the Oregon coast you have seen hundreds of cops act this way then you must have gathered every officer from gold beach to Astoria to get that many to observe ...and then to observe them act in the manner you say you would have to observed officers from every department in the US
Or... was it on the internet ?
Or... are you just a drama queen?
No need for news when you can recount stories 1st hand.

Rapper R. Prophet -- Graphic Post-Taser Photos | TMZ.com

Or have had your own experiences.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:

The power-tripping thugs need to be ushered out of the force, every police force throughout this country. No more pay. No more benefits. No pension. Just "BYE BYE jerkface".

We taxpayers are tired of thugs with badges, thugs who often aren't much better than the thugs with pants around their knees.
I agree.

I'd take it a step farther and say we need more protections against officers like the one in the video. If he assaults you, you have the right to shoot him. That's what our 2nd amendment rights are for. If there's an issue, let the courts sort it out.

Why are they holding a group of people above us? Especially when we pay them? Is their Drug War justification? The crime rates that they created??

Either way, its time to take back our country.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:51 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,973 times
Glad I am not his wife......what a douchebag...when I think my husband is a jerk...I will remember this guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events